Special Pioneer Couple Living at a Kingdom Hall In Miami FL, get the dreaded Letter

by James Jack 96 Replies latest jw experiences

• cognac
    cognac
    Ugh, this is actually getting really sad... Didn't think I'd feel bad but I kinda do... ☹
  • James Jack
    James Jack
    Lou and Ruth Vaning are their names.
  • William Penwell
    William Penwell
    I am just so glad I did not get sucked into the SP bull 40 years ago. Lets not forget the society pushed that the end was just around the corner and you had no need to plan for your future. Now the reality is that after all these years of banging on doors and doing what the society ask of you they are abandoned.
  • William Penwell
    William Penwell

I am glad I decided to study chemistry and then get an MBA. I'd be well and truly screwed now if I took the advice of the CO's......

Yeah I worked for 36 years for the same company with a good pension plan and I am able to retire and live comfortably. Even though I did not have a great paying job as we were told not to get a higher education, I had a good paying job. It is funny though if I was still in the organization that they would have their money grubbing hands open for donations. If I would have listened to the organization I would have nothing

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Now the reality is that after all these years of banging on doors and doing what the society ask of you they are abandoned.

William Penwell

You just didn't have a clear vision of the future.

A true visionary would have been investing in the Internet, grabbing the name JW.org and investing in companies that make the little carts we now use for field service.

Rub a Dub

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Glad I left Bethel in 2005. I was there for almost 10 years. I arrived when I was 24 and left at 32 to start my life over. Feel bad for the ones who were not as fortunate.

https://www.facebook.com/benjamin.orozco2

• blondie
    blondie

I was thinking about this and how the WTS talks about how their authority was diminished during WW2, behind the Iron Curtain where it was difficult or impossible to support any jw financially, dos, cos, special pioneers, or were doing so and the tone of the government changed quickly. Are these jws today expecting the WTS to take care of them financially through the great tribulation when the WTS says the whole world is going to attack them? Where is their trust in God they say they have?

Why do they think they are so special to except to be supported financially now and through the great tribulation; the WTS won't be supporting the rank and file jw.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit