It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Simon
    Simon
    Does he want to sue people who are not going to pay him regardless of the judgment or does he want that home on an island he told Andrew Gold he dreamt of getting? Can't have both.

I think a win that doesn't give him any money is going to be a pyrrhic victory because not only would he be out of pocket, he'd also create a free-for-all for anyone wanting to talk about him. I don't think he's though through the implications of his escalation, I think he's become used to other people backing down because of his bullying behavior.

If the intent is to prevent people talking about him, failure to successfully litigate will produce the exact opposite effect he claims to have wanted.

He'll be the Barbara Streisand of "activists".

Lloyd is notorious for creating an illusion that they are hurting for money and needing everything to be crowdfunded. On his last trip to Australia a collection was taken up amongst the locals that ended up covering his entire family's trip when you damn well know he could have afforded it.

I can't imagine taking money of people, who may not be particularly wealthy and are there only because they have already been a victim of something, just to be able to live it large and go on vacation.

Totally amoral IMO, which means he has a matching pair when it comes to not being moral (amoral + immoral)

• vienne
    vienne

Dear Idiot Atty Representing Lloyd - the Mental Health Case - Evans:

I do not live in Croatia. I am not subject to Croatian law. My comments are allowed under United States laws. But please do pursue this. The more lawyers fees Mr. Evans must pay, the better.

Best regards,

Annie, Fürstin of Something or Other.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH
    Lloyd is notorious for creating an illusion that they are hurting for money and needing everything to be crowdfunded.

I'm wondering if he will create a crowdfunding page for the litigation at some point. My guess is that he will.

I'm of the same mind as Simon on this- I think Evans sees this whole scenario playing out a certain way, and he is taking a very big risk as a result. Presumably, he'll see the litigation through, then at the end he'll claim some kind of victory or vindication. It's not about collecting from anyone. He probably hopes to have a judgment to wave around, but I think he'll also claim a win as long as there are no formal replies made in court.

But that's more than just an empty victory. His detractors and critics will declare open season on him. Having spent money to file several ultimately useless lawsuits, he won't want to do that again. What are his options then? Ask his followers to fight for him? How many of them will even be left at that point? His take-no-prisoners, with-me-or-against-me act will see him burning one bridge after another, until there's nothing left but scorched earth. Then what?

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Lloyd is notorious for creating an illusion that they are hurting for money and needing everything to be crowdfunded. On his last trip to Australia a collection was taken up amongst the locals that ended up covering his entire family's trip when you damn well know he could have afforded it.
    When a family of four is being flown to the other side of the planet on other people's generosity is the point where activism isn't really activism anymore. It's a front for living a rather comfortable lifestyle, which is why he is so angry and is lashing out with lawsuits.

I tried to say something to this effect on the thread on this board about the Australian gathering.

I'm not going to say much more but it has been glaringly obvious he has used the generosity and kind heartedness, in particular, of two people who used to be on this board quite often. Whom I watched awaken.

I felt deflated because I had my one and only contra temps with Dub stepped over it. I tried to explain to him privately it really wasn't born of resentment. I just really hate seeing people taken advantage of. I think mainly because it's happened to me so often in my life it's....as the kids say.....quite triggering for me.😜

• Vintage
    Vintage
    “I tried to say something to this effect on the thread on this board about the Australian gathering.”

At least you know you “tried”, Diogenesister. I’ve spoken out in a similar fashion on other (completely “other”) issues, and it’s been as though I were shouting out into “outer space”, where my voice ceased to be heard. So, I know the feeling. Was it just the wrong time for anyone to listen or understand?

• Vintage
    Vintage

Simon, I'm not here to make enemies. I've been enjoying the Comradery on this Thread. But I'd like to add my voice along with three others who have mentioned this. I don't like the extremely foul language used by WingCommander in his post on page 256. I would like for you to delete that post. Sometime in the future, I may support whole-heartedly a post that WingCommander makes, and I hope he will do the same for me. I worked for a money-transfer company for ten years. When management put me answering calls on the complaint line, I heard every offensive designation known to humankind, ...and I'm bilingual in Spanish, so I heard double the bad words that most of you know. Some operators threatened to quit if they weren't allowed a break from the complaint line. I'd just rather not be inundated with grossly foul language when I come here. Thanks.

• Simon
    Simon

I've 'starred' out the worst words so the original intent can still be read but it's not quite so in-your-face.

I usually take the stance that the language has to match the occasion. Sometimes the exact same words may be removed on one topic and not in another, it comes down to whether they are warranted or not. In this case I can see people becoming angry and heated, so I tend to be more relaxed about things but appreciate when people can show a little more restraint.

• KIMSILVIO
    KIMSILVIO
    He probably hopes to have a judgment to wave around, but I think he'll also claim a win as long as there are no formal replies made in court.

He will be lucky to have a court case to wave around let alone a judgement…..

• KIMSILVIO
    KIMSILVIO
    I'm not going to say much more but it has been glaringly obvious he has used the generosity and kind heartedness, in particular, of two people who used to be on this board quite often. Whom I watched awaken.

I will second that comment.

Guys I actually think he thinks he's batman. Or he thinks that we're evil masterminds trying to destroy him. XD

(also some of my previous posts involving screenshots disappeared? Anything

I did? Not angry or anything just curious : O

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit