Special Pioneer Couple Living at a Kingdom Hall In Miami FL, get the dreaded Letter

by James Jack 96 Replies latest jw experiences

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Yes, regular worldly people lose their jobs and can't afford their rent and worse everyday. That's life.

I'm sure this demotion will be a rude awakening for these SPs, but, again, that's life.

• fulano
    fulano

They will get over it, just like we did out of missionary-service.

The thing to do is forget full-time service rightaway and concentrate on getting a reallife and dollars. That's what helped me out.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Since the KH properties are zoned for religious use, would zoning bylaws permit full time living accommodation? Perhaps the apartment is designated as a 'Rectory' for a Pastor, Priest, Vicar, etc, to reside in.

Incognito ...

I haven't read all the links but I don't see how the Society could lose their tax exempt status unless the same applied, as you mentioned, to Pastors, Priests, Vicars, etc. A Special Pioneer is, by definition, in total full time service and subsidized to do that by Mother.

I don't see how that is anything different from Bethel service, IMO.

Rub a Dub

• truthlover
    truthlover

Seems like so many have hit on some aspects of our life.. hubby an elder, left a govt job to pursue ft pioneer service pre 1975, nothing happened! He put in hours and hours with pubs who had marriage, money, emotional issues although not a professional in any of these avenues by any means, just felt he had to do it to help... nights and days, anytime - studying with other kids while his saw very little of him... using up what funds we had saved to help interested ones before the big A came at the end of the 6000 years in 1975.....

Then.... as I had not been brought up as a JW,but later became one, I found that post 75 I got a full time job, he quit FT pioneering-no money left and none being given to support us, and found part time work, and moved up from there, in 1980- that was it -- Both of us started putting extra monies away -- so from govt pensions, to monies saved, we get along but the faith we had is shattered... End times indeed - for the society!! Jehovah will cleanse from the inside or so the scripture goes - we just have to sit back and watch it implode while others who were not so wise will have to eake out a living in the "wicked world" some how - family, friends, hand outs -hopefully some have received courses at Bethel that will help...many congregations cant support the hall or those who are less fortunate, let alone be supporting those bethel has displaced. I really truly believe this has been a suck in job all along - its just so bad they have used Jehovah to build their real estate empire and lay the guilt trips on those who don't fall in line with their thinking we we did for years.......I relate to Leah Remini and her being outcast from the Scientology belief system..... I so relate....

• James Jack
    James Jack

When is enough is enough.

This older sister says that Corporate Members are becoming dimayed at was is going on.

• sir82
    sir82

This older sister says that Corporate Members are becoming dimayed at was is going on.

Don't quite follow...does "corporate members" mean "Bethelites"?

• James Jack
    James Jack
    I had to Google what a cooperate member of the Watchtower Society is and found out that there is 500 of these voting members that are or were Bethelites.
  • Brainfloss
    Brainfloss

I wonder what the laws in Florida are like. Does the couple have a lease? they could just make the wtbs evict them from the apartment.

brainfloss

• tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd
    I doubt they have a lease, but even if you allow someone to stay in your house rent free you have to give them 30 days notice before you evict them.
  • cantleave
    cantleave

I remember being told as a kid that a career in Jehovah's organisation was a career for life and forever!

I am glad I decided to study chemistry and then get an MBA. I'd be well and truly screwed now if I took the advice of the CO's......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit