It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• vienne
    vienne

Except for a few diehards whose behaviors match his, Evans has become irrelevant. Not that he was ever anything but a nit-picking irreverence anyway. Time to flush the toilet.

• Toblerone5
  • Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

I’m actually happy to hear that he’s “sexually repressed”. Repressed implies there’s something bigger is just waiting to bust out. If this is repressed, I shudder to think of what lies underneath.

• Simon
    Simon
    I’m actually happy to hear that he’s “sexually repressed”. Repressed implies there’s something bigger is just waiting to bust out. If this is repressed, I shudder to think of what lies underneath.

Although he hasn't done much to suppress any of his behavior at any point in his life from the accounts even he tells. He seems to love writing about and talking about what he does with his dinky-winky (I think that's what his Thai girls probably call it).

It looks like he's simply done whatever he wants at every opportunity, his only complaint being when he gets caught. That's when he's come up with the "suppression" claim, and the even wilder claim that "he's had his sexuality tampered with" which is a bit hyperbolic, and a massive insult to those who've lived through genuine sexual abuse.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Something clicked for me last night, it may same inconsequential, but I think it's telling. I'm trying to be a professional writer, so I'm tuned in to how other professionals do things.

In one of the posted video's Evans says that if some one sends him $150 he "might" put their name in the new book's acknowledgments. At the time I didn't think much of it, now I realize that screams "unprofessional amateur." The acknowledgments is where you thank your family for putting up with you; you editor and researchers for making your content accurate, well presented etc. Selling space in this part of your work is bad form.

No, "unprofessional amateur" is not redundant, one can be an amateur at something and still act like a professional. This is especially important if you're trying to make something (say activism and sourcing information) your life's work. Given that he couldn't look or act like a professional in simple matters like combing his hair and hiring a competent editor to hack his bloated video's down to manageable size; why should we be surprised that his lack of professionalism shows up in other parts of his life?

There's a lesson here for other XJW's who want to be activists. Learn the right way to do whatever you plan to do. Take classes, go to workshops, start slow as you're learning. Set realistic goals (No, I don't think you're going to "bring down the Watchtower"). Most especially don't try to make it a paying job. First of all, I don't think there's enough money in it. I also think it raises too many conflicts of interest.

• Simon
    Simon
    if some one sends him $150 he "might" put their name in the new book's acknowledgments. At the time I didn't think much of it, now I realize that screams "unprofessional amateur."

Not only is it amateurish but all you get is a "might"? You don't even get any guarantee for your money? Probably because he'd happily take enough contributions that it would require the whole book just be mentions if he could.

Most especially don't try to make it a paying job. First of all, I don't think there's enough money in it. I also think it raises too many conflicts of interest.

I forget where, but I once read something about a trap for activists being where they easily become dependent on the thing they are supposedly against. Do they then genuinely want to see its demise, given that they rely on its existence for their own and for funds to flow to them? So they end up in a kind of symbiotic / parasitic relationship instead.

A lot of government agencies end up like this, never solving the very problems they are supposedly created to solve, often contributing to them instead.

The other easy trap to fall into is not having enough material, or anything new to report on. At that point it's tempting to make things up, and invent things so you can put out content, again, to keep the money coming in. He's already done this, and it only takes a few unjustified claims and allegations to really undermine and weaken other potential charges you make against something.

• JW_Researcher
    JW_Researcher

"I forget where, but I once read something about a trap for activists being where they easily become dependent on the thing they are supposedly against. Do they then genuinely want to see its demise, given that they rely on its existence for their own and for funds to flow to them? So they end up in a kind of symbiotic / parasitic relationship instead."

Booker T. Washington observed something similar in his movement.

“There is another class of coloured people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs, and the hardships of the Negro race before the public. Having learned that they are able to make a living out of their troubles, they have grown into the settled habit of advertising their wrongs — partly because they want sympathy and partly because it pays. Some of these people do not want the Negro to lose his grievances, because they do not want to lose their jobs.”

― Booker T. Washington
  • RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

Ten years ago, John Cedars a.k.a. Lloyd Evans wanted Rick Fearon to apologize for, '' verbal excrement and dishing out insults.'' Ten years later, Lloyd Evans refuses to apologize to his wife and step down from his community ( who donated money for his activism ) for spending their donations on trips that involved hookers on many occasions. TALK ABOUT BEING CAUGHT WITH YOUR PANTS DOWN!

• cedars
      cedars10 years ago

Thanks minimus, twitch and sir82. I'm not completely naive you know! I know Rick thrives on attention. Normally I can just let him get on with it, and as I've said before, the lunacy of his tirades speaks for itself. However, I'm also a believer in people apologizing when they cross the line, which I feel Rick has done with this latest thread. He no longer seems content to spew forth verbal excrement - he now seems intent on dishing out insults and patronizing remarks against any who would oppose his methods (which is by far the majority).

Since a good percentage of those who visit this forum are faders like me, and Rick has now effectively branded any who won't man the pickets and/or unveil their identities as cowards, I feel an apology should be forthcoming.

Just because his behaviour is wearisome and predictable, doesn't mean he shouldn't be called to account when he goes too far.

Cedars

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

🤣🤣🤣I'm dying

• Simon
    Simon

"I know Rick Lloyd thrives on attention

"the lunacy of his tirades speaks for itself"

"I'm also a believer in people apologizing when they cross the line"

"Just because his behaviour is wearisome and predictable, doesn't mean he shouldn't be called to account when he goes too far."

Pure comedy gold. LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit