It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• lloydevansparody
    lloydevansparody
    I also know that he was behind the scenes back in 2015 trying to coerce Deborah Dykstra to let him have Crisis of Conscience.

As is the father so is the son

• Vintage
    Vintage

The Apostle Paul was making fun of those who wanted women to keep quiet. The NWT leaves out a word that turns the whole meaning around. Here’s a quote from a Beroean Pickets (Eric Wilson) video and the link.

“Paul’s tone is derisive here, even mocking. He’s trying to show them the folly of their reasoning, so he begins his thought with eta.

The NWT fails to provide any translation for the first eta in verse 36 and renders the second simply as “or”.

“If they want to learn something, let them ask their husbands at home, for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the congregation. Was it from you that the word of God originated, or did it reach only as far as you?” (1 Corinthians 14:35, 36NWT)

By contrast, the old King James Version reads:

“And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church. 36What? came the word of God out from you? or came it unto you only?” (1 Corinthians 14:35, 36KJV)”

https://beroeans.net/2019/11/22/understanding-the-role-of-women-in-gods-family/

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

I don't know if Apostle Paul's words were mocking or not. Honestly I don't care since the bible is nearly meaningless to me. We all know how Watchtower taught it and it is exactly how Lloyd Evans and others seeking to copy Lloyd have behaved toward women.

• Toblerone5
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Nearly down below 500 patrons now! 🎉

• Vintage
    Vintage

Watchtower taught the meaning of the Apostle Paul’s words “wrong”, and that adversely affected the lives of millions of women. Actually, it adversely affected the lives of everyone in Watchtower, since the men then mistreated the women, failed to develop empathy and respect for women, and missed out on having a great relationship with the women in their lives.

• Vintage
    Vintage

Slimboyfat, but Evans’ numbers had been down below 500 previously, too, hadn’t they?

• Simon
    Simon
    but Evans’ numbers had been down below 500 previously, too, hadn’t they?

When he started, on the way up

https://graphtreon.com/creator/cedars

• lloydevansparody
    lloydevansparody
    Slimboyfat, but Evans’ numbers had been down below 500 previously, too, hadn’t they?

I am not Slimboyfat but I can tell that the number has never been down the 500 since the Livestream

• Vintage
    Vintage

Okay. Good. I probably had his numbers confused with statistics on one of the other charts.

So far, since January, no abuse survivor has said, “I’m an abuse survivor and I want Lloyd Evans to tell my story”, have they? Please tell me no one has said this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit