It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Simon
    Simon
    if this was A Governing Body member caught in Thailand buying hookers, would Lloydy Boy respect Ant Mo?

Exactly, it's hypocritical because if you set yourself up an an activist exposing other people's bad behavior and lies, then you'd better not have any major skeletons in your own cupboard.

And these are not "I once got a parking ticket or stole a sweet from Woolworths pick-n-mix" kind of things, these are serious moral failings, possibly crimes. He's been a complete and utter shit to his wife and not once did he apologize or express any genuine regret in that video - it was all justification and anger for being caught.

On the one hand, he wants to claim that whoever exposed his behavior has committed the biggest crime since JFK was shot, and then on the other he tries to make out that there is nothing at all wrong with what he's been doing - but you can't have it both ways. He's completely amoral - I don't think he really has a clue of right or wrong, whatever he wants to do is "right" for him, and he'll use anything to excuse it. The "I was brought up a JW" is beyond lame as justification. All he's sorry for is that his wife found out and it's been exposed.

Throw in that he wants people to donate to fund all this behavior, claiming the donations are to enable his "activism" against the WTS, but he sees nothing wrong with then spending that money on hookers instead - it's just dishonest. If he didn't need the money for activism, why ask for it? He's taken that money under false pretences.

He even has the cheek to evoke the notion that people should donate because he's "a husband and a father and the work is a major distraction". Presumably, suggesting that he's missing time with them for his work, not going abroad to screw young women.

So yes, criticism of how he's treated his wife and kids is valid, because he's fund-raising off the back of them.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

He’ll be wearing a dress in his next video, telling the world how his sexuality was repressed and giving him cover for his repeated abuse of his marriage. Somehow he’ll normalise prostitution as the only way he could discover his own sexuality.

Oh, and if you criticise him in any way you are being a bigot.

This is how this guy operates.

• Biahi
    Biahi

Poor Dijana, I wish John Redwood would weigh in on this.

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

"Do not tell a friend anything you would conceal from an enemy."--Arabian Proverb

Unfortunately Lloyd has given the Watchtower something to brag about. Sadly he has betrayed his family and the Ex-JW movement.

Hopefully he will see a mental health professional and get the help he needs.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Boy, this thread really took off.

I wasn't involved with the original shenanigans from cedars. The whole thing has that mid-afternoon soap feel to it.

...not going abroad to screw young women.

How do we know they were young?

But it is true - for the JWs following him, it only confirms that they should definitely stay clear of those horrible DFed people.

• Davros
    Davros
    How do we know they were young?

Because nobody goes abroad to screw old hags.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard
    Because nobody goes abroad to screw old hags.

Have you seen TLC lately? Some people have crazy freak flags. How do we know he went to screw women?

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

@ Mickey mouse'

''Ray Franz he ain't''

That's God's honest truth!!

• vienne
    vienne

Very upsetting. But haven't these rumors been around for a while? Didn't he confess to some things in his [poorly written, mind-numbingly boring] book? Why anyone expected his behavior to change is a puzzle to me. And I do not understand why anyone supports him financially.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@vienne:

That would be the icing on the cake - a full confession (Thailand, leather chaps, elephants, circus music, and elderly transgender gay Jewish black dudes) at the end of his book, in the last few paragraphs. Nobody ever made it that far, so he was safe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit