It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Vintage
    Vintage

In Lloyd's comments and body language after the BBC interview, he seems to be on a high, as though he thought that his interview had been a huge success. The lady who did the interview had looked frustrated and stymied. She'd asked questions to find out why Evans had been disfellowshipped, but he gave cookie-cutter, generalized answers. She probably was thinking, "I might as well have stayed at the beauty shop and gotten a pedicure, too. Now, to figure out how to rebuild my ratings."

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I tried to watch it but the cringe is too strong

• pr0ner
    pr0ner

I remember when this happened and I'm sure I fed into his delusion just because I was happy anyone was in the news that brought up bad jw policies. I remember a lot of exjws being happy about that even if they didn't agree about Russia. So it would make sense that he would convince himself of how awesome he thought it was.

Funny watching it back now. He looks like he has no energy and is uninterested. The angle he chose was not flattering at all. He gave nothing for the reporter to work with. He kept trying to focus it on disfellowshipping. Their energy was total opposites. Also, it seems the interview was less about his viewpoint and more about him defending an organization he despises.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH
    LMsA: Oh boy did he fail miserably in this regard:

It's possible that he is being the best dad and husband he can be. It's just that his potential is limited to being really bad at both. Some people just really suck at things that almost everyone else manages to do a decent job of.

I mean, it's either that, or he's a filthy, lying douchebag. Okay, that might be a false dichotomy. He might simply be a miserable failure, as you said. Any other options? It's not looking good for the "best dad/husband" candidate of 2019!

• pr0ner
    pr0ner

@Diogenesister That's interesting about his Dad so I guess I was wrong. Is it maybe that now his Dad makes money? There was the media company he owned that Lloyd also had some dealing with that reported 1.5 million in assets and earnings.

• DerekMoors
    DerekMoors

In that YT page, people are leaving comments patting him on the back and saying that the reporter looks so shocked at what he's telling her.

No, she shocked that she can't get a word in edgewise and that Lloyd doesn't answer her, and he's rambling on about rubbish. He's so far removed from a "conversation," just stuck in his own head.

It really betrays his narcissism, that he doesn't listen or even interact with the other person. It's about him, all the stuff in his mind that he thinks is so important, and that he must get out at all costs.

I know it's too cheap to keep comparing him to the WT but he reminds me of JWs when they're talking to people. They desperately need to share all their great knowledge about Jehovah and hellfire and paradise and why they think the trinity is wrong and yada yada yada. No one gets a word in edgewise with them, or this guy either.

No doubt another reason why his great career as an anti-cult "johnny on the spot" commentator never really took off. Who would call him up after seeing that self-absorbed, rambling nonsense?

• Thisismein1972
    Thisismein1972

My god. That interview was all about Lloyd Evans and had nothing to do with those pesky Russians! ME ME ME ME! No wonder the interview was more than likely cut short.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    That's interesting about his Dad so I guess I was wrong. Is it maybe that now his Dad makes money? There was the media company he owned that Lloyd also had some dealing with that reported 1.5 million in assets and earnings.

Agree, Pr0ner, that's very strange . Something fishy going on there. Either his Dad is up to some shenanigans, has sold his home or, more likely given Lloyds propensity to stick "Media" at the end of any of his ventures, he has more connections with his Dad than he lets on. Perhaps he was exaggerating his income in order to obtain a loan to fund some project. Perhaps the TTATT documentary?

I noticed the company he set up to profit from Ray Franz's book illegally was called "Toon Media"🙄. Yes it's delusions of Grandeur - but it also goes to show he had every intention of turning it into a money making scam. Going so far as to register "Toon Media" in 2013 to give customers that air of authenticity.

Reminds me of Dell Boy Trotter of Only Fools and Horses ..."Trotter's Evan's Independent Traders PLC"😁

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    The famous Croatian's begars mum was previously married and she came into possession of a large house in an affluent part of Wilmslow, his dad just took advantage of a jw woman that came with a free big house when he married her, no mortgage to pay like the rest of us.

This is confirmed in Lloyd's book. His dad came from Birkenhead, cross the river from Liverpool in what seems to be a lower middle class background. HIs dad's mum was a convert, so his dad has lived his entire life as a JW.

His mum was a convert herself. She was married twice before marrying his dad. The first marriage was to a man who concealed the fact he was gay. After that divorce, her first legitimate marriage was to a man named Robin whom she seemed to love. Robin already had a home in Wilmslow, a much better-off suburb than the one she grew up in in Eccles. Before she married Robin, she was already in contact with JWs as a study. Robin died in a house fire in 1974 when he fell asleep with a lit cigarette. His mum became a JW in 1975 when JWs consoled her in her grief.

His Mum married his dad in 1978 and he was born in 1979. He relates that he spent the first 4 years of his life in the same tall Victorian semi that his mum lived in with Robin. He doesn't specify if it had been rebuilt or repaired after the fire so one must assume it was since they continued to live there. Later at an unspecified date they moved to a smaller detached home from the centre of town. Evidently this is where his dad still lives.

So, it's actually the sale of his mum's second husband's tall Victorian home that bought their new home. This is interesting, since he did the same as his dad did in moving into his wife's family home.

• DerekMoors
    DerekMoors

He's too typical of many JW men I knew when I was in and absolutely despised. I always had this idea that you work and stand on your own two feet and even have something left over to support those in need... wife always felt the same, she's always worked and had her own apartment when we met and married.

Now, imagine the two of us surrounded by unemployed and unemployable slugs who worked as little as possible, thinking they didn't need to because the new system was going to save them or they were owed a living because they were pioneers.

What's worse is when they drag their kids into it... full sympathy to anyone working hard but struggles just because it's a tough economy but of course that's not what we're talking about with JWs or this neck beard.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit