It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    Wake me up when evidence that he had sex with minors is handed to the police, which is what should have been done in the first place. I don't follow him and don't give him money. Destroying this so-called community to take a person down is Pharisaical, no one looks good. If he has committed crimes, report him to the ruddy police. I don't give a flying famingo about his private life.

Completely missed the point...he advocated the protection of sex abuse survivors in the cult and behind everyone's back, his wife and supporters, was feeding sex tourism, sex workers where women and potentially children are exploited.

He has destroyed all credibility he had when facing up to the WT or helping other organisations fight sex abuse and support the victims.

The fact you can't see that along with the blind Lloyd supporters makes me more sick that what Lloyd actually did.

• alecholmesthedetective
    alecholmesthedetective
    Completely missed the point...he advocated the protection of sex abuse survivors in the cult and behind everyone's back, his wife and supporters, was feeding sex tourism, sex workers where women and potentially children are exploited.

There, this BS again. Where is the evidence he effed children? Send it to the police. But if you haven't got any then you're just an elder at the JC trying to disfellowship him because you don't like him. If anyone actually cared about these children he has alleged f****** they would have reported him to whatever authority that has jurisdiction over a possible paedophile who is still at large, according to you. The fact that not only that hasn't happened but the witch hunt, mob mentality, cancel culture, and JW-like shunning behaviour continues simply speaks to the fact that this is about destroying a person that many in the "community" do not like and resent, regardless if they have to pretend that the wife and children involved in this situation do not exist and are not ɡoinɡ to suffer more by being exposed to the whole world. This is not about saving trafficked Thai children, it's about taking down the accused, without evidence of his alleged paedophilia if needs be—anything for the cause, after all, we were all indocrinated into theocratic warfare, weren't we? The Watchtower taught us well.

• Justaguy
    Justaguy

Uh… quote me where I indicated this was about child abuse? I have been quite plain that llyod is douche and I'm dancing on his figurative grave.

And i find your memes on logic hilarious. Logically hilarious.

• Simon
    Simon

I love how some are always so quick and so keen to evoke "JW-isms", pretending that someone being critical of something equates to "shunning" (oh noes, the humanity!)

It really diminishes the hurt that real shunning causes, and that people have to live through. But sure, you do you and think that a downvote or comment about a video is "the same".

Just because some of us prefer to condemn rather than applaud his sickening misogyny and narcissism doesn't make us the bad guys, a mob, or a witch hunt.

He's never shied away from being vocal and critical of anyone who doesn't agree with him or given him what he wants. What goes around comes around - treat others how you expect to be treated.

But don't come here trying to make out that people commenting on this are "the bad guys" and that he's any kind of victim whatsoever. That just doesn't fly.

• Simon
    Simon

A question I like to ask JWs, because I think it helps to highlight their blinkered thinking is "what would the WTS have to do for you to stop supporting and believing them?"

Maybe the Lloyd-must-be-excused-whatever crowd can answer - what would he have to do for you to stop supporting and defending him? Where exactly is your line, because it's easy for lines to move without you realizing it and you end up way over someplace extreme. Is it literally "as long as he's not been arrested as a pedo, he get's my support"? because I have to tell you - that isn't a great look, and it doesn't convince me you've put much thought into your position or have any real morals worth talking about.

Blind loyalty is never commendable, it is what most of us left. But if your sole judgement on whether you think someone has done wrong or not is "they are in my camp" then you really haven't learned anything from leaving the WTS. Back then, you thought all the JWs were like you because they too were "in your camp". Sure, we all love and hate the same things - it doesn't make people good or bad, it just makes us a member of the same group.

Learn to think for yourself. Stop being a follower, especially a blind one. If the criterial for supporting someone or something is "they are critical of the same group or people that I don't like!" then you are perfect fodder for radicalization. That can come in many forms, it can go all the way to the extreme of physical violence, but it can also be just the failure to condemn things, or excusing things that happen, within your own group only because they are within your own group. Are you so addicted to needing to hear things critical of the WTS and JWs? Do you instantly attack anyone who points out anything positive about them? If so, you may just be in a cult, and need help.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    There, this BS again. Where is the evidence he effed children? Send it to the police. But if you haven't got any then you're just an elder at the JC trying to disfellowship him because you don't like him. If anyone actually cared about these children he has alleged f****** they would have reported him to whatever authority that has jurisdiction over a possible paedophile who is still at large, according to you. The fact that not only that hasn't happened but the witch hunt, mob mentality, cancel culture, and JW-like shunning behaviour continues simply speaks to the fact that this is about destroying a person that many in the "community" do not like and resent, regardless if they have to pretend that the wife and children involved in this situation do not exist and are not ɡoinɡ to suffer more by being exposed to the whole world. This is not about saving trafficked Thai children, it's about taking down the accused, without evidence of his alleged paedophilia if needs be—anything for the cause, after all, we were all indocrinated into theocratic warfare, weren't we? The Watchtower taught us well.

I don't mention child abuse...are you dumb?

A guy who campaigned for sex abuse survivors in a cult has admitted to partaking in enjoying prostitution in countries where it is illegal.

Can you comprehend that people who support him are unhappy with that? Can you comprehend that people who are sex abuse survivors who were supported of him to defend their position have been utterly betrayed?

If not then fuck off this forum and all social media.

• Newly Enlightened
  • Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno

I see a lot of people wanting to apply the two-witness rule for Lloyd, for some reason.

• Toblerone5
    Toblerone5

in is facebook long explanation he said: If sex tourism had been my incentive I am sure I would have headed straight to Bangkok rather than Phuket and its stunning beaches. This is a video from youtube on thailand Phuket night life...https://youtu.be/suR4_ocHQc4

• silentlamb_silent_no_more
    silentlamb_silent_no_more

Defamation:

'Defamation means causing serious harm to a person's reputation by publishing material about them that changes the way people feel about them. A person who claims to have been defamed can go to court to get compensation for the harm caused. ... Compensation could be money or a public apology.'

Joey JoJo

I am in the UK. I contacted the police about slanderous false rumours being posted on Facebook about a child, my child. The perpatrators? My sister's friends.

The police?

"All we can do is talk to her and ask her to take it down. It is largely up to her whether she heeds our advice or not"

They can't do JACK in the UK for defamation whether true or false. It is difficult to gather clear cut evidence and would waste CPS time. That's what I was told by the police. I still retain all the evidence, but difficult to prove in court. Considering the people who are commenting here are commenting under aliases.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit