Does anyone think Jehovah is protecting the org. despite all the talk about THE ARC ?

by tor1500 105 Replies latest jw friends

• Listener
    Listener
    Fisherman - WT must obey the law but they have always proclaimed that they must obey God as ruler rather than men. That is something that they have died for. And they mean business. Caesar will deal with the WT -not you buddy, no matter how much you hate them. That is what the judicial fact finding process is all about. The Courts there in Australia are dealing with the WT and it don't seem to me that they have any interest in injustice. RC means business too. Let them handle it chief. -And re-read my posts.
    This is not the first time that the WT has been under legal attack. Read about

If it was just left up to the RC/Caesar to work all this out they would have been led up the garden path by the WTBTS. Who do you think told them that they had relevant internal documents missing, such as the Branch Instruction Manual or that GB member Geoffrey Jackson would be an important witness (and was in Australia) and much more information that they were not initially aware of? Your saying that it is none of their business, the RC doesn't see it that way.

• Acts5v29
    Acts5v29

Do you think Jehovah is protecting the org. because if the ORG. would admit it many would just fall apart

Just because they call themselves after the Creator, doesn't mean they will be protected, and just because they call themselves after the Creator does not mean they are the "one-true-religion" - just because a can is labelled "prime steak" does not mean it isn't really dog food.

They rely on their chosen Name to repel all criticisms, but that is a sin they will have to answer for.

• freddo
    freddo
    In answer to the original question - I do not believe Jehovah protects anybody.
  • Half banana
    Half banana

Beyond Freddo's point - I do not believe there would be the slightest difference if you substituted the name Mickey Mouse with the name Jehovah.

Tell me how you could possibly know the difference?

• Acts5v29
    Acts5v29
    The name "Jehovah's Witnesses" implies being God's possession - and implies that those outside are not.
  • cappytan
    cappytan
    Fisherman: why is Satan's system doing a better job than Jehovah's organization at protecting children?
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp
    No. I think over the next year or so you will see a dramatic drop in numbers. People are starting to talk and let's face it, JW's are on the internet. The hype of the 100 year thing is over, the new Bible lost is excitement and Jw dot org is loosing it's newness. People are leaving or still going and voting with their wallets. Time will tell but I think it is coming.
  • GoneAwol
    GoneAwol

Fishyman:

"JW do not have an army and they do not use legal proceedings or political power or any other means whatsoever to get back at entities or to protect themselves"

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/charity-commission-defends-its-investigation-into-jehovahs-witness-charity-in-the-court-of-appeal

Read it Fishyman. They`ve been trying to get out of this commission for ages. Using all LEGAL MEANS possible!!! You know nothing about your own religion.

• MarkofCane
    MarkofCane

I say no way. The ARC was the nail in the coffin for me, why would God allow his Earthly organization to be humiliated? Why would god allow or need his Org to lie to protect criminals/ pedophiles? Why would God not give these men (Elders and GB members) holy spirit so words of wisdom and discernment would of been obviously heard? Why wasn't this inquiry (ARC) not use to sanctify gods name and proclaim his sovereignty? The GB Jackson had the opportunity to use this platform to show the world that God is using them as his anointed to spread truth to the world instead he "LIED".

After watching this spectacle, it became painfully obvious you just seen the 'wizard of OZ behind the curtain' This is the best God could send to lead mankind into a new era of enlightenment and truth. In my opinion it just revealed what they are frauds.

• Island Man
    Island Man

There is a passage in the NT (one of the gospels I believe) where Jesus said that his followers would be brought to courts to face charges and that they should not prepare their defense in advance because holy spirit will enable them, in that hour, to speak with irrefutable wisdom that their prosecutors could not counter.

Compare this with the performance of Geoffrey Jackson and all the other JWs who testified at the ARC. Did they speak with any impressive, irrefutable wisdom that suggests divine backing? So the poor performance of the JWs - and especially Geoffrey Jackson - at the ARC is actually powerful scriptural proof that the JW organization does not have Jehovah's backing.

Be sure to find and use that scripture by Jesus when mentioning the ARC to JWs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit