It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Curious Mind
    Curious Mind

No skin in this game either way but you have convicted him, sentenced him and had him offed in jail all in a couple of weeks. Impressive.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I’ve read the messages now. The language looks a bit polished to me. There aren’t spelling mistakes, or text speak contractions you might expect from a young person, or chat room type exchanges. Both people seem to have a similar writing style, whereas you might expect more pronounced differences.

Is there no information at all on how these screen shots were obtained, who stored them, released them and so on?

On the other hand, I just can’t imagine who would go to the trouble of making this up. The story has been pretty consistent. At first I thought it was wild made up nonsense. I first heard these rumours years ago and the essential story has remained the same the whole time. That’s a level of consistency and patience that would be incredibly difficult to fake.

I hope the police can get to the bottom of it. Trying to work it out is beyond most of us here, unless there are any actual detectives. There are forensic linguists who work with the police to solve cases like this. It’s a very interesting subject and there are all sorts of ingenious techniques they can use to work out identities and the veracity of sources. I read this book “Word Crime” by John Olsson on the topic a few years ago. I wish he was on the case because he’s good, but, unless he was contracted by the police, I don’t think he goes around working on cases otherwise.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wordcrime-Solving-Through-Forensic-Linguistics/dp/1441193529/

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

you have convicted him, sentenced him and had him offed in jail all in a couple of weeks - nope, we haven't done that at all.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

To me it all seems very convenient, and dumb. Your initials and year of birth in your email address that you are using for illegal sexual activities, using your real name, giving your birth date, giving locations, stating her age, the lack of text speak and smilies. the seemingly total honesty with her which goes against everything we know about the man. I think its a carefully crafted character assassination based on his book and hearsay.

The email address used was discontinued sometime in the past 20 days, apparently the Marko account has gone dead very recently too. Can you spell RED FLAG?

Or else he just was this desperate, dumb, clumsy and honest at the time. I guess the police will try and figure that out, we likely wont know anything for a very long time.

Either way someone is getting some real legal attention and difficulties coming their way.

• silentlamb_silent_no_more
    silentlamb_silent_no_more
    I hope the police can get to the bottom of it. Trying to work it out is beyond most of us here, unless there are any actual detectives. There are forensic linguists who work with the police to solve cases like this. It’s a very interesting subject and there are all sorts of ingenious techniques they can use to work out identities and the veracity of sources.

So do I. I hope they do extensive police work on this, exhaust all resources to find the truth. You do know that there are hunters out there who hunt and expose these crimes? Team Shades, S.T.S. Newcastle Hunters, STOP Stings, Predator Awareness and many, many, many more groups out there who use decoys. These decoys pretend to be young girls and boys and bait and wait. When someone starts chatting to them, they immediately say, they're, 12, 13, 14 or whatever and see what the person contacting them will do. The chat logs are similar to what we have all seen in this instance with Lloyd. These chat logs and the predator are handed over to the police. They do end up in a UK court, in a UK jail, even if they have not touched a child - the intent was there to do so. In England you can make a citizens arrest but you can't in Scotland. On the basis of this filthy chat you can end up in prison in the UK.

I personally love watching them get huckled because it is rather cathartic seeing the boys in blue take them to where they belong - jail.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

SBF Yes I have real reservations. The last sentence from the girl - "it's best for you to leave. This will not end well for us" for example.

I just think that's not the sort of thing a 14 year old girl would say.... particularly back then. There are some terms that have gained popularity on social media, that were used in the past, but not with such regularity. That one "not end well for" is definitely such a phrase and particularly so for a kid. I agree the phraseology used for "LE" seems very much in character. But if someone were to make it up, the problem they would have would be recreating the "voice" of a 14 year old girl of a given era.

Also, where did this person obtain these messages? Presumably LE would have deleted them so only the girl would have them (and why would she give them to anyone, not being a JW).

Of course if LE confessed to the elders they may have recorded some of it. But given that his father and best friends ran the Cong and supposedly covered it up, why would they allow anyone else access? Particularly a cousin by marriage of his wife in another country?

Curious mind you have convicted him, sentenced him and had him offed in jail all in a couple of weeks. Impressive.
    With regard to these text messages yes, I agree. They could be complete fakes.

With regard to his other self confessed, observable behaviour, hypocrisy around representation of women & girls rape & CSA. GAS-lighting Kim and weaponising his followers against her, absolutely

guilty 100%.

• Typo
    Typo

Both sides of arguments seem logic. But why he isn't recording a video mocking the emails,pointing suspicious parts of it as he does it with watchtower articles...?

• Reservations
    Reservations

https://m.fanfiction.net/s/11986580/1/Everything-happens-for-a-Reason

Maybe Lloyd likes writing a bit of fan fiction?

If this gets deleted, it’s definitely lloyd

• Davros
    Davros

I can't help but wonder if certain ones in the ex JW community will use the same scrutiny they are giving to Lord Voldemort to defend any active witness who proclaims to be innocent of disgusting accusations like this?

Will they now demand proof and scrutnize all so called evidence like they are now on all future accusations?

• Simon
    Simon
    Why would watchtower keep this information for themselves. I can think of a 100 ways how they could use this information against him without harm for them. It's just doesn't make sense,that they have a proof of him being a predator and let him talk about the watchtower,uncovering the dirty secrets of this cult....

Look at the bigger picture, at keeping control. If they publicly executed him for stepping out of line, why would anyone else subsequently trust them and agree to stay in line? They would lose some of their power over millions.

Letting some minion go is a smaller loss for them. Remember, the truth is he is nothing to them. What do they care if he leaves?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit