It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

And speaking of the Russian ban, who of us can forget his flow chart.

• Toblerone5
    Toblerone5
    Not even a picture of Angus Stewart. You'd think that Angus Stewart would earn a space on his desk yeah about that...allegedly...

Yeah about that...

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Can you clarify that Graham? I thought British expats had to apply for residency to stay in the EU country they were living in - not for residency in the UK.

I admit my lack of expertise here, I just find it hard to believe that expats lost their British citizenship after Brexit.

Cheers

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

Toblerone5, you're missing a dartboard with the Magnificent Seven on it above Lloyd's right shoulder, otherwise the picture is perfect.

• Newly Enlightened
  • Simon
    Simon
    Here is when he took many of us out of context over the Russian Ban:
    And speaking of the Russian ban, who of us can forget his flow chart.

The daft thing about his video, is that he's right about the Russia thing - it is sick to be cheering on heavy handed abuse of government power, and we should separate criticism of the WTS from hatred of JWs.

... but it also applies to many of his other videos that are critical of the WTS for the sake of being critical. It's not welcoming to be ridiculing people or inventing scandals that don't exist.

I had an encounter with some crazy exJW on Twitter a few weeks ago. She wanted to claim that ALL JWs supported child abuse which is obviously not true and totally unfair. When I pointed out that she was being just as bigoted and judgemental as she claimed they were of course she went off about "white males, offering counsel" (actually no, fairly commenting in a public space).

The point is: we need to be balanced. I don't like Lloyd, but it's not difficult to say he was absolutely right about the Russia ban.

This "need to have an opposite viewpoint" based on who holds the view just permeates so much and it's not healthy and it makes some people look unbalanced and appear incapable of really looking at things objectively in a fair manner.

• Simon
    Simon
    I just find it hard to believe that expats lost their British citizenship after Brexit.

I do too. You are a citizen of a country until you become a citizen of someplace else and revoke the previous one (or keep dual nationality).

They didn't even "un-citizen" ISIS cretins, the idea that it would be automatic for many thousands of ex-pats sounds absurd. And what if you're not in the EU? It just doesn't make sense to me.

I could see it affecting people's permanent residency status and require an application (for something that was automatically granted under the treaty previously), but that is quite different to citizenship status.

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector
    I just find it hard to believe that expats lost their British citizenship after Brexit.
    I do too. You are a citizen of a country until you become a citizen of someplace else and revoke the previous one (or keep dual nationality).

If Lloyd wasn't still a citizen of the UK after Brexit, he wouldn't be filing his business as a British business.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/03734538/filing-history

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/06890461/filing-history

• pr0ner
    pr0ner

Burg3rtime here, my video with Kim actually breaks down bit by bit his video. So I'm amused that he submitted this video. A video a prosecutor would need to watch. Myself and Kim laying out our case based on the evidence known to the public based on a witness and Lloyd's own words. That's a pretty strong damn defense without needing to hire a lawyer. I just can't understand why he thought this would be a good idea. The case will never go anywhere. I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that his lawyer told him as much and they said something along the lines of, "We can do it for $$$ but it likely will be denied or never go anywhere...but you never know..." and Lloyd had committed to following this through so he can save as much face as possible now.

The question now is, if Djianna divorces him how is Lloyd paying for the divorce? Is it Patreons? Is it those same Patreons that always brought up how Djianna and the kids were what was most important? How will they feel now that their donations are working actively towards fighting against her best interests?

Lloyd really is his own worst enemy.

• Toblerone5
    Toblerone5
    you're missing a dartboard with the Magnificent Seven

I know...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit