It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    It wasn't as bad as committing fornication, and it 'allowed him to remain single' into his 20s. One can imagine his mind working through a similar set of justifications as he repeatedly visited hookers behind his wife's back.

Exactly. TRA is full of analogies like this. Online cybersexting isn't as bad as fornication, at least I didn't meet her in a car park! OK then, have at it whilst your wife sleeps alone in the next room. He treated his cybersexting issues as it were something minor like watching an erotica movie. I'm sure ALL of your cybersexting partners are of legal age, XXXdating must certainly ask for govt issued ID when creating an account.

He's gotten worse the more he's been enabled. He didn't bludgeon any baby seals, didn't murder or rape anyone. He didn't separate families, except his own by fleeing to Thailand and prompting his wife to ask for divorce, but hey, that's his private business and none of yours. Besides he was ready to fight for her, despite her faults. And if he wanted to totally whore around, he would have went to Bangkok not Pa Tong. So please remember that.

I can imagine what it must have been like for his parents raising him. "Yes I did take £20 from dad's wallet. But sissy does this all the time and took £5 the other week, yet you aren't holding her to the same standard as I am. And there was also a £10 note in there that I didn't take. If I wanted to rip you off, I would have taken it all!"

Always confessing to a lesser crime and congratulating himself on not committing a worse one.

• BettyHumpter
    BettyHumpter

"BettyHumpter, I'm clueless. Please explain the photo to me."

It's a photo of the surviving Nazi leadership on trial at Nuremberg, with Lloyd taking the place of Wilhelm Keitel.

• Vintage
    Vintage

Okay. Thanks!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Hess tried to broker a peace deal. I personally don’t think he should have spent his whole life in jail. He probably tried to do some good. The others obviously deserved their fate, or if anything, got off lightly, as in the case of Speer.

• Vintage
    Vintage

On clubbing seals ...I once met an Inuit sister at a KH in the USA mainland. She was wearing a beautiful fur coat. When I remarked on it, she lowered her voice and explained that it was sealskin and that it was the only clothing item she'd kept from her former life when she and her husband had made a living as seal hunters in Alaska. So, I guess this story I've told gives Evans complete moral vindication for his illicit sexual practices.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Psychopaths always point to others as worse than themselves. Reminds me of Ian Brady claiming Tony Blair was worse than him as if that somehow excused his own crimes. It’s mind bending logic.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/16/ian-brady-words-petty-criminal-compared-tony-blair/

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Hess tried to broker a peace deal. I personally don’t think he should have spent his whole life in jail. He probably tried to do some good. The others obviously deserved their fate, or if anything, got off lightly, as in the case of Speer.

Hess was a bit insane and should have served some time for being Hitler's right hand in the early war years but life was a stretch given that he surrendered himself to the British and tried to broker an unauthorised peace deal. The Soviets insisted he serve his life term whilst the British, Americans and French wanted to release him to West Germany.

Like Evans, Speer was a liar and opportunist. He admitted to the crimes he had to confess to but made a lot of self-beneficial claims that were impossible to verify, such as him confessing to Hitler he had deliberately disobeyed his orders to destroy cities and assassination attempts he claimed to have attempted on him. He was disillusioned with Hitler but so were Himmler and Goering. I hate the image he cultivated of himself as the "good Nazi".

Speer confessed his full guilt to some of his crimes but often with the Evans-style implication that others did much worse. "yes I designed the concentration camp system and built up German armaments, but if you are going to hold me accountable, what about Dr Goebbels? Goering!? Himmler knew about & supported the Holocaust! Doenitz actually was appointed by Hitler as his successor! Not me! Hitler hated me in the end which means I can't be all that bad!"

• Vintage
    Vintage

So, Speer's defense was that he hadn't killed any seals?

• BettyHumpter
    BettyHumpter

"Hess was a bit insane and should have served some time for being Hitler's right hand in the early war years but life was a stretch given that he surrendered himself to the British and tried to broker an unauthorised peace deal. The Soviets insisted he serve his life term whilst the British, Americans and French wanted to release him to West Germany."

Keeping him as the sole geriatric prisoner for decades after everyone else was gone was pointless, i agree. But the peace deal he wanted to broker was with the British. Not a deal to end the entire war.

If by some magic he had been successful, The battle of the Atlantic would be over along with the undeclared war at sea with the US. The US would never have entered the european war and that would also mean no lend-lease to the USSR. It also would have freed up about 30 additional divisions for the eastern front. No need to guard for an invasion of the west if they made peace with Britain.

This would have been bad news for the Soviets.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Just saw the post by Toblerone5 on page 496.

Lloyd ticks off teenagers who throw their litter on the floor, but cheats on his wife with prostitutes.

Make of that what you will ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit