It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno

People aren’t obligated to include or exclude anyone on their own channel. Just my two cents.

Want to do your own panel? YouTube is free for all to use. Put your money where your mouth is.

• annihilator
    annihilator

Mark O'Donnell is a bit of an enigma. The warning signs regarding Lloyd Evans/John Cedars were there for years, but he ignored them. He never gave me a good reason why. All he could tell me was Lloyd had a big audience and Mark took advantage of that audience. I wish Mark all the best and I admire what he does, but I do not fully trust him and don't suggest that anybody else should either. Maybe it is because I am suspicious of anybody with that "elder" mentality.

Mark O'Donnell is a Lloyd Evans enabler.

He was called out on twitter on February 13, 2022

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

It think it was a bum note in Mark O’Donnell’s statement where he said:

While it is not my business to judge the personal lives of other reporters, I must take on board the feelings and sensitivities of the general public, including those affected by these activities.

Maybe just clumsy language, but it almost sounds like he would keep working with LE if other people weren’t so “sensitive”.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Ok, so I've just caught up on some previous pages.

Mike/Kim (Zeb? Whoever da fuq that is):

Damn it, I respect the hell out of you guys, but I also respect Mark O's legal work behind the scenes a helluva lot.

He's absolutely right that the WT's language concerning women in documents going back decades has remained the same. There's nothing "new" about it. And he sure as hell isn't somehow backing their way of speaking about women. You basically have a vendetta going against anyone who was even remotely involved with Hemorrhoid Evans, with the exception of Kim S who you give a pass since she was a whistleblower of that POS.

This is nit-picky bullshit, and quite frankly beneath the both of you. Mark severed ties with the Cult of Cedars, so what else more do you want? We've got almost 400 pages now of "I told ya so!!!"

I'd say along with Barbara Anderson, Mark O's work behind the scenes (legally) is far superior to your ranting and raving. Think he's going to roll up in here and lower himself to your level of pettiness? I highly doubt that, as he's got a helluva lot better things to do.

Make a "Nail in the Coffin" vid for once. Been a long time. Update on KH closings and selling off (big one in NZ I heard), etc. Everyone is getting pretty sick of this petty bullshit.

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

@WingCommander He's absolutely right that the WT's language concerning women in documents going back decades has remained the same. There's nothing "new" about it.

Those particular documents were different because a Kingdom Hall in Washington state was selling their water rights separately. I doubt any of you defending O'Donnel for this, even watched our video

• lloydevansparody
    lloydevansparody
    Mark O'Donnell is a Lloyd Evans enabler.
    Maybe just clumsy language, but it almost sounds like he would keep working with LE if other people weren’t so “sensitive”.

But if you touch these people and you make a criticism you are called a psychopath. Oh wait a transphobe too. A piece of shit... and several times the traditional "fuck off". Classy.

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

@WingCommander who is Mark O'Donnell that he can call US crazy just because we want to do a video about this Kingdom hall selling their water rights?

Why can't the 'Boy's Club" just leave everyone alone a let them do their activism the way we see fit? But no, they have to control people's behavior and discredit the rest of us.

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector
    But if you touch these people and you make a criticism you are called a psychopath. Oh wait a transphobe too. A piece of shit... and several times the traditional "fuck off". Classy.

I noticed that. It seems if you dare to criticize a trans person online at all, that automatically makes you a transphobe. It reminds me of back when I was a JW someone made the mistake of using the phrase "you all" when speaking to a black family. Who knew that "you all" meant anything cruel?

Regarding some of the others, there is much distrust among the vloggers and the commenters. Thanks James Lloyd Evans for your toxic behavior and sowing the mistrust. Might as well add that to the list of why I think Lloyd is Watchtower controlled opposition.

I have already spoken about Mark O'Donnell and I have nothing new to add to that, so I will repost it. Mark O'Donnell is a bit of an enigma. The warning signs regarding Lloyd Evans/John Cedars were there for years, but he ignored them. He never gave me a good reason why. All he could tell me was Lloyd had a big audience and Mark took advantage of that audience. I wish Mark all the best and I admire what he does, but I do not fully trust him and don't suggest that anybody else should either. Maybe it is because I am suspicious of anybody with that "elder" mentality.

As for Cappytan / Sean, the guy seems pretty cool. Somehow he got mixed up in all of this when Lloyd sent him an extortion letter and I am not sure why. I found it amusing in the leaked private message of how afraid of the "Marko" stuff he is. As I said on Twitter, Tom, Joel, Cora, Marc, Mike and Kim have been far more credible over the past six months than Lloyd. I find the "Marko" stuff to be credible enough to be suspicious. Is it true? Don't know. Lloyd is disgusting enough based on what he admitted to. The UK police can decide if there is anything there or not.

Finally someone I have not spoken about, Altworldly / Jake. Each person decides for themselves what kind of life they want. Maybe you see where Lloyd has failed and you want to capture that audience for yourself. Take a minute and look at Lloyd, is that really the life you want for yourself? Doing videos that have a similar theme to his might put you on the same life trajectory. I don't think it is a good idea to consume Watchtower's video propaganda and try to make rebuttal videos to them. That stuff is toxic to watch and it messes with your mind and judgement. The most accurate thing Joseph Rutherford ever said is, "religion is a snare and a racket."

Now I am going to give myself some advise. I was all set to retire from JW activism right before the Lloyd Evans news broke. If it wasn't for the fact that Lloyd tried to steal the copyrights to Crisis of Conscience by Raymond Franz, I really wouldn't have put in the hours on Lloyd. Ray Franz was a hero to many and I wish I could have gotten to know him. Ray Franz was one of those kind souls that did his best to never harm anyone. There will never be another like him. Ray would be shocked for a man like Lloyd to come along and soil his work. My focus in this Lloyd stuff is to keep reminding people and myself to be more like Ray and less like Lloyd.

• Toblerone5
    Toblerone5
    I don't think it is a good idea to consume Watchtower's video propaganda and try to make rebuttal videos to them.

YES! JW broadcast is about 1hrs, Those Rebuttal can go up to 2hrs, and now JLE make them last 3hrs cause after ,he makes Tibor do little Sushi clip ,and he doesn't have to Work for a month,and go on vacation, organize karaoke night ,get together for a drink on a wenesday? wow it really shows the guy never had a real job, get together friday night ,yes cause most don't Work the next day but in the middle of the week? Also he have the energy to organize all that with is mental health problem? Serioulsy who need to watch an ex-jw video ,about him or her, playing a toxic broadcast , and every 2 minutes they stop , and go: did you see what so and so said? O.M.G! Why? Why?

• Simon
    Simon

No sooner than we get done with one clown it seem someone else wants to take their place.

People are free to do what they want, but look closely. Check if they really have toxic opinions and bullying behavior of their own.

Don't simply rejoice that someone you don't like has been replaced.

Personally, I don't think any of these hours long analysis videos are necessary or helpful to anyone. Stop wallowing in the WTS. It's not healthy for you or your audience. it's not like anything much really changes anyway ... make a video if something actually changes, if there is actually some news to report.

LET GO AND MOVE ON!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit