Family is now reaping what they sowed and they don't like it.

by Gemmel 76 Replies latest jw experiences

• fulano
    fulano

You are 100% right. They have their people that take care of them, aint that what they always said? My parents can die I and won't even go to their funeral.

• Spiral
    Spiral

Gemmel, I agree with you 100%. Had I ever been treated like that, I wouldn't feel any obligation. And if by some miracle your mother got better and money wasn't needed, they would continue to shun you.

I've seen this scenario a lot in the last couple of years. I know of one drama like this right now. The parents have basically disowned their adult (now "out of the truth" children). Suddenly they are elderly and need help, and there is no one. When I heard this I said, have they had any relationship with their children over the years and was told no, they didn't speak. If that's the case, then why should the children help now? You really do reap what you sow.

But I see that the bOrg is at the beginnings of a HUGE problem. No one has any savings, time, or energy to care for themselves or elderly parents who have been in for decades. No infrastructure or support offered by the bOrg.

And - they are all like selfish children. Most of them give almost no care to their elderly ones, even if they are all still "in". It's as if they don't have the emotional maturity to care. Very dysfunctional. The bOrg has made everyone into children (mentally), and they can't cope with this stage of life, or caring for each other. It's really disturbing to watch (as a "inactive one" looking in from the outside).

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Give them the amount they deserve. Which is zero.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

You know, I was thinking for a second that you could be a saint and help anyways. However, they likely believe that you owe it to them. So, that would do nothing good.

If they ever get back to you on the subject, just make the following analogy to them: Imagine that you are presenting this story on the JW broadcast. I imagine the story would go along with this:

"My mother was experiencing difficulties, great difficulties. For a while, we even though about asking my apostate brother for help. But then, we decided to keep doing what we have been doing our entire life: put our trust in Jehovah! And so, just when we thought my sick mother could not bear anymore, our congregation pulled their resources together and bought <insert medical, basic needs here> for my mother. We cried and praised Jehovah who used his organization to help his lonely sheep."

Since JW preach throughout the planet how no one compares to their love, this would make a lot of sense, would it not? If it happens to you, if you experience God's hand in your life in such a way, than, brother, believe me, I am very happy for you. But seeing that I am not part of your belief system and that I am wicked in our families' eye, I will not take part in the solution. I fear I would contribute in violating your values and moral standards.

• Searril
    Searril

From the title I'm sure you know what my answer was. I've been expecting a call of this type and had decided well before what my answer would be. I must admit I did enjoy throwing back at him one of their favorite sayings.

Out of curiosity, which dub-saying did you use on them?

(I'm the type that has to admit I do get a kick out of using their own BS back on them.)

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Not sure I agree with your decision to cut off your family in a time of need but, as you said, it's your life! I think that I would have helped just to make them squirm in their hypocrisy. Being the bigger man sometimes takes swallowing our pride (and our hurt).

As we 'apostates' know, jw's are fine with receiving but not so good at giving when it comes to emotional support and true family love!

just saying!

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Your brother realized that much of the financial responsibility for your parents would fall on him. He saw you as an out.

Nice try.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I would do the exact same thing. I would tell them they need to put more trust in Jehovah and less in Satanic riches.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    eyeuse2badub: I would have helped just to make them squirm in their hypocrisy.

Unfortunately, they would likely take that for granted. They could even see it as Jehovah helping them through him, making him nothing more than a pond, a tool, with no merits, still worthy of destruction at Armageddon.

• out4good4
    out4good4

I'm sorry, but I would've done the same thing. How dare they cut you out of their lives cold turkey for 30 years then when they are in dire straights expect you to come in and save them.

Can't their spiritual brothers and sisters come to their aid? Or, how about that organization that they love so much?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit