It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Vintage
    Vintage

Has he begun to realize that his Pumpkin Coach has turned back into just a plain pumpkin, and that it isn’t going to become a Pumpkin Coach again?

• raymond frantz
    raymond frantz

He is now an expert in offering counsel on spousal abuse 🤣🤣🤣

• Vintage
    Vintage

That's appalling, isn't itt, Ray? He seems to delight in being turned to as a "port in the storm". This is just too insane.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Next up (for paying Patreon members only):

The best places to lay low on vacation in Thailand.

• raymond frantz
    raymond frantz

@ Vintage,he is indeed dear friend

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

When is Lloyd Evans going on vacation again? It has been 4 months since his last vacation from not working, so he must be due for a break. He probably can't afford Thailand or paying a "girlfriend sex worker" to live with him, so what would make a vacation destination from all the stress of doing nothing important?

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

If a vacation is defined to include 'not working,' then it seems to me that he takes vacations all the time.

• Yooters
    Yooters

Why do you think he’s grifting his remaining patrons? Trying to bank up for bankok.

• Vintage
    Vintage

He probably can't afford Texas cowgirls right now. Too expensive and too feisty. Also, didn't he say he has a bad back? Shame on you LE, when you have a beautiful wife at home.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Shame on you LE, when you have a beautiful wife at home.

That's not all he wanted. Even whilst he was a believing and practicing JW, he had multiple online relationships going which did not end when he got married. It appears the idea of promiscuity appealed to him, and quickly delegated her to the role of JW housewife once the honeymoon period wore off, if there ever really was one. I can totally see him on their Croatian honeymoon slipping away into the hotel lobby to check up on his msgs.

His wording in his book regarding his wife was interesting in regard to how he explained she reacted when a couple of his bombshells hit. Here's his explanation when she caught him sexting in 2009:

As you would expect, Dijana was devastated. She assumed all of this somehow reflected on her as a wife. If I was engaging in online sexual encounters with other women, then in her mind, I must have no feelings for her whatsoever. I pleaded with her that this was not the case; that I loved her and wanted to be with her, but I was fighting powerful inner urges and needed help

Here's what he said about her reaction when he revealed to her less than one year later about his doubts about the organisation in his letter dated 1 January 2010:

Though still a believer, she understood that my doubts were genuine. Her only concern was whether I might be using them as a pretext to leave her, but I was able to convince her this was not the case. I really was losing my faith, but it did not have to mean the end of our relationship.

These two passages are frankly amazing in my opinion, for the simple fact that it was HER who was worried about losing HIM. Especially when she caught him sexting someone, shouldn't it be the other way round? Shouldn't he be the one thinking she might leave? It strikes me odd that in his telling, she was worried on both occasions that Lloyd would leave her when in reality, he was the one with explaining to do. After all, it was her parent's home they were living in, and he was the one bringing apostate ideas there. But she was worried about this underemployed and unattractive man leaving her.

It could be his general dishonesty in making it seem she was so into him to leave her that worried. But from what I know of the two, her reactions as explained in his book feel like a plausible explanation of how their relationship worked. After all, after being caught in Texas, didn't he pledge to still love her, "despite all your faults"?

This is a textbook sign of emotional abuse and in particular a pattern of him attacking her sense of self-esteem to the point where she felt that she needed him more than he needed her.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit