It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Toblerone5
    Toblerone5

I went down the rabbit hole . so Paypal was made in 2020,during the lockdow ,way to go when most people on the planet was loosing there JOBS ,he was making $ with youtube and is Patrons he had to add PAYPAL on top of this? and Bitcoin later? WTF ...F is for Fudge

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

JLE Publishing is no longer located at his dad’s home in Wilmslow. They have changed addresses two times.

Wilmslow - Sandbach in 2019

Sandbach - Twemlow in 2020

It was incorporated as JLE Services in 2009, shortly before fleeing to Croatia. It was changed from “Services” to “Publishing” in 2021, briefly to “Books” and then back to “Publishing” all in 2021.

JLE Publishing is his business entity in the UK. Ipsilon Media is his business entity in Croatia. Probably for tax reasons as he is still required to report every year as a UK citizen.

There are two directors - Lloyd and Dijana.

Dijana was created as a Director in 2020.

Lloyd though is listed as having 75% to 100% ownership.

This looks like something created for tax purposes. They had total assets of £19.87K, but liabilities of £19.3K for a net asset of £569. He probably wrote off marketing costs for the books, travel, book tour costs in order to only have to claim £569 in total income in the UK.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

If I understand the terms correctly, the numbers under Debt Ratio would corroborate his claim that his company is in very rough shape, going from -85% one year to 97% the next.

(Edit to add: the totals do indicate that it's a fairly small company, though.)

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

If that’s PayPal income alone then that was on top of Patreon, Ad revenue, book sales, merchandise, direct payments and gifts.

I notice that he had no bounce whatever from his recent drive for new patrons. It looks like this month will see his biggest drop in patrons for a while. No wonder, after the threatening rant he put out against Kim. Who could read that as anything other than deranged? I’m surprised he’s got any patrons left!

• JeffT
    JeffT

Putting on my accounting hat.

Assets and Liabilities are not the same thing as Income and Expense. You need an income statement to determine those numbers. The numbers we have indicate a VERY small business. The only thing I can think of that makes sense is that he bought about 20,000 pounds of video equipment and borrowed about 20k to pay for it.

Changing your business name like that looks odd. Usually you want to do business under one name so people see easily that you've been around for a while.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    If I understand the terms correctly, the numbers under Debt Ratio would corroborate his claim that his company is in very rough shape

This is the publishing company and the figures are for 2021. So this is book sales only, for which £19K for one year is a good haul if he did indeed sell that many books. This year’s figures are bound to take a hit with all the controversy. Probably why he’s eager to release two more books.

He was claiming losses of nearly the same amount. He probably claimed the losses were from marketing and the trips he took. As we know hookers don’t provide receipts but there are other ways to write that into his “losses”. Look at it as a tax writeoff. That way he can report to the British govt that he only made £569 last year.

The company he keeps for his Patreon donations, YouTube and Google ad revenue is the Croatian entity Ipsilon Media. Kim posted those figures before and it was well over six figures in USD. Add in the book revenue and you can understand why he’s so irritated at his income this year.

• Toblerone5
  • KIMSILVIO
    KIMSILVIO

Simon I couldn’t agree more! We all need to turn our logical brains on a bit more and look at anything said from a wide lens, not the lens of lloyd being the centre of the universe. I have a few videos on the production line and one of them looks back in the John cedar archives - a video that caused a HUGE blowup in the exjw community resulting in other YouTubers leaving the community or being labeled as “craZy”. This video won’t be about criticism of Lloyd, rather it will be a video titled Goodbye John Cedars - the community needs to learn from the mistakes we have made in the past. I put myself first on the list of people who have made mistakes in believing everything lloyd said and blindly taking his viewpoint without thinking for myself.

• ForeverAlone
    ForeverAlone
    This video won’t be about criticism of Lloyd, rather it will be a video titled Goodbye John Cedars

Kim I always look forward to your videos. Please make sure that there is criticism or parody in the video, so it falls under the "fair use" of copyright. You can be sure that Lloyd will try to get YouTube to take it down for copyright.

• KIMSILVIO
    KIMSILVIO
    Kim I always look forward to your videos. Please make sure that there is criticism or parody in the video,

I don’t care if I get a copyright claim, my channel isn’t monetised, however I take your point and certainly wouldn’t give him the satisfaction ☺️

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit