It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

I've been referring to him all this time as The Great Neck-Bearded Clam, and Hemorrhoid Evans.

Was that wrong? Am I now in line to be a Criminal Defendant? ((( GASP! )))

The horror.....the Horror......

• usualusername1
    usualusername1

I humbly accept that I am the winner!

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

So what is his future? When the number of people giving him money falls below a certain number he will have to get a job?

what is that number?

• Journeyman
    Journeyman
    what is that number?

Well, he felt it necessary to making a begging video when it was at 387, and in it he said he needed a minimum of 500 to keep the channel going as it is in the longer term, if I recall correctly.

However, he's clearly got headroom in there. He could lay off Tibor first, for example. And he's presumably inflated the figure above his absolute minimum to give himself extra spending.

• Toblerone5
    Toblerone5

It's now 12pm in San-francsico ,the Patreon number still 485 so...

• Tamalam
    Tamalam

I reckon once it all dries up and he's forced to get a job, he'll flee back to the UK.

He will expect dijana to move the children for him, and if she doesn't, he will cry about how evil his ex wife is and the world is against him.

A few more plugs for money will happen along the way, using the kids as bait. 'Help me fly my kids over to see me, Kim Silvio broke my marriage and caused my kids to be kept from me'

Just my predictions for the next couple years.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

Well, he felt it necessary to making a begging video when it was at 387, and in it he said he needed a minimum of 500 to keep the channel going as it is in the longer term, if I recall correctly.

I know it's irritating, but we're making the mistake of believing him. Go with the assumption that everything he says is an outright lie or a manipulation of the facts.

To clarify (per Lloyd, so none of this is really true): Lloyd said he needs the following numbers of Patrons and YT membership COMBINED:

620 - Says the channel can "grow" but does not specify how. He actually made it to over 700 in April, but in reality he hasn't done shit to "grow" the channel.

500 - Says this is the minimum to "break even". In other words, he'll still keep to his level of videos, but he won't be too happy doing it because he thinks he should be getting more.

He might have 485 patrons, but we don't know what the YT membership numbers are. They were over a hundred in late April according to him. If he's losing Patrons, he's also losing them there. We just don't know how much. I'd guess he has less than 100 now. He only had a couple dozen before the begging stunt.

Even best case scenario - 485 Patrons + 100 YT Memberships gets him to 585 - 35 short of where he wants it.

As for the truth: Speculation rather. I think at 387 patrons he was doing OK on a personal level. I reckon he had already arrived at or was nearing the point where he'd have to cut his pay in order to keep Tibor and he didn't want that. He could have sacked him, but it would have doubled his work load and he definitely didn't want that. That is probably why he said he said he was 700 Euros short of payroll. But don't believe that figure or even that he was short. He was just trying to make people believe he was hurting for money. The company tax filings indicated that they had over 8000 euros in the bank, so that was a total fabrication. Do the math - 700 Euros is less than 8000. He wasn't short on payroll.

Again, no responsibility for tarnishing his brand and refusing to put in the work to create better content. Instead he puts his hand out like he's owed it. He got to keep Tibor and keep his wife paid, but it came at a huge cost. It gave him some temporary breathing room, but it wasn't a long term fix. He's ruined himself and band-aids won't fix it.

• Journeyman
    Journeyman

Good summary. Yeah, I remembered he'd said it was a combined figure with YT and Patreon, but as you say, I'm sure he inflated what was necessary to give himself more.

I reckon he had already arrived at the point where he'd have to cut his pay in order to keep Tibor and he didn't want that. He could have sacked him, but it would have doubled his work load and he definitely didn't want that.

Not only that, but his ego likes the idea of being someone's "boss", having someone follow him and dependent on him for a wage (look at his constant comments about having a "team" to make himself sound more important). He also doesn't want to have to admit defeat in any way. Getting rid of Tibor would go against both those character traits, so he really doesn't want to have to do it. It would probably hurt him even more than losing the Bunker/Ramacro.

It's probably inevitable though. Either he will eventually be unable to pay Tibor (and keep his own level of disposable income), or they will have a disagreement and Lloyd will do what he always does with people who argue with him, or Tibor will simply outgrow the man-child and his ways and move on.

• Simon
    Simon
    Honestly, he doesn't even have to edit much if he doesn't want to. All Tibor adds is a nice filter on top. But do ex-jws really care that much about how well something is edited? Especially when 99% of the content is interview/podcast style? Like really?

Exactly. Sure, "production values" are nice, but I don't think I've ever watched a video or not watched on because of that, it's all about the content. That is what you're watching for.

If anything, it seems off when something is too slick, especially when it's something that money needed to be raised for work and has instead been spent on equipment and increased production costs.

I reckon once it all dries up and he's forced to get a job, he'll flee back to the UK.

I could see him going back to claim welfare (wouldn't surprise me if he already claimed while living abroad). The wife and kids are handy to increase how much he can claim.

But the cost of living in Croatia has to be low, so it's probably a better gig to beg on the internet for those in higher earning countries to send money, not realizing what it translates to.

I know it's irritating, but we're making the mistake of believing him. Go with the assumption that everything he says is an outright lie or a manipulation of the facts.

I agree, he could have 2,000 patreons and it drop to 1,500, and he's be making the same begging videos. We simply cannot believe anything he says as he's a consistent liar. He seems like one of those people that lies when there is not even a need to, but he get's a kick out of misleading someone or getting away with something.

• Journeyman
    Journeyman
    But the cost of living in Croatia has to be low, so it's probably a better gig to beg on the internet for those in higher earning countries to send money, not realizing what it translates to.

Good point. If he were to settle back in the UK, he would have to do a real job to earn real money and pay his way.

Also, he keeps whining about how 'corrupt' he thinks the UK is because it has a royal family and because Brexit happened. Really, I think that's a cover for the fact he knows he can't set foot in the UK for too long without his past catching up with him. I'll bet there are elders from his former congregations who might still want to pursue him over his past (a lot of which is still murky and unresolved) and that might lead to other consequences he doesn't want.

So no, I really don't think he'll return permanently to the UK. If for some reason he had to leave Croatia, he'd probably rather go somewhere else - like Thailand where he can still live cheaply but also have his other "interests" catered for.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit