It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• ForeverAlone
    ForeverAlone
    He can recover from this

I totally agree with you TonusOH I do believe that he can recover from this if he can change himself. The recovery will not take days or months it will take years to prove to all of us that he can change and can keep the change going that is the only thing that will prove to us or anyone that he is willing to change.

I myself have been changing for the better for 23 years. I have made, and am still making positive changes in my life. I have given up 2 of the worst habits I ever had, crack cocaine (December 13 will have 23 years clean) and smoking cigarettes (almost 6 month without) I have shown I can get along well without crack cocaine but I have not shown I can get along without cigarettes yet. I will not feel I can until I go at least a year or 2 without. I have been going to therapy for 23 years also. I have made many changes to myself that noone knows. Changes in my thinking is the best feeling I can have for myself. I know Lloyd can change because I have changed some absolutely horrible things, thoughts, and feelings about myself. I am older than Lloyd also. I am 50 he is in him 40's. Before I found out about Lloyd I was a LOYAL fan of his. There are many times that I wish that I would not have found out about him and could go on with him. When I found out about him I was devastated completely. I had a knew-jerk reation to become a patreon of his becase this was so bad. At the last second before I pushed that patrean button to submit my payment I hesitated and thought about what I was doing was wrong. It was months of an "on the fence" attitude about this situation when I came to my senses because of reading both positive and negative stuff about him that I made my choice. I chose what I thought was right not because of what I heard from just you guys. I heard much of it out of Lloyds own mouth.

Lloyd you can change. Show us you can please!

For crying out loud don’t give him ideas. Have you never heard - don’t interrupt your enemy while he is making a mistake.

@slimboyfat I am the one who gave you a thumbs down on page 682. I do not desire anyone to be destroyed! If us giving him the idea to change works thats the best thing that can happen. He has made mistakes and he is paying for them mistakes now. I made mistakes and I have been paying for them for 23 years. If it takes him that long so be it. but people do and can change. I dont want to go on hating anyone, people make mistakes if they can show that they are willing to change, what gives us the right to go on hating and wishing ill for them?

Im on page 682 guys I may have more to say when I have caught up.

all I havve wrote is straight from the heart guys I am not going to edit this for typos because I will probebly want to edit for content as well amd i think what is saidd from the heart is better said straight out.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    He was taking credit for all this transcripts

To be fair, the tweet you posted was from September 2022. Kim was speaking about last year's (2021) convention when she still worked for him and had firsthand knowledge. She wouldn't be able to tell you who transcribed this year's convention.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Lloyd you can change. Show us you can please!

I don't think there is any evidence that points to this happening.

Gets caught in Texas - Blames Dijana for sexual incompatibilities

Gets caught in Thailand - Blames Kim for blowing the whistle

Does the livestream - Blames exJWs for "forcing" him into telling everyone what he does with his "dick"

Goes on Andrew Gold and backfires when he interviews Kim - All the fault of exJWs who were in the chat asking him to interview Kim

Patrons in freefall - Sends out threat letters to 12 exJWs, eventually "criminally" suing 7 of them for doing nothing more than reporting on what was going on, what he said, and giving their opinion on it.

Getting interviews cancelled, refused or deleted (CultstoCon) - Blames JWN and "anonymous accounts" for this thread going on for so long

Lawsuit is failing in Croatian court - Promises to spend the rest of his life "to his dying breath" chasing Kim and others down, even travelling to Australia to file with the court.

Notice any pattern? The only thing he ever blames himself for is cheating on his wife, but this is only after humiliating her and saying she was sexually incompatible with him. He has and will not take any responsibility for the mess he finds himself in.

People who can change do not promise to chase others round the world for the rest of both theirs and his adult life with bs legal cases. Put yourself in Kim's shoes. You are named in a "criminal" court case, he's always gloating about how he's going to get his revenge on you in the courts and in the court of public opinion, and now he's promising to go all the way into the year 2062 to exact vengeance upon you.

Let's ask Kim, she knew him personally and professionally - Do you think Lloyd can change?

Any change he is capable of would first need to be a complete repudiation of his legal threats and lawsuits. He filed last on 14 November 2022. Not looking good.

It's been almost a year now. He's not changing.

• ForeverAlone
    ForeverAlone
    Didn't he say sometime back that his videos would always be free?

Yes, I do remember him saying that somewhere although I can't tell you when or where he said that.

He prides himself on helping those who are first coming out of the WTS to break away, well he can't say that now because his video is going to be pay-per-view. There is no way in hell that a doubting JW is going to pay for an apostate video channel! His helping those break free has just come to an end!

• lloydevansparody
    lloydevansparody
    I do not desire anyone to be destroyed! If us giving him the idea to change works thats the best thing that can happen. He has made mistakes and he is paying for them mistakes now.

Your sense of humanity honours you but on this occasion your judgement is failing you. You are thinking like a normal person would and this is ok but there are people that cannot change. Narcissists cannot change. It's the science that says this and Mr Evans' behaviour after he was found out shows that science is right. No one wants "him destroyed". He is doing a pretty good job himself on that but not everyone can be reformed.

• ForeverAlone
    ForeverAlone
    What I see is a "Band-Aid" style fix for a much bigger problem.

I think the biggest problem right now for him is his way of making money. He can no longer sustain his existence of making money from the internet. He needs to get a "real job" out in the real world. Or go back to college and get a degree for a "real job". I know the first thing that he needs to do right now though is take lessons and learn how to speak Croatian fluently if he hopes to stay in Croatia for a "real job".

I think his biggest obstacle is himself. He can recover from this, but it would require for him to stop being so aggressive and even hostile towards anyone who offers advice or criticism, as well as learning to cope with people who oppose him. He would also need to be more cooperative with others and even be willing to help others without any direct or immediate gain to himself.

I would rather deal with someone that is nice rather than aggressive and hostile. Having good coping mechanisms is required anywhere in society today. If people didn't have good coping mechanisms people would be offing themselves left and right. Being cooperative is also required in getting around in the world. Helping others in the best feeling you can have when you don't expect anything in return. The comparison of a

perfectly well trained male Jehovah's Witness primed to become an elder you couldn't find a better descriptor than this.

is also a descriptor of a well-liked employee as well. I think people who throw out this comparison are wanting to put people off because they know the comparison will agitate and trigger someone and they fail to realize this is the description of a good employee.

• Vintage
    Vintage

The internet is now ablaze with videos and articles explaining "narcissism". We realize that, as human-beings, we cannot read other peoples' hearts. Some narcissists, who now seem incorrigible, may actually someday change from being narcissists to being decent human beings. But this may take them a thousand years. For now, within our current life-expectancy, we just can't afford to "wait around", PINNING OUR HOPES on them making this change-for-the-better sooner rather than later. For now, we must recognize a narcissist whenever we encounter one, and take the necessary precautions to avoid being harmed by him.

Here's a short quote from a good article:
    https://psychcentral.com/blog/psychology-self/2020/05/narcissists-generosity#1
    "6. Professional Power over Others
    Narcissists seek positions where they have power over people in need. Thats why you can find many of them in fields like teaching, self-help, religion, politics, law, mental health, medical care, and so on. They prey on people who are in need. They abuse and perpetuate systemic and institutional issues to do that, too.

By being in a position of authority, legitimately or not, they can be perceived as moral, noble, caring, giving, competent and feel better than others. But it doesnt matter to them that they hurt other people, because, after all, others are just objects to serve their needs."

• ForeverAlone
    ForeverAlone
    Mark was a very very small part of Lloyd success, in all honesty, Producer Bob carried the lions share of the work load.

We are all going by what we saw on his videos. I didnt even think of all the stuff that had to have gone on behind the scenes and all the people it would have taken to get things done. I failed to realize this.

I want to personally thank Kim, Mark, Producer Bob and all the other for their contributions (without expecting anything in return).

• ForeverAlone
    ForeverAlone
    Your sense of humanity honours you but on this occasion your judgement is failing you. You are thinking like a normal person would and this is ok but there are people that cannot change. Narcissists cannot change. It's the science that says this and Mr Evans' behaviour after he was found out shows that science is right. No one wants "him destroyed". He is doing a pretty good job himself on that but not everyone can be reformed.

I don't know why but when I read your post, I just burst out crying.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Whether he changes his life for the better or not is his own affair. We can wish him well if we are so inclined. But there is no need for him to continue making ex-JW videos. There are others who can do it without the baggage and without the kind of damage he has done to others. He is not only surplus to requirement, but he is likely to cause harm if he insists on being involved with the next inquiry or commission because of his background. He can seek to change his life while doing something else. If he had any regard for others he would step aside instead of doing further damage. All those times he threatened ‘walking away from his activism’ ring pretty hollow now that he is clinging onto it for dear life, out of pure ego and self interest, and to hell with others if it harms them in the process.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit