It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

He did say his videos would always be free and technically speaking, they are. But it is hugely implied that if you enjoy his videos, you should support the work.

Hmmm sounds like the literature arrangement made many years ago when a certain religious organisation was put on notice they would be taxed if they sold literature. My dad was a "ghost-donator", going to the box and folding the low denomination bills so they couldn't be identified.

What I see is a "Band-Aid" style fix for a much bigger problem. You mean to tell me Live-Aid did not solve poverty and famine in Africa!?! Bob Geldof actually got Phil Collins to fly on the Concorde from London to Philadelphia so he could play with the reformed Led Zeppelin after his set in London ended. He didn't know the parts and was ill-suited to fill-in for a drummer like John Bonham.

Lloyd is a poor man's Geldof, a total cunt with these grand ideas that failed to address the root problem. He'd meet all these Third World leaders and then spend the night in the local Hilton. Lloyd still can't bring himself to apologise, and it's too late for that anyway. So, he's adding these silly perks like a GB member emoji as if we're all kids who need our toys. He doesn't want to re-tool his content and vision, so you're going to see a lot more of these dimestore gimmicks as his Patrons drip away.

• DerekMoors
    DerekMoors

I think another part of the problem is that he's trying to figure out what he can offer to entice people to pay him money. As we've covered, he's out of the loop with leaks from Bethel, he doesn't have O'Donnell feeding him info on legal cases, he can't get interviews with people he thinks are heavy hitters... so what's left? Exclusive time with him and exclusive videos, that's all.

Gawd, can you imagine actually showing off that you paid money for a "loyalty badge" to stupid Lloyd Evans?

• Toblerone5
    Toblerone5

He just posted this on his patrons page ,6 hrs ago...Can you spot the error?

• lloydevansparody
    lloydevansparody
    Can you spot the error?

😂 December is not his best month

• Toblerone5
    Toblerone5
    😂 December is not his best month

2022 was not his best year neither...And 2023 doesn't look good either...

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    I think his biggest obstacle is himself. He can recover from this, but it would require for him to stop being so aggressive and even hostile towards anyone who offers advice or criticism, as well as learning to cope with people who oppose him. He would also need to be more cooperative with others and even be willing to help others without any direct or immediate gain to himself.

It's incredible, TOH, that in reading this without knowing who this person is, if you had to visualise your perfectly well trained male Jehovah's Witness primed to become an elder you couldn't find a better descriptor than this.

I know, I know, it's considered the lowest hanging fruit to ever hurl the "you're still in the mindset of a JW" at anyone. Our version of Godwin's law by whose standards the thread has come to an end and we've lost the "argument". But in this case the comparison is just so obvious it smacks you right in the face.

It's probably why so many of us always found Lloyds behaviour so triggering.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

When the guy is openly calling for people to send him $50 a month to join his exclusive “governing hotty”, mirroring the group he claims to oppose, comparisons are probably warranted in this case.

• DerekMoors
    DerekMoors
    I know, I know, it's considered the lowest hanging fruit to ever hurl the "you're still in the mindset of a JW" at anyone. Our version of Godwin's law by whose standards the thread has come to an end and we've lost the "argument". But in this case the comparison is just so obvious it smacks you right in the face.

I think we can make an exception to Godwin's law here because he learned this behavior, or it was reinforced, somewhere. Home, with his mommy and daddy? Probably. But at the KH? Definitely.

Besides, look how much it mirrors JW elder/pioneer behavior. WT literature has come right out and blamed wives for their husband's adultery by claiming they might be "withholding" the "marital due." So, if you feel sorry enough for yourself about what's going on at home, you're entitled to go boink another woman and it's the wife's fault for failing you.

Pioneers always had their hands out for money. I remember one guy, lived at home literally in the parent's basement while pioneering, was on his way to being made elder from his teen years, and barely worked. We'd go out for fast food after a Sunday meeting, he'd order and then when the cashier told him the amount, he'd step back and say "Oh I don't have that" with an expectant look on his face. Sure enough, some pleeb would step in and pay for him. More than one pioneer expected other congregation members to fix their cars for free or pay for their repair, they never drove in service because they couldn't afford the gas, and one couple I know eventually got into trouble for keeping any donations that householders gave them at the door.

It didn't stop with finances... one couple I know, the husband worked evenings so he was home during the day but asleep. She pioneered but homeschooled, which meant she left her preteen daughter at home to do her schoolwork herself. Literally, the kid wasn't technically alone in the house but alone with her schooling from age 5 or 6 onward. Mom would be dead before she gave up her special pioneering status and she certainly wasn't going to let a child at home get in the way of it.

And elders expected to have their time on the platform with the enraptured crowd hanging on to their every word. Every decision should be run by them because they're somehow smarter or wiser than the average R&F. You felt so privileged to have an elder over for dinner and god help you when the CO showed up. They stayed at your house, you cooked and cleaned for them, and then slid them some money for the privilege of doing it.

Every one of these applies to him. The arrogant ass hat elder who knows better and whom you don't dare criticize, the pioneer and traveling CO who's entitled to your financial support, and the sick pervert who gets to step out on his wife because she's somehow failing him. He's the JW hat trick.

• Yooters
    Yooters

I want the Tibor is Gracious pay level and his emoji, thank you, but no!

• Vintage
    Vintage

For our next project, which one of us will pay the $50 Patreon fee to attend, as a Trojan Horse, Lloyd's next elite meeting? Whoever does this can come back here and provide the rest of us with many pages of hysterically funny "comic relief".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit