It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

@KIMSILVIO:

Thx for the "behind the curtain" peek at how this operation was ran.

I'll say this: I feel that when Mark O'D showed up, that is when things REALLY got interesting, as-in, Mark brought a whole other level of professionalism into the mix with the legal aspect. The channel was so much more watchable. I WANTED to hear about those aspects most of all (current legal battles, etc). Mark and Barbara Anderson have a lot of my respect. I'm in the same area as him as well. (within an hour)

Whoever came up with the "Sushi" segments was on the right track as well. I couldn't stand to hear Lloyd drone on for an hour. Too boring. But a 5-minute segment, pinpointing a particular topic I was interested in, identified right in the title? Why yes, I actually liked those segments. In fact, I was probably watching Lloyd the most with those, because I could pick-n-choose what I wanted to hear about.

Note: I was never a paying member or subscriber to his channel. I was here on this forum and witnessed his shenanigans on here, and just knew someday he'd implode. I didn't know how or when, but I knew it would happen. He was a crook then, and he's a crook now. He just learned to refine how to con people better.

• Listener
    Listener

I didn't realise there were so many people working behind the scenes KimSilvio.

Didn't these helpers find it odd that he wasn't giving them any credit?

• Toblerone5
    Toblerone5
    Who ARE these people who donate to his channel?

I know. Monday he uploaded the annual meeting 2022 rebuttal , that Wally ( JW thoughts) already covered back in OCTOBER! It was the same with the summer convention . Everybody on twitter were posting video clips of it, Wally again started to do videos of the convention in June , but Mister who was on Vacation in London , at the time. just started those videos in July (july 21 was the first one), and he wants is Patrons to give $$$ for That? And by the way I'm pretty sure that it's Arthur weber who does all the transcript of all those convention videos, which is a lot of work! Like L.E. give him $ for that...I don't think so...

• TheWallyB
    TheWallyB

I have said this before but I do not understand what that man does with his time. Let's not even joke about his illegal activities, but seriously, what does he do all day. The annual meeting was on OCT 1st my first video came out on the 3rd. It's not as if he put any effort into script writing or editing. So what is he doing all day?

If what Kim is saying is true, and I have no reason to doubt that it is, he Lloyd Evans, the professional activist was getting unpaid volunteers to help with most off camera work! I Other people answer your emails. Other people set up events. Other people edit your videos. Other people go through VM's (which I answer people's calls just about everyday). What is he doing all day? What work is/was he actually doing? And he takes most of the credit for it.

I am not trying to toot my own horn or anything but from the perspective of someone who makes YT content I can tell from personal experience that it is very possible to do all of it yourself and have a job. It just takes hard work. So I have a hypothesis and you guys can laugh at me for how wrong I am.

LLoyd sees himself as having sufficient celebrity status that all of his actions are currency. If he tweets about something, he views this as a contribution to a cause. If he does a video about a VM, it's community building. A rebuttal is a donation to the entire EXJW community. Selling a 4 dollar tee shirt for 25 bucks is spreading awareness that WT is a cult. Going to an event to promote his books is not Promotion, it's giving back to his supporters. Showing you around his new studio isn't fostering a community atmosphere and making viewers feel like they are part of his life, it is taking time from his busy schedule because people demand updates and he grudgingly complies because he likes to give back. He sees sharing a picture of his children as a service not as something everyone does everyday all of the time and that helps us connect with other people on a more personal level. Every action he takes there is always a big fuss over it. EVERYTHING. vacation, going to the bar, going to the gym, playing soccer, working on a video, getting a camera, reading a book, buying a toy, suing someone, watching tv! Everything is on display all of the time because that is his currency and showing the world is paying them back for giving him real currency.

In this context some of his actions start to make sense. "apparently you all need to know what I do with my d...." No people want to know if their money is potentially funding human trafficking at worst and lying/cheating to his wife and kids at best. AT BEST!!! No one was asking for a livestream that further punishes the victims of your behavior. "Join my what's app group for 50 bucks a month." That only makes sense if you see your time as that valuable. Now this breaks down when it comes to paying for sex unless you spin it and say, he did say he only "needed" to see sex workers as often as he did because sex is owed to him. Developing a relationship with someone takes time and effort, too much in fact that it is just easier to pay for the thing he is owed.

Sorry this post was so long but I was curious what you guys thought of all that. And this is not me making allegations just speculating on a mans public behavior and laughing at him while crying for those he negatively impacts. I hate proof reading so please roast my bad grammar.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

It makes sense, he does come across as someone who is convinced of his own importance/relevance. We are all the center of our own little universe, but life regularly reminds us that we're not as important as we think, and every now-and-again we get put in our place. Some people do become quite important, and others reinforce that understanding by how they treat them.

Evans has experienced some of the celebrity worship that comes from working to build a presence, but he overestimated his influence and importance. I think that's the cause of the missteps that led him to this point, and it's also why he is having trouble recognizing how bad his situation has become. It can be tough to let go, once you've had even such a small taste of power.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    LLoyd sees himself as having sufficient celebrity status that all of his actions are currency.

That's precisely what he sees of himself. When he was here, it was all about "my time" and how him graciously posting on this forum was keeping him up late and negatively affecting the time he got to spend with his wife.

Take this thread for example:

2011 Global Survey of Jehovah's Witnesses (page 4) (jehovahs-witness.com)

For context, this was the one where he claimed he spent $400 on a surveymonkey subscription and then came back with his PayPal info for people to reimburse him. He really did think he was doing a "service" to this forum and exJWs in general by spending his time posting here because he was so intelligent:

A very mature lady who is well known to this forum said some nice things to me very recently. She said she was glad I had joined the forum because I brought "intelligence" to it, a quality that was lacking. Until now I didn't really understand what she meant, but whilst I don't consider myself the most intelligent of people, I now understand where she's coming from.

Later in the same thread he stated this forum wasn't worth his time and he would be limiting his time here. A promise he would break repeatedly as he was a fairly active poster for a couple years after that.

Every "AposDate with Lloyd Evans" was subtly marketed with the underlying theme that Lloyd was a busy man, but since people were so interested in him and his family, he was graciously extending the opportunity for people to meet him and become encouraged in life. Everyone who had a channel to promote or was trying to get into exJW activism he was doing a big favour for them by tweeting something or having them on his channel.

As Kim related, a common refrain from him was that he was so "busy". He's an extremely self-important man and a legend in his own mind. He stated the events of this year were by far the most hurtful for him, even more so than the death of his mother.

I believe he's telling the truth. It was soul crushing for him to be rejected by so many and have most of his supporters not only desert him, but openly call him out for criticism and ridicule. He had it all. He was the Godfather of exJW activism, and he could stop anything he didn't want happening and confine it to the fringes by a simple tweet. You couldn't avoid him.

He has lost all of that and the truth that he caused all of this himself by an embarrassing sex scandal is too great of a burden for him to bear. In the 5 stages of grief, he's somewhere in between denial and anger. He's denying that he's finished and will soon bounce back, and he's manifesting his anger by making threats and following through with a doomed lawsuit. He won't go through any of the other stages of grief because his ego is too huge to do so.

He eventually let his mum go and moved into the "Acceptance" stage. He won't ever let any of this go, he won't accept any of his new reality, and that's why it's substantially worse for him.

• KIMSILVIO
    KIMSILVIO
    Didn't these helpers find it odd that he wasn't giving them any credit?

Not at all, some of them didn’t want to be identified due to family still being JW, and some thought they were part of genuine activism work and didn’t want individual praise for their efforts 👍

• KIMSILVIO
    KIMSILVIO
    I'm pretty sure that it's Arthur weber who does all the transcript of all those convention videos, which is a lot of work!

Arthur has sources some of the transcripts from other people and done were leaked from WT, but members of his team did all the transcription for last years convention. I know this as a fact 👍

• KIMSILVIO
    KIMSILVIO
    And this is not me making allegations just speculating on a mans public behavior and laughing at him while crying for those he negatively impacts.

Your observations are bang on point in my opinion x

• Toblerone5
    Toblerone5

First ,Wally I Love your post ! Now , after reading Kim post , Love it to Kim

Arthur has sources some of the transcripts from other people and done were leaked from WT, but members of his team did all the transcription for last years convention.

That's mean that when he tweeted this , He was taking credit for all this transcripts , what a Baboon ass with a rash!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit