Special Pioneer Couple Living at a Kingdom Hall In Miami FL, get the dreaded Letter

by James Jack 96 Replies latest jw experiences

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

"The Watchtower has always said; Jehovah will take care of you",

jehovah IS taking care of them

invisibly

• Driving Force
    Driving Force

The Society recently bought a 1.6 million dollar house here in Wales for translators

This is something that amazes me, they could employ someone part time about 25 hours a week, and they would have the capacity to translate all the BS the bOrg produces. Naturally one translator per language, what would they need to pay them? No more than $ 2500.00 a month and the person could then also regular pioneer. So obviously the purchasing of these properties around the world have absolutely nothing to do with translations.
  • sir82
    sir82

How much do Special Pioneer's get in financial help from the WTBTS?

In the USA: $600 per month cash ($1200 total for the typical SP couple); free health care (in the US, probably worth at least $500-$800 per month per person); reimbursement for gasoline spent on "theocratic" activities (got to imagine a little truth-stretching there, on what is "theocratic"); a few hundred dollars per year "clothing allowance"; very often, a free place to live (e.g., an apartment attached to an assembly hall or kingdom hall).

Not a life of luxury, but if the SP couple lives in an area where there are wealthy & generous & vaguely guilt-ridden JWs, they can live a decent lifestyle.

• James Jack
    James Jack
    I am thinking the WT Society is going to ask the local Congregations to financially support those who are being sent out of Bethel and assigned to an area.
  • Incognito
    Incognito
    For the last 15 years, many Kingdom Halls and Assembly Halls in the States that were built included Apartments.

This raises a question: Since the KH properties are zoned for religious use, would zoning bylaws permit full time living accommodation? Perhaps the apartment is designated as a 'Rectory' for a Pastor, Priest, Vicar, etc, to reside in.

• the comet
    the comet

I remember reading about this court case dealing with this kind of stuff...did a quick search, here it is-

http://www.publications.ojd.state.or.us/docs/TC4708A.htm

• the comet
    the comet
    Finally had a chance to read over that link I posted about the court case. Watchtower lost their tax exempt status of an apartment attached to a Kingdom Hall. Does anyone know what was the end result? Do they now pay property tax on that Kingdom Hall in Beaverton Oregon?
  • James Jack
    James Jack

Even though in essence they are apartments, I remember that on many KH building plans these rooms were called sometimes, study rooms, lounges, sanctuary rooms, etc because of zoning laws.

Also, I know many couples without children have willed their homes to the local congregation, which the could be used for those coming from Bethel or for retiring CO's.

Richard Moreland(retired DO) got a house given to him in Gadsden AL. I was told this is common in many of the US territories.

• Jesuit Scholar
    Jesuit Scholar

I don't post as often as I should. I asure you, I read and digest a lot that is posted. I strongly feel that this website shows a group of dedicated persons, from atheists and agnostics to even apologists. I mention this because it even seems to me, that this site is more like what Russell would recognize as a modernization of his group of Bible Students, Christian in nature, looking to answer questions that could lead to finding actual "Truth" versus an organized religion. A loose observation of even his wild opinions. Again, just my humble observation. I do though appreciate all of your work, your comments, and your sense of community.

On the topic of this post, though, it breaks my heart. It truly breaks my heart! I wish I could do something, however my own means would never come close to allow it.

I pray, with hope someone hears prayers, that they find the strength and that they can look for whatever happiness they can find, as they see such a terrible "reward" after a life-time of submission to an organization, not to the scriptural Jesus Christ. To me, it is incredibly damming of those who are causing so much heartless disdain and discharge.

I didn't wish to remain silent on this topic.

• life is to short
    life is to short

I just feel it's sad, not all of us who gave up our lives wanted glory. I did it because I really felt that is what God wanted me to do. I just think it is sad.

LITS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit