Does anyone think Jehovah is protecting the org. despite all the talk about THE ARC ?

by tor1500 105 Replies latest jw friends

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi All,

I've been thinking this for a while. Even before the ARC scandal. It seems no matter what, the ORG. lives on. But ever since the ARC, I've been reading many of the post regarding it & nothing comes out of it. The org. doesn't want to comply, the ARC doesn't really want to let them have it & tell them what they are doing is wrong & do something about it. It just seems folks are dragging it out. To me it's a clear cut case....the brothers never told the police & also told the victims not to tell the police. That is the meat & potatoes of the scandal. 2 witness rule (ah, who would molest a child if they had a witness or audience) ? The victim has to face their abusers..blah blah blah...Bottom line...The Judge or whatever the head of this thing is should ask point blank to the Brothers....WHY DID YOU TELL THEM NOT TO TELL THE POLICE... maybe I'm naïve, but that's cut & dry...to me that's a question that would make them squirm. No matter how they would come with some convoluded answer, I would continue to ask....WHY DID YOU TELL THEM NOT TO TELL THE POLICE..I would sound like a broken record. First they would have to admit they told them & 2nd if they didn't tell them, why didn't they tell them to go to the police ? Either way....they are wrong. Do you think Jehovah is protecting the org. because if the ORG. would admit it many would just fall apart....any thoughts ?PS: The answer is that they pointed fingers at other religions & they can't handle it if the fingers get pointed back at them...The pot calling the kettle black.

Tor

• just fine
    just fine
    Nope - not now, not ever. People used to trust what religious organizations said - they don't anymore, because people who claim to be the chosen ones of God are the worst liars there are.
  • atomant
    atomant
    Basically the org is asking people to lie by asking others not to say anything to anyone.We all know what the bible says about liars.
  • redvip2000
    redvip2000

Do you think Jehovah is protecting the org.?

No. Well i don't believe in Jehovah, but if I did, how would that make any sense? If Jehovah wanted to protect the bOrg, he would prevent that damaging action by the ARC to be initiated in the first place.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

If by "Jehovah" you mean the GB then yes the GB are doing whatever it takes to protect their asses.

If by "Jehovah" you mean some unidentified wealthy influential pedophile lover with connections in high places protecting the org then yes that's possible as well.

But, since "Jehovah" is just brandname for this cult then I don't really see how it has any power to protect.

Money on the hand, money protects and WT has plenty of it.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I must admit that thought never crossed my mind. I think they have gotten away with their abuse because they are a cult and keep people in the dark as they have so much control.

The government doesn't do anything because religion is a sacred cow and most governments do not want to get involved, as it's very hard to prove anything when most everyone involved is afraid to say anything.

I do think eventually it will catch up to them if they don't reform.

• Makemeanunbeliever
    Makemeanunbeliever
    Yes it's highly possible. Bad things happen when humans make decisions. You don't just discard a religion based on problems. Good must be weighed against bad. Creator scales may differ from ours.
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Most JWs don't know about the ARC. Keeping people in the Borg in the dark, they think God is protecting the Borganization.
  • John Free
    John Free

If Jehovah was leading the governing body by means of holy spirit then the Jehovah's witness organisation would lead the world when it comes to child protection policy. Instead their record is shockingly woeful, and 'the world' has to educate Jehovah's witnesses, as it did in the ARC.

Make me an unbeliever its no good picking and choosing when the organisation is 'imperfect' and when its 'God directed'- really any religion can make that excuse.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

MMAU - Just wondering, (and I know I am going to regret asking) sooo if you don't discard your religion because of problems at what point, pray tell, would you consider a problem with your religion to be a deal breaker? Cyanide flavoured Koolaid??

The WT has been pointing the finger at the RCC for decades and telling people to "get out of her" because of the very sins it itself is committing.

God doesn't promise to protect the asses of false religion and yes that includes WT, he warns people to wake up and get the hell out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit