It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• cleanideas
    cleanideas

Lloyd's Phony Litigation and Kim Silvio Strikes Back!

https://youtu.be/0FDTYlAaP64

• jaydee
    jaydee

jesus christ ! ,... It's Jesus Christ

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/WQ2jjwxgZe4/hqdefault.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEWCKgBEF5IWvKriqkDCQgBFQAAiEIYAQ==&rs=AOn4CLC5flAdrPGQiUx184I-F_PH8z36Aw

• Simon
    Simon

Yeah, that whole "I'll let you be the judge ..." followed by "OMG, you're judging me? I'm afraid I'll have to add you to the litigation" LOL

• Marbles
    Marbles

Only a Judge can Order someone to pay money. Lloyd is not the Judge in his own case. The only thing that is happening so far is a dispute, and a third party, the Judge, will mediate the dispute, if it ever gets that far. Any mention of "criminal behavior" by either party, including claims of "extortion," is not correct unless a Prosecutor has reviewed the case (District Attorney in the U.S.) and is willing to file and press criminal charges. Extortion in the criminal sense usually involves threats of violence. Not defending LE, but there is a lot of misinformation going around about how the legal system works (in the U.S.).
    1. First step for complaining party is to send a "Cease and Desist" letter (LE's letter did not have this heading).
    2. If parties continue to make videos in dispute, the next step is to file a Personal Injury Lawsuit for Defamation, Libel, Slander, and serve a copy of this Complaint to all parties. Email is usually not a sufficient means to send notice to parties at this point. Use certified mail. Parties will then be aware of the specific complaints against them and will be given a certain time period (like 60 days) to file what is called an Answer.
    3. Parties filing an Answer will list all affirmative defenses, such as the facts, proof that they are telling the TRUTH, substantiated by LE's own video.
    4. Parties filing an Answer may also submit signed affidavits (sworn statements on a form called a Declaration, which may easily downloaded in pdf format) by their own You Tube subscribers as witnesses to this fiasco.
    5. Judge reviews both the Complaint and Answer and supporting evidence like affidavits and makes a Judgment. If Judge thinks defamation, etc. has in fact occurred, he may Order a monetary amount to be paid. Plaintiff (person filing the Complaint) has to specify costs of Attorneys, and usually actual damages, which are the real monetary damages lost, and other damages, like punitive damages, or intentional infliction of emotional distress, only if all the paper work is filled out correctly and all procedures and rules of court are followed. Rules of Court can be extreme, to the point of how many inches there can be between a two hole punch, and inches of margins.
    6. Then Lloyd has to collect the money- which is a whole 'nother issue. The burden is on him to collect.

So, first of all, good luck getting a Prosecutor to file criminal charges here. Likely not going to happen. Paperwork is just not fun. Second, good luck collecting on any money awards even if they are granted by the Judge.

That's just a brief summary of how the case might legitimately proceed. This is why most reasonable people hate law suits.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

I read the response letters. They were very thorough. I imagine it was because the responses were meant to be public...

But in reality, you don't have to respond at all. Or if you want:

-----------------------------

Dear Mr Lloyd Cedars,

I will not retract anything I said. If you want to take legal action, go for it. Make sure you sue in my jurisdiction. I welcome the opportunity for discovery, and the opportunity to appear before a neutral party. I would absolutely love to play your video, again and again, in a public forum for a permanent record. Official documentation that your penis is beyond control. Also, if I'm forced to defend against a real legal action, you can be sure I'll counter for all my legal fees.

Now, please go play hide and go fork yourself.

X0X0,

<name>

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

Thanks for finding the video Toblerone5! My daughter saw the picture on here and wanted to know if it was a photoshopped picture or real. I said there is a video of him wearing the stupid hat.

• CalvinistEmily
    CalvinistEmily

I think it's from the November 2020 JW Broadcasting rebuttal video, about an hour in.

Hello everyone btw! I'm the ex-Calvinist from Lloyd's voicemail 25, I wish I'd found this site and all the other fantastic people helping everyone recover from spiritual abuse, before I called that punter's show and definitely before I gave him any money. Part of the reason my family is so emotionally reticent is that my grandmother had severe PTSD after surviving the Semarang Incident and seeing so many of her friends trafficked into brothels, so hearing my superchat money probably went on abusing another trafficked south-east Asian woman made me sick with rage. He did give decent advice in that one to be fair to him (even if he did plug his book) but it's not worth that.

Thank all of you for your work and genuine care for people. You don't strike me as seeking fame and glory (unlike some!) but I do hope you get the recognition you deserve. <3

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

CalvinistEmily,

That is just it. Actual activists aren't seeking fame, they're seeking exposure for their cause. Lloyd wants fame. He wants to be the main voice for all things ex-Jehovah's Witness. I don't fault the man's ambition. What I personally find fault with is his tactics. He doxed people that he considered rivals. He bullies anybody that has a difference of opinion. He tried to steal the copyrighted work of Raymond Franz after Ray died to publish as his own. Those things were bad enough, but to claim to be an advocate for the sexually abused while seeking out prostitutes every two to three months for a period of three or four years is where people who care must take a stand.

• Simon
    Simon
    He wants to be the main voice for all things ex-Jehovah's Witness. He doxed people that he considered rivals.

I think he wants to be the only voice for all things ex-JW, at least on YouTube.

I imagine his YouTube channel is really his main platform for making money, and it's telling that he seems to have put most effort into driving away others who made videos in the past and even now appears to be targeting those who have youtube channels.

The lawsuit thing may really just be a pretence / opportunity to try to shut down a few more channels, that he sees as competition. Anything that potentially takes clicks away from his videos.

I think we need to do better promoting other channels, so I'm going to create a section on the site for anyone who's interested to list their channels and videos, and we can maybe categorize them into what to watch for different subjects, kind of a guided tour for people who are newly exiting to catch up and for people to hear more alternative and balanced voices.

• CalvinistEmily
    CalvinistEmily

I wasn't aware of all of his previous scandals until this latest one, but it's a lot. And then getting angry when the copyright holder, who'd been dealing with an illness, told him to C&D. Ridiculous.

Incidentally, the IJA never gave any reparations or apology for the survivors of the "comfort women" policy (many of whom weren't even women yet, my grandmother was 15 when her friends of similar age were trafficked), and they justified it by saying it was "necessary" for the soldiers to have a sub-class of women and girls available to rape and sexually assault.
    A bit like "it was 2-3 months between, I'm not sure I would need to more than that". That's what his video reminded me of.

I think we need to do better promoting other channels, so I'm going to create a section on the site for anyone who's interested to list their channels and videos, and we can maybe categorize them into what to watch for different subjects, kind of a guided tour for people who are newly exiting to catch up and for people to hear more alternative and balanced voices.

Good idea! Lloyd's already given you a list to start with: all the people added to the litigation... :D

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit