It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Notsurewheretogo, Yes! I really enjoyed watching Harrison Cother’s Videos! I think he would be a very good replacement!

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

"Mirror, Mirror, on the wall:"

"Who's the most perverted neck-bearded one of them all?"

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

Now that made me chuckle....

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Didn’t Lloyd start doing agony aunt style videos recently, giving out advice on relationships while leaving the Witnesses, among other things? The more you think about it, the worse it gets.

He’s pretty consistent at least. When he revealed people’s identities on Facebook he said it was no big deal and people were persecuting him by objecting. When he broke the copyright on Ray Franz’s book again he said people were making an issue out of nothing. Now he claims people are so judgmental if they don’t embrace his lying, cheating, exploiting life style. He’s done nothing wrong in his own eyes. People are just out to get him.

Somebody said narcissist. That’s spot on. Like the CEO of Theranos, Elizabeth Holmes. The telltale signs include the ability to lie well past the point where it no longer makes any sense, no sense of shame, no regard for the consequences for others. She knew her faulty product was giving false medical information to patients for years, but instead of feeling sorry for the lives she wrecked she is still convinced that she is a victim because people exposed her lies.

• riblah
    riblah

Today I saw 103,000 subscribers on his YouTube. I forgot to look yesterday.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

What a train wreck!

John "Lloyd Evans" Cedars says he isn't a misogynist. Isn't his wife a woman? Do his actions demonstrate affectionate concern for her feelings? Aren't his two children female?

Interesting choice, Thailand. Is he into "ladyboys"?

• under the radar
    under the radar

First, I feel deeply sorry for the hurt and humiliation this debacle has caused Lloyd's wife and children and other family. They did nothing to deserve this, but they will suffer just the same. It's entirely his fault, and trying to lessen his guilt by defaming his wife and blaming the Borg just makes him look worse. What a pitiful excuse for a man...

That said, I also viscerally resent the damage he has done to the ex-JW movement. No matter how factual and truthful his prior arguments were against the Watchtower's authoritarian mind-control and money grubbing ways, he will be pointed at for years as an example of what happens to someone "who leaves the Truth™." The damage he has done to the reputation and efforts of all ex-JWs combined may exceed the good he did by exposing Watchtower's dishonest and self-serving policies about child abuse. I wonder how many more will now refuse to listen to anything an ex-JW may say. His immorality and hypocrisy will be used to discredit and undermine us all. Irrefutable facts won't matter if presented by someone even tenuously connected with him, regardless of how strenuously they disavow his actions.

And that's a damn shame.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Are you sure this will end his YouTube career? He’s like Boris Johnson, who any reasonable person in his position would have resigned weeks ago. But he simply won’t go unless he’s dragged kicking and screaming. He doesn’t care how stupid his excuses are or how many others are collateral damage.

Lloyd has no shame either, this is clear. If he possibly can, he will carry on as normal. In fact, he’s made it clear he thinks he’s a victim in this situation, and anyone who sees it otherwise is being a judgemental hater. Far less than ending his activism, maybe he’ll showcase the ‘experience’ in a new book. He is that deluded. The thing is, he got away with scandalous disregard for others in the past. Might he get away with it again? I’m not so sure he won’t!

By the way, why didn’t he film his latest video in his bunker? He claimed his children and parents in law were downstairs. Why would they do that? The man is a compulsive liar. Maybe he’s still living with his wife and her family, but I wouldn’t take his word for it. I wouldn’t believe anything that can’t be corroborated.

• Simon
    Simon

The world now is upside down. Perpetrators of crimes end up being viewed as victims while the real victims are viewed as oppressors, debt is an asset, incompetence and crime is rewarded, ... everything is totally backward. We're in clown universe and we never realized.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him continue. He has no shame and his followers apparently share his lack of standards or concerns for women so as long as they keep putting their hand in their pockets for him, he'll keep taking it and justifying his actions.

Shameless, narcissistic, sociopaths have no remorse and no sense of guilt at the harm they do to others. As long as they get what they want, they think the world is great.

Normal people can't live with themselves even for far lesser slights they do to others.

• Doctor Who
    Doctor Who

How much do you want to bet a WT article or broadcast is going to bring out some of these details, without naming his name, after which they will bash apostates with a wide brush stroke?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit