It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

When he says that they 'flip[ped] to being judgmental and self-righteous,' he is simply saying that he's upset that they stopped supporting him and refused to agree that everyone lacks self-discipline. Remember, he mocked "Saintly" Brandon for expecting better of him. Anyone who thinks he should've been a better husband and father is judgmental and self-righteous. Anyone who thinks he shouldn't have been a bully and an asshole is judgmental and self-righteous. If you're not with him, you're judgmental and self-righteous.

As for doing things differently, it's like Kim said: the thing he would have done differently is to try harder to keep his supporters from learning that he was cheating on his wife with prostitutes and is generally a shitty person. It must rankle him that it's become so difficult to bully people and shut them down.

• Toblerone5
    Toblerone5
    the overwhelming majority of regular people would condemn what he did:

1995 ,British actor Hugh Grant was caught cheating on his girlfriends with a prostitute, and to this day people refer to this as a scandal. People at the time were shocked and appalled that he did that. And we are talking about NORMAL people here who were ''judgmental" about what he did not JW or Ex-JW.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

I'm going to say this one more time for those at the back (Lloyd).

I have no interest in how you handle your marriage. Whatsoever.

What I will not and cannot accept is your utterly tone-deaf inability to understand that a man who to claims to advocate for child victims of sexual abuse and female victims of domestic & sexual abuse, should find no conflict of interest in using some of the most vulnerable, trafficked or coerced young women in third world countries for their sexual gratification.

Inside or outside of marriage.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

What a coward and buffoon. Lloyd turned off comments for this post once it was clear he wasn’t getting the feedback he wanted.

He turned it off after this fan of his gave his opinion that it was a bad look to rehash this.

I believe how he’d approach this differently is by not doing the livestream, keeping mum about the details and unleashing his goons upon Kim for leaking personal information. The purpose of the livestream was in part due to the latter, but in practical terms he did the livestream because he was angry and sought to normalise his behaviour, particularly with sex workers. He believes that exJWs have a residual Puritanism and knee-jerk aversion to sexual practices which are unorthodox. Visiting sex workers was more like a fetish in his mind, such as using hand cuffs or roleplay. He really harbours a lot of distaste for the very people he claims to represent, constantly labelling as having a JW mindset to those who dare to disagree with him.

In his emails to Dijana, it was clear that he felt that seeking comfort with prostitutes was a normal and rational practice to occur within a marriage. It was like he viewed it as a minor indulgence such as as taking a few extra swigs of whiskey and passing out on the sofa. He was angry he felt forced to rationalise this to his exJW audience and he was going to set them straight and tell them everything, shaming the few (as he thought) who took issue.

His bigger plan was to probably pursue a series of videos identifying what he considered as sexual taboos originating from everyone’s JW past once this had blown over. He felt this period would be no more than 1-2 months. The Andrew Gold interview in March was his attempt to shift this narrative and felt that the secular Gold would be open to accepting his viewpoint on it. Another miscalculation as he didn’t fool Gold on it as he felt he could and it quickly paved the way for more questions which took place in two follow up videos.

As he stated, he never expected the sheer amount of people who had a problem with what he did as it is clear this is a a bit more than half of the exJW community. He also foolishly misjudged the Thailand sex trafficking angle of this and quickly tried to change the subject in the Gold interview.

People didn’t “flip” on him. As others have stated he felt he could just use his opinion to bulldoze any opposition he had as in the pre-2022 days.

• Simon
    Simon
    When he says that they 'flip[ped] to being judgmental and self-righteous,' he is simply saying that he's upset that they stopped supporting him and refused to agree that everyone lacks self-discipline. Remember, he mocked "Saintly" Brandon for expecting better of him. Anyone who thinks he should've been a better husband and father is judgmental and self-righteous.

Yes, it's like he can't even comprehend that someone wouldn't be a cheating asshole. He thinks anyone that says they don't cheat and behave like he does is some faker, claiming to be "saintly" like some unachievable goal.

The reality is that he's the odd one out, the failure. He's failed all his life at everything he's done: failed as a JW, failed as an elder, failed as a husband, failed as a father, failed as an exJW and even failed as a grifter.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

This guy needs help. Also: He’s reading this thread. Question for Lloyd: What “corrective action” has your outburst against Jake led you to? How is other people’s anger towards you and your behaviour over the past decade different from your anger that you are expressing today? Weren’t you being “the jerk” who told people to move on when people were trying to process what you did with their donation money in Thailand? How “understanding” were you when people both then and today express their disappointment in you? Please take your time in processing your answer. Don’t worry, I’ll wait.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I think Lloyd maybe fails to appreciate the general feelings of his target audience.

Ex-dubs and athiests have a moral code and ideas about right and wrong, whereas Lloyd seems to do whatever he wants.

Obviously, most men don't cheat on their wives with prostitutes.

And then there's people like Lloyd

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector
    Lloyd Evans said, "Sometimes it's all you can do to process your pain by expressing it in hope others will understand."

Lloyd Evans, the only pain you are allowing yourself to feel is the pain caused by your loss of income. You're such a buffoon that you actually thought people would support you no matter what moral choices you made. You hurt your wife and daughters because you are a selfish jerk. You made it possible for Watchtower to point and laugh at you, because they can now point to you as an example of what happens if you stop being a JW.

Lloyd Evans, it is time that you sobered up and apply whatever talents you might have to a real career. Your incessant complaining about how others have judged you over the past year just shows how weak and pathetic you really are.

1995 ,British actor Hugh Grant was caught cheating on his girlfriends with a prostitute, and to this day people refer to this as a scandal. People at the time were shocked and appalled that he did that. And we are talking about NORMAL people here who were ''judgmental" about what he did not JW or Ex-JW.

I had forgotten about Hugh Grant, but this is exactly how most people feel. What surprised me is Elizabeth Hurley and Hugh Grant stayed together until 2000. She claims they are still close friends. So Dijana hanging around Lloyd through September isn't as unusual as I expected.

• Toblerone5
    Toblerone5

Is it me, but he often do this. Have a big Hissy Fit on social media, insult everybody who dare not to agree with him, then post a cute photos of his kids to show how a Good dad he is ..Nobody is buying this no more...And STOP using your Kids as a props!

• ForeverAlone
    ForeverAlone

Kim said:

he never expected “such a significant % of ex-JWs to so easily flip to being judgmental & self-righteous.”

Slimboyfat said:

Don’t forget that he invited people to judge for themselves, and make up their own mind, during his livestream.

Lloyd at 1:36.04 in your livestream you told us "I'll let the audience adjudicate." We have adjudicated and we adjudicate that you were wrong in what you did. To me cheating on your wife and leaving your family on Christmas is not my problem with you. If it had been just that I would have stayed with you because people cheat on their spouses every day and leave their children every day. My problem with you is that you potentially committed sexual abuse with a person who most likely was sexually abused and is forced to "preform" every day of their lives to keep money rolling in for their pimps and you say that you are against that in the WT when you are potentially doing that outside WT. You say you advocate for CSA/SA abuse victims when you are most likely doing that yourself. This is my problem. Others may have a problem with the other things.

CAN YOU NOT SEE THE DIFFERENCE!!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit