It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

Another video from Jennifer Torres, who appeared with her daughter and interviewed by Lloyd in the “still in progress after 6 years and crowdfunded for” documentary The Truth About The Truth”. She wants hers and her daughter’s footage to be cut. No one wants to be on camera with this guy anymore.

https://youtu.be/Q-DkHYuVRF0

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

We felt so sorry for her & her daughter. Imagine how devasted all these CSA survivors feel now. Imagine how people that have given these guys money for this documentary feel about now.

Lloydy Boy, this is the communities business

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

new-cedars-signature3

These lyrics come to mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBxSFAnr8zU&ab_channel=LoganC.

• Reservations
    Reservations

I am interested in what Mark o donnell has to say on all of this. He’s been the clever one not saying a word, but I think a statement of some type is in order.

Will he be with Lloyd, or will he distance himself?

Im sure he doesn’t need any advice, but if he’s got half a brain he should cut all ties with this guy.

His credibility as a decent reporter will be at stake.

• Simon
    Simon
    I'm quite sure that doing all the heavy lifting on our own was good for us.

I agree. I did the same. I read, I learned, I digested it all. If you take the time to learn you don't need constant and repeated validation.

It's like having a proper meal vs fast-food.

Evans video feed is the fast-food of exJW'ism that's never really filling, and isn't really great for you either. But people get addicted to it and it's a profitable business to be in.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    I am interested in what Mark o donnell has to say on all of this. He’s been the clever one not saying a word, but I think a statement of some type is in order.
    Will he be with Lloyd, or will he distance himself?
    Im sure he doesn’t need any advice, but if he’s got half a brain he should cut all ties with this guy.
    His credibility as a decent reporter will be at stake.

He advised on Twitter he did not know about this and will make an official statement soon.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Mark doesn’t know about this situation? Huh? Has he been living in a cave for the past week?

I have a lot of respect of Mark O’Donnell. He seems like a thoroughly decent guy, and I always thought Lloyd was a bad match for him—before all this came out.

I appreciate Mark needs time to process the information and make a considered response. At the same time it’s good to know that he does realise it’s important for him to speak out and make his own position clear.

• silentlamb_silent_no_more
    silentlamb_silent_no_more
    Branch committee members don’t involve themselves with Judicial committee meetings in Croatia, or anywhere else….Unless it’s off the wall crazy shit…

Exactly! Anon in BBC Panorama Suffer the little children here. They sent "Jonathan Briggs" from UK Bethel to sort things out at my old congregation and became Presiding Overseer, (That title has now been removed if I'm correct?) Anyway, he demoted all of the elders there at the time and appointed new ones.

Now ask the question - Why was Jonathan Briggs sent from UK Bethel, to the Stevenston Congregation, Ayrshire, Scotland during everything that was being highlighted in the media at the time? Even apostasy does not get that special attention!

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

https://news.sky.com/story/there-was-no-reprimand-nothing-changed-survivors-criticise-jehovahs-witness-elders-for-failing-to-act-over-child-sexual-abu

There are 8.6 million Jehovah's Witness members worldwide and 130,000 in England and Wales, with a large central office campus in Chelmsford, Essex.

Activists who are critics of the church claim there is a database of child sexual abuse allegations made against people in the organisation, which is kept at the head office in Chelmsford.

Jehovah's Witnesses HQ in Chelmsford, Essex
    Image:Jehovah's Witnesses HQ in Chelmsford, Essex

Lloyd Evans, who is a former elder of the church, but left in part because of the way child abuse is handled, told Sky News: "It's in their own documents, in their shepherd book that they collate this information.

"And it's in other documents that this information is received at the branch and turned into a database.

"It's beyond belief to me that the police haven't already tried to get those documents from Chelmsford."

The guidebook does indeed tell elders that if the wrong-doing "is not established… the investigating elders should compose a record, sign it, put it in a sealed envelope and give it to the secretary to be placed in the congregation's confidential file".

Mr Evans added: "If this was a gym franchise, or a public school and they were keeping records on teachers or gym instructors about these individuals being predators and not passing these on to the police - these institutions would be all over our front pages. When it's a religion doing it, for some reason everyone treats them with kid gloves."

Does Lloyd Evans ever tell the truth? Lloyd admitted on video that he was asked to attend his judicial committee meeting because of ''apostasy.'' Why did he tell this reporter that he left the Jehovah's Witness religion in part because of the way child abuse was being handled? Why was he making himself an expert on child sexual abuse, while admitting in his book that he was sexting females, while single and as a married man? What made him a child abuse expert, while writing in his book that he was sexually repressed and had an obsession with masturbation?

He wanted the police to investigate child abuse documents that were in a secret database in Chelmsford, and having the documents turned over to the police. He wanted to know why Jehovah Witness religion were being treated with kids gloves when it came to child sexual abuse, while he wants the XJW community and his followers to mind their own business while he visited prostitutes in Thailand ( which is human abuse)!

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

If the info in that Facebook post is true, then it's mind-boggling that he would have anything to say about how the WT handled CSA. Jesus...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit