It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Evans: I was in my early 20s, still a virgin (obviously)

Evans' Right Hand: Now now, dear. No need to be so modest!

It is illuminating to see how he tries to excuse his online dalliances with 'girls.' It wasn't as bad as committing fornication, and it 'allowed him to remain single' into his 20s. One can imagine his mind working through a similar set of justifications as he repeatedly visited hookers behind his wife's back. At the same time, "it's not as if I was doing this" leaves open the possibility that one day he would be doing that latter thing, excusing it by claiming that at least it wasn't as bad as this other thing he wasn't doing... yet.

• BettyHumpter
    BettyHumpter

"I had recently started a new job as a part time secretary at a local real estate office. When I asked my boss for a two-month leave of absence to attend a Bible course, predictably she did not share my enthusiasm. My request was refused. I responded by handing in my notice. This, in turn, left me with another problem: I had just signed an agreement that tied me to paying full monthly rent on my apartment"

The cost of living must be amazingly low in that part of England to be able to meet rent on a part time entry level job. I had a halfway decent full time job in my early 20's but still needed roommates if I wanted to live somewhere decent and not be penniless at the end of each month.

Also, even if he was granted the 2 month leave of absence, it wouldn't be with pay, so he'd have been in the same bind regarding his lease.

• Toblerone5
    Toblerone5
    Instead of trying to knife me...

still have that JW mentality that Worldly teenager are bad, violent .and dangerous... Now I don't have a Jedi mind.but I'm pretty sure that Prostitute Pimp have more than knife...And he's not affraid of them?

• Vintage
    Vintage

I can see it all now... Evans approaches his SW's Pimp and asks for proof that she is over 21 years old, and also that she is not being coerced. The Pimp graciously provides him with affidavits confirming this information, even though prostitution itself is illegal. And the Pimp has that document notarized for Evans. The document includes the Pimp's identification and notarized signature.

• Thisismein1972
    Thisismein1972

He really does think he is important, doesn't he? PICK THAT LITTER UP NOW, DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?

I was waiting for him to say “If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.”

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Not to get over biblical, but straining the gnat and gulping the camel springs to mind.

•  Debra
    Debra

He was so protective of the books he wrote when getting them translated wasn't he, which gives me an idea, it would really wind him up if chapter by chapter they appeared online somewhere especially the new one he claims he's writing

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I’m not in favour of giving him any just cause to feel aggrieved. This whole sorry situation is so completely of his own doing and the result of his own moral bankruptcy, it’s better to leave it that way so the issue is crystal clear for any new onlookers.

• BettyHumpter
    BettyHumpter

Lloyd Evans based on the length of this thread:

• Vintage
    Vintage

BettyHumpter, I'm clueless. Please explain the photo to me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit