It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Toblerone5
    Toblerone5

Love this comment of M.Winters .This is how I expect a Real EX-JW to talk about his former religion...Cult.

• Toblerone5
    Toblerone5
    Wow...If the MTS is just that ,Elders speaking a lot of shit...

No wonder M.Evans love it so much...He must have been Top of His Class...Graduated with honnor... too soon

• Toblerone5
    Toblerone5

Back in 2014, JLE did do a youtube video where he talk about his MTS experience...(video feb.24 2014) I made a joke earlier about don't forget to show your diploma, he already did that...Even though his video was boring, he said this: the course was 2 month long, his father in 2011 also went to MTS, they both quit there job to attend, Lloyd managed to beg for his job back, but he said his father still hasn't got a job ever since that ? Also his mother made it very clear she wanted him to go to MTS? and that in her resurrection she wanted to see his graduation video? wonder what she would say about his Febuary 2022 video... By the way I thought his father was an Elder,but he went to a MTS? Was it because he add to step down when L.E. all drama occured?those anybody have New Light on this...

• KIMSILVIO
    KIMSILVIO
    By the way I thought his father was an Elder,but he went to a MTS?

I don’t understand the question…can’t elders sons go to MTS? As far as I’m aware he was and still is an elder - big then I thought his sister was a JW and shunning him but that turned out to be incorrect so what would I know 🤷‍♀️

• Toblerone5
    Toblerone5
    I don’t understand the question

Hi kim.I was talking about his father. That course is for Ministerial servant, so how can an Elder (lloyd dad) take that course? Elders have there own shcool ,class what ever crap if i remember right , at bethel for 2 weeks ,every 2 -3 years? But then again were talking about Watchtower here , all there rules. teaching, makes no sense. And pretty sure being an elders son helps a lot for being invited to attend that shcool...It also help them Not to be publicly reproof, disfellowship, have there son BLUE ENVELOPE hidden by JW bethel branch office...allegedly... escape,sorry ''MOVE '' far far away in a small village in the middle of nowhere . where everybody speaks a different language, and they have no clue that an Elder son is making apostate video on youtube in the basement and visit prostitutes on a regular basic...I went to far again didn't I...have a nice day?

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

I've copied and pasted the sections in TRA about MTS school and the background behind his decision to go:

In many ways, Mum was unknowingly preparing me for what was to come. After all, she told me the thought of dying did not scare her—she was only worried about what would happen to the three of us once she was gone. With this in mind, she would talk about her expectations for my future. Mum hoped I would one day meet someone special, being only too aware of the trouble I seemed to be having in this department. Mum also told me of her desire for me to go to MTS. MTS, or Ministerial Training School, was an eight-week training course for single Witness men. [59] I had already expressed some interest in enrolling once I was old enough. It struck me as a more intellectual and less monastic alternative to going to work at London Bethel, Watchtower’s headquarters in Britain. I could now see Mum was keen for me to attend the course. She even told me to film my graduation so that she could watch the tape with me some day in Paradise after her resurrection. This expectation of hers, and the conviction that inspired it, was embedded in my subconscious from that day forward. I could not let Mum down. Sure, MTS would be no walk in the park. It was an intense course, and not everyone who applied for it got accepted. But never mind that—if Mum wanted me to go that badly, I was going to go. I was not even sure whether Watchtower would allow the graduation to be filmed (it wouldn’t), but I would worry about the details later. For now, being with Mum while I still had her was all that mattered.

He then expressed these doubts regarding MTS School as a whole due to the fact that he desperately wanted a female companion, and one who would be willing to wait until he finished MTS

Though I was determined to get into MTS, it did present me with a dilemma. I was in my early 20s, still a virgin (obviously), and I yearned for companionship— especially now Mum’s steadying influence was absent from my life. I had been in a brief six-month relationship the year before Mum died, but this had gone nowhere. Now I wanted more than anything to find someone who could help ease my feelings of loneliness and despair. MTS, however, was only for single Witness males. [64] This meant that, not only did I need to choose a marriage partner from among only Witness girls (to avoid becoming “unevenly yoked” with an unbeliever), I also had to convince any such girl to wait until after I had graduated from MTS before officially starting a relationship.

He then goes on about chatting online with "girls" and kept using this term. It sounded like he was wavering more about going to MTS school because of his burgeoning relationships with "girls" online, stressing that he was mainly going because of his mum's wishes.

By this stage, internet chat rooms were in full swing and social networking was starting to take off. These offered some kind of solution to my unique predicament. I could interact with girls from all over the world from the privacy of my computer without commitment or physical contact, and ease some of my loneliness and sexual frustration with them. I got the thrill of chatting and flirting with normal girls without having to tie myself down to anything or hurt anyone’s feelings. This sort of behavior, even if it is going on in cyberspace, is still a huge no-no as far as the organization is concerned, as countless Watchtower articles and letters to elders will attest. However, in my mind it was clearly not as bad as committing actual fornication with someone, and it was allowing me to remain single into my mid-20s when I was finding it increasingly difficult to find a girlfriend among Witnesses— especially given the limitations placed on me by MTS, which I simply had to attend to honor my mother’s wishes. Hence, even though I knew what I was doing was technically wrong, it was easy to rationalize. Besides, if Watchtower could be so manifestly wrong over so many of its interpretations of Bible prophecy, what if it was also wrong about what young single people should or should not be doing in private on the internet?

Prior to getting accepted to MTS, he moves to Bramhall and gets a job as a secretary at a real estate office. The acceptance letter comes in and his boss declines his request for a 2 month leave. He quits his job and gets out of his lease by finding another tenant.

Only a few weeks after my housewarming party, a letter arrived from the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Britain, dated January 10, 2005. The first two lines read, “Dear Brother Evans: Your application for enrollment in the Ministerial Training School has been accepted.” I was beside myself with excitement. Everything was falling into place! Finally, my opportunity had arrived to go to MTS, thus fulfilling Mum’s wishes. But there was a catch. I had recently started a new job as a part?time secretary at a local real estate office. When I asked my boss for a two-month leave of absence to attend a Bible course, predictably she did not share my enthusiasm. My request was refused. I responded by handing in my notice. This, in turn, left me with another problem: I had just signed an agreement that tied me to paying full monthly rent on my apartment, including for the two months that I would be away at MTS and without work. Fortunately, there was a clause in the agreement that would free me if I could find someone else who would be willing to take over the rental—and I soon managed to find such a person. My landlady was thus good enough to release me from the agreement, leaving the rent payments as no longer my concern. And so, with no job and no place to live, I was finally free to pursue my pilgrimage to Ministerial Training School. There was little doubt in my mind that it would meet all my expectations and calm any lingering doubts about my beliefs.

He did manage to capture their rendition of "Life Without End - At Last!" on the video:

Once the ceremony was formally over, my classmates and I assembled at the front of the auditorium and serenaded the audience with a rendition of the rousing Witness song “Life Without End—At Last!” to thunderous applause. It felt like the perfect finale to my MTS experience, and I even managed to catch it on camera —just in case.
  • KIMSILVIO
    KIMSILVIO
    I went to far again didn't I...have a nice day?
    never to far. I didn’t know his father went to MTS,very interesting 🤔
  • Toblerone5
    Toblerone5

UUUUUUGH!

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.

Lloyd's 'Ronnie Pickering' moment!!🤣

• markweatherill
    markweatherill
    Ron.W.
    Ron.W.3 minutes ago

Lloyd's 'Ronnie Pickering' moment!!🤣