It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• vienne
    vienne

There is almost no one on this web site qualified to write anything for a Biblical scholar. Least of all you.

• Simon
    Simon
    He was known to freestyle on his acoustic guitar to Kingdom songs. Don't know about a band.

It never crossed my mind that anyone would ever want to "jam" to Kingdom Songs. Anytime I've picked up a guitar or sat at a piano, it's the last choice of music on my mind.

Somewhere in his book he mentions that he brought along his guitar his mum's service and performed his version of "Life Without End At Last"

Every time I hear this I have visions of the scene from The Office (the proper, UK one), where David Brent goes home to get his guitar (and derails the training course):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEtQj9wuqhs

• usualusername1
    usualusername1

Over the years and especially in the last few months an awful lot of mud has been thrown at James Lloyd Evans. Remarkably he has admitted to virtually all of it.

But. There is something recurring in his commentary. Consenting adults this. Consenting adults that, when not at all relevant.

If the related accusations are completely false why keep on mentioning consenting?

Thoughts?

UUN

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

That's his attempt at pushing back against any implication or accusation of abuse. It also demonstrates how tone-deaf he is.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    If the related accusations are completely false why keep on mentioning consenting?
    Thoughts?

I can just about remember the days of being in dubdom but I can recall that they (the great theocrats) would tell us that the people out in “the world” are sinful, without restraint.

it seems to me that “lloyd” needs to be re-assured of that by justifying his nefarious activities with the qualifying phrase “consenting adults”.

• Vintage
    Vintage

Do we all here on the forum need to keep reminding each other that those who post here and those who read these posts are consenting adults? Not the last time I checked. (How was that, usualusername1?)

I ran a Google search for a good joke to post here, but this is what turned up in my search for a joke. Honest.

“But the man who commits adultery is an utter fool, for he destroys himself” (Proverbs 6:32, NLT).

• Diamondfrog
    Diamondfrog

I consent to myself being an adult.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

I’m presuming that for LJE the emphasis is on “consenting” rather than “adult”?

So… a Thailand “girlfriend” may be consenting but not adult.

that would be the point

• CalvinistEmily
    CalvinistEmily

I think he's just parroting phrases used in discussions of ethics and morality and thinking it'll win him the argument. For example, in discussions of gay rights you often see "consenting adults" to describe relationships that are acceptable and exclude ones that aren't.

The difference is that's a good argument when it's about ordinary gay and lesbian couples with no power imbalance between them. It's not a good argument when it's about a punter and his victim.

• KIMSILVIO
    KIMSILVIO
    Consenting adults this. Consenting adults that, when not at all relevant.

His need to stress the consenting adults gives me the impression that he doesn’t understand the sex industry at all and that simply because a sex worker is over 18, doesn’t mean they consent and doesn’t mean they weren’t trafficked or CSA victims. (Under age when they started). 🤷‍♀️

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit