It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

I wonder how he will report on this mass shooting? It’s not that far from him to be honest he could drive to Germany and try to talk to locals.

Was it random terrorising a random Christian group or was it a disgruntled ex JW targeting specifically to do with the ongoing issues of shunning ect?

• Vintage
    Vintage

It's reported that seven are dead from a shooting in a Kingdom Hall near Hamburg Germany. One video shows JW's walking out the door of the KH guided by policemen, with a policeman carring one person on his shoulder. The neighborhood is told to stay home. No motive for the shooting has been offered as yet.

• Vintage
    Vintage

I found a quote of Humpty Dumpty in a book. Somehow it remids me of Lloyd's manner of communicating.

"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - - - neither more nor less." Through the Looking Glass, Lewis Carroll.

• ForeverAlone
    ForeverAlone
    When a newbie comes onto the scene and asks a question about what the fuss is about, this thread is often linked.

This is why we cannot let up on this thread until he changes, or he is completely gone from the exjw community and has nothing to do with CSA/SA survivors! As more time goes by, the more people are going to be coming here. I suspect/theorize that we will gains more supporters for us than Lloyd can attract. His insane behavior, this thread and lack of content on his YouTube channel will be his downfall.

There is only a limited number of times that you can beg for money, and it works. The old adage of "Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me" would seem to apply here.

Edit: Clarification on the quote above: After being tricked once, one should learn from one's mistakes and avoid being tricked in the same way again.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

I'm on Reddit every day of the week. Hemorrhoid Evans is rarely if ever mentioned, and the moment an unsuspecting Newbie references his videos they are quickly clued into what's he done by people posting links explaining his horrible behaviour, video confession, this thread, etc.

Just like WatchTower has Stephen Lett as their Clown, the ex-JW's have Evans as our Clown. Both are total embarrassments that both sides wish they'd never seen in front of a camera.

He is Kryptonite. Once Mark O'Donnell stepped away from his dumb ass, it was all over. The only ones that are still Patreons are people who are in denial and drinking his neck-bearded Kool-Aid.

• Toblerone5
    Toblerone5

WHY? Come On! Why would a Dutch tv station who is covering the Hamburg shooting ,interviewed an ex-JW ,from Croatia ,give is opinion ,like he's a big expert on what had just happened in hello GERMANY ?And How come that tv news station knew about him to begin with? Who was the idiot that give them his name and phone number and said why don't you interview this guy He will be able to talk to you about JW STUFF? And at the time of that interview Nobody knew why that man did that ! It maybe had nothing to do with shunning. On his twitter page you can see some part of the interview, it's all in Dutch but L.E. talk in english . Again WHY? Oh and Mister know it all talks about how some country could do thing such as have some tax break that would make the org think twice ? What the hell does that have to do with kingdom hall shooting ? Hug?

on another quick video .before that, he said he Was ON A BREAK RIGHT NOW, so he just made a briefly video about the shooting and said he would make a JWwatch video on that when he's back from vacation ... Why bother? By that time ,there will be at least 5 or 6 ex-JW youtuber who will have made videos about that subject already .Can someone remind me why his Patrons are paying him for ?

• Thisismein1972
    Thisismein1972

Why does he look like his knocking one out? Knowing his track record he probably is.

• raymond frantz
    raymond frantz

His patreons are either live in an area where there is no Internet or highly damaged people with zero moral compass

• KIMSILVIO
    KIMSILVIO

When he cried about going into debt to get his daughters haircut, I knew it wasn’t true but it still ripped my heart out…..when I see that he is on yet another holiday it just makes me angry. I’m sure there are many that are genuinely struggling to feed their family and pay bills …. Who won’t get to go on holidays. The grifting hypocritical fuck just makes me so disgusted. (Sorry for the name calling, I’m just angry) oh and one more rant….

is it me or does he come across as “doing everyone a favour” by taking time out of his vacation to “speak on behalf of the community”…..or is it just me being angry … anyway, thanks for reading.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    His patreons are either live in an area where there is no Internet

The fact that he got on a Dutch network is due to longstanding connections there. His friend Patrick Haeck is from Belgium and I know he had several meetups there in the early days with Dutch and German exJWs also making the trip.

A couple of years ago he made a video about the Polish exodus and went there to film one of his documentary length films. If you ever want to suffer through a livestream of his, you’ll notice that he gets a lot of his superchat donations in Euro and Polish zloty. He really isn’t popular in the UK anymore, but he has retained some measure of it in Europe.

Lloyd pulling in donations from Polish former JWs who are undoubtedly on the lower end of the median salary there is highly exploitative. It’s not because his content is second to none, but rather he’s the only activist with the time and money to make the trip to Poland and engage with the locals. Instead of providing support and simply enjoying the association and hospitality of his hosts, he makes it into a fundraising trip. Due to the language barrier and the fact that many only get their information through him as he had intended, this Thailand scandal gets lost on many of them and they take his word that it’s pure defamation.

Again - taking advantage of vulnerable people who probably couldn’t afford a week’s stay in Budapest. BTW - Hungary is a sex trafficking hotspot and Lloyd has never said he was giving up sex workers. It’s not the first, second or third time I’ve heard him going on hols there.

is it me or does he come across as “doing everyone a favour” by taking time out of his vacation to “speak on behalf of the community”

I came to the same conclusion as you did. He pulled the same shit back when he was on this forum. Lloyd would announce that him and his wife would be going on holiday in case anyone was wondering where he went as if this place couldn’t function a week without him. Once he even appointed someone as a proxy for him in his absence.

He really does believe that he still runs the show and everyone should wait until he gets back for the real coverage to begin. His video conducted on the street in Budapest about the Hamburg killings was one of platitudes and general remarks. It was basically “killing is bad, don’t do it, we can fight WT by exposing their doctrine, this is horrible news…”. Really just a placeholder until he can make the definitive video about the tragedy, even though he’s privy to the same information as everyone else.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit