It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.
    ...many have observed that JWs used to convert ordinary people to the religion back in the day. Now, apart from people born into the religion, it’s mostly societal misfits or people with severe psychological hardships who come into the congregation.

👍👍👍

So very true!

• Toblerone5
    Toblerone5

I wonder how is Fan Art request ,for the background of the Arttic is going...

Cause I have a suggestion...

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

"Two: give your junk a phone to schedule an entire trip to Thailand during Xmas."

Question: If Lloyd did this, would he put his junk in the box, or would his junk technically be putting itself in the box (since he has no mastery over it)?

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

To be fair, as horrible a they were, neither Hitler, Pol Pot, or Jack the Ripper had a seemingly autonomous penis, incapable of being mastered, scheduling entire Christmas vacations to Thailand for the express purpose of borking girls definitely over 20 years old.

In this regard Lloyd seems to be in a class all by himself.

• pr0ner
    pr0ner

To keep up with proper nomenclature Lloyd should be referred to as a "sex pest". This is a term used on a lot of newer social channels to warn people of folks like him.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    KimS I find this fascinating…..how do I not know who this person (Karen) is? Where did she go? She certainly wasn’t part of Lloyd’s team since my involvement - does anyone know?

Karen was Lloyds go-to whenever he did anything about CSA, usually a Watchtower in Focus. Yes, It was a while back now. WIF (later JW Watch) was in my view the most worthwhile content Lloyd has ever produced.

In fact Karen was noticeably the only woman he regularly worked with....this began to be noticed. But as his media visibility increased he seemed to intentionally avoid the experienced, older women activists in favour of the occasional interview with (always a pretty) youngster - newly awake - who would pop up on social media. In fact you could pick out the ones you knew he'd reach out to as soon as they appeared😂. Honestly it was embarrassing....and he'd always antagonise the O.G. female apostates, sometimes becoming downright nasty about them, like "Jane" who ran a CSA recovery blog, now closed down.

This is Karen (Simon may not want this here though understandably?)

https://youtu.be/5sZK8adpJuE

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    KimS I met lloyd through sherri and Sasha

Lovely people. I remember when Sacha tentatively sought out advice here on how to wake up his wife. He got some excellent advice...So glad it worked out well!!

Lloyd frequently said he had no interest in providing support to new leavers who turned to JW survey - and him - as they woke up. Facing the prospect of being shunned and loosing everything. Some were young and homeless. Some were suicidal. He made it abundantly clear he would not respond to personal emails....unless they were from Bethelites, or elders with a good "story".

So Sherri and Sacha stepped in....lending his lousy website some credibility as a genuinely good resource. Marc O Donnel had already started reporting remarkably well on legal cases, given he didn't have a background. The site became more than a rehash of JWfacts info & a survey no one took.

But then they scored Kim Silvio! Kim you gave them the sort of professionalism that won JWWatch the trust of media outlets and more importantly apostates worldwide.

• Simon
    Simon
    Lloyd frequently said he had no interest in providing support to new leavers who turned to JW survey - and him - as they woke up. Facing the prospect of being shunned and loosing everything. Some were young and homeless. Some were suicidal. He made it abundantly clear he would not respond to personal emails....unless they were from Bethelites, or elders with a good "story".

Yeah, but I bet he'd respond promptly if someone who left was successful & wealthy and looking for ways to spend their money on exJW "activism".

• Toblerone5
    Toblerone5

So Sherri and Sacha stepped in.

From is interview video of june 21 2023 ,Isabella Estes...Looks like they still support him

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    So Sherri and Sacha stepped in.

Aren’t these the two who went out of pocket for $15K AUD to support Lloyd and family’s trip to Australia? I had always assumed it was but have no first hand knowledge. I understand if this is private and can’t be confirmed in public.

I bet he'd respond promptly if someone who left was successful & wealthy and looking for ways to spend their money on exJW "activism".

I remember during the AAWA launch how “nice Lloyd” made his first ever appearance. Little known fact: this forum was initially VERY supportive of him and AAWA upon launch. You could tell he was in a state of bliss and was just feeding off the positive energy. He was also making all these plans, even promising to make his long promised first appearance at the annual Tahoe meetup, saying barely disguised things like “if things end up like I foresee”. Meaning of course if he were given the salary he expected and his travel round the world were compensated.

Anyway, nice Lloyd lasted for about as long as his AAWA payday hopes lasted. Probably a few weeks. He was answering any and all questions addressed to him, inviting people to email him and answering PMs. He didn’t step in and start any of the usual fights.

Once this site started calling the grift out and the doxxing scandal, he never let his displeasure go, taking cheap shots at the site owner and other prominent posters. Called us a “peanut gallery” and an “anti-activist forum”.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit