It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

•  Debra
    Debra

Ditto toblerone5

• Toblerone5
    Toblerone5
    I can give you all a glimpse on my MTS experience...

The one he wrote in his book? At bethel? in the shower? again?

• Thisismein1972
    Thisismein1972

It is absolutely nothing to brag about. literally signing your life away to poverty and servitude to an evil entity that will suck you dry and kill your children.

Firefighters, paramedics, nurses, and doctors (the ones who still have morals anyway) are deserving of praise. Bus drivers, road cleaners, garbage truck personnel, the list goes on.

Being a pioneer is not even worth the air. By the way, the pioneers I knew were not very nice people as they knew they were looked up to and the other members of the congregation regarded them with doe eyes, which gave them free rein to be as horrible as they possibly could be. Kinda sounds like Lloyd anyway.

• Vintage
    Vintage

It sounds as though MST (Ministerial Training School?) was Evans pinnacle of prestige. I read at this link that the MTS was 8 1/2 weeks long. https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/159793/mts-school

Maybe they made it shorter at some point? The description of the program sounds to me like the Society was being lied to by bodies of elders in various congregations, so they "trained" men to go into those congregations as spies for Watchtower, to get a different perspective of what was going on from whatever the congregation elders had been telling the Society.

• Thisismein1972
    Thisismein1972

"Maybe they made it shorter at some point? The description of the program sounds to me like the Society was being lied to by bodies of elders in various congregations, so they "trained" men to go into those congregations as spies for Watchtower, to get a different perspective of what was going on from whatever the congregation elders had been telling the Society."

Vintage. I know this to be true. It happened in our congregation when I still lived in the northwest of England. At one time I was in the same circuit as Lloyd and we shared the same circuit assembly hall in Northenden Manchester. Our congregation went through a particularly hard time and the branch office removed most of the elders, some were kept on, but they also eventually stepped down. The elders who were brought in were not very nice at all. The PO was particularly a nasty piece of work, I hear this PO was also good friends with Lloyd. His name was Tony Cain Hated this guy with a passion. Apparently, he/was a CO now, although I have heard he has had one are two nervous breakdowns. Maybe the burden of ruining so many people's lives is laying heavy on his indoctrinated mind.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Tony Cain! Aaaaaaah!

• Vintage
    Vintage

Thanks for confirming, Thisismein1972. Watchtower always gives the spin that everything they do is for the spiritual good of the congregation. Once we remove that “red herring”, we can then see the true reason behind each of Watchtower’s moves. As if Watchtower would be spending time and money to train “Lloyd and company” so they could bring more spirituality to those congregations!! Ha! Watchtower just needed more eyes and ears. Lloyd seems to be flattering himself that Watchtower thought he was really hot stuff for them to invite him to MST.

• LouGoode
    LouGoode

I was in that Manchester circuit back in the day. The very best bit was if my mum let me make sandwiches in that little room upstairs where you could chat and work and not really listen to the piped sessions.

it’s so desperately sad and pathetic that Lloyd is having to brag about MTS school. It was years ago and it was a sad little made up program to make people think they had a bit of status. It’s like an old man in a pub, ruminating, salty eyed over a shoe selling training course his company sent him on 45 years ago (‘and they said I was the best shoe seller in the south west of Norfolk area’).

It’s a clear indication that he doesn’t rate anything he has ever done since. His heart is still placing WTS an a ‘one up’ authority.

• Vintage
    Vintage

Yes, that’s a good illustration, LouGoode. In effect, Evans is still appealing to Watchtower for his credibility and respect, even though we’ve all figured out that Watchtower can’t be trusted and, as a religious authority, deserves no respect. Speaking of Jesus, Luke wrote, “He also told them this parable:“Can the blind lead the blind? Will they not both fall into a pit?”” Luke 6:39. Evans is saying, “Follow me!”, but he is clueless on where he is going.

• Mikejw
    Mikejw

I actually went to Lloyd’s MTS graduation

i didnt know him him but knew someone else invited me

i also went with them all on a few get together some in Portugal

i still I’ll don’t really remember Lloyd from back then

i went to a few MTS graduations and now it’s interesting to see where most of these young brothers are? Most are disillusioned even if they are still in the truth

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit