Special Pioneer Couple Living at a Kingdom Hall In Miami FL, get the dreaded Letter

by James Jack 96 Replies latest jw experiences

• James Jack
    James Jack

Just got a phone call from an older Sister saying that a couple that got re-assigned from Bethel 4 years ago to live at their KH apartment as Special Pioneers, just received a letter saying "As of January 2016, Your Special Pioneer Assignment will be discontinued".

They live in a South Miami KH(Snapper Creek Congregation).

This couple had only served in Bethel for 15 years before they were sent out into the Special Pioneer Work. They are now in their mid 50's and the Sister said that they have to find part time jobs to support themselves.

The older Sister (does not have a PC or Internet), says that the couple are just devastated!

• freddo
    freddo
    Do they lose the apartment as well?
  • suavojr
    suavojr
    See you later and stay warm! How loving from mother
  • sir82
    sir82

Yikes!

Somewhere on this forum there was a comment that they weren't doing this to SPs over age 50. I guess they are after all.

If they were in Bethel for 15 years and 4 as SPs, maybe they worked until they were in their mid-30's?

If so, at least they ought to get something of a pittance from Social Security, if they manage to hang on for 10-15 more years.

Maybe they can at least subsist on canned cat food, rather than dry.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Part of me feels sorry for them but the other (evil) side of me doesn't. What did these people expect from the "most loving brotherhood on earth." Use em up and spit em out!

When my spouse was laid off 2x's over the past few years....guess what? She/he had to go find another job! Welcome to the real world. Welcome to our world!!

Just sayin.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher
    Freddo - they lose their accommodation and they have to find a new residence and employment for themselves.
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    I new the over 50 thing was a lie. Even if they didn't at first they would quietly later.
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

So much for: "Trust in Jehovah with all your heart, And do not rely on your own understanding. In all your ways take notice of him, And he will make your paths straight." - Proverbs 3:5-6
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

Its ok if they just trust the desert god all will be well

as Sam Heard would nicely say, they have been INVITED to be regular pioneers now

• Sofia Lose
    Sofia Lose

The whole State of FL is in no need of special pioneers!

Good!!!

How I would love to see something similar happen to the COs, those pompous green-handshaking asses!!!

SL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit