Family is now reaping what they sowed and they don't like it.

by Gemmel 76 Replies latest jw experiences

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Spiral - "...they are all like selfish children..."

Honestly, I kinda suspect the WT wants 'em that way.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

In my case, my father who has declined mentally and was never a jw, needed help. My mother is a JW and has two of our sisters in the org to help her. But guess what? One refused along with her husband because the house had rats - that was too dangerous for their health - and they felt they had already done enough clearing out the front yard a few years ago. Plus they blamed her and my dad and felt that they should do it all alone. The other sister showed up occasionally during the almost year it took to make it safe for the parents to live in the house.

Probably if it was just my self righteous mom, it would have been left to the sisters who claimed to be the better people because they were jw's.

Afterwards, when the house was cleaned up of rats and piles of crap and old food, they came in like they were the saviors. I bet they patted themselves on the back for "saving" her from the wicked influence of the "good samaritans"

• Giordano
    Giordano

When my wife and I left the JW world some 5 decades ago they didn't DF someone who simply left the religion nor did they shun.

So here is the other side of that picture. You got to visit your uber JW parent(s), your sister, brother and their children etc. which was most often hell on wheels.

90% of those visits (two or three times a year) were toxic. Little to no interest in how we were doing, life wise, friends wise etc.

The only friends they were interested in were the 'friends'. No real interest in our son. How he was being raised and of course when are we coming back to Jehovah. It went on for decades......... they only wanted us to know about their JW world, our extended JW family, their JW congregation, JW assemblies and of course a catch up on all the still in JW cousins that we never heard from.

If they weren't talking about the faith it was still the 900 pound gorilla sitting in the room.

Believe it or not you lucked out.

As Dub said the other day......... Our Moms are the travel agent for quilt trips.

And yes it's bitter sweet......... it's family after all.......... but by their shunning they isolated our hurt so it never really healed.

• Spiral
    Spiral
    Spiral - "...they are all like selfish children..."

Honestly, I kinda suspect the WT wants 'em that way.

Absolutely they do. Easier to keep them all in line. It does nothing to help them cope in the real world, but the bOrg doesn't care about that.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

GEMMEL:

I approve of what you did if I were under the same circumstances! Some may disagree but they don’t realize the religion is murderous and heartless in their attitude of shunning - even of those of their own flesh and blood!!

Jehovah’s Witnesses, in general, have a lot of nerve imagining they are going to ask for money either from shunned family members OR people they denounced for having a decent job/career.

While I had no family in the religion, I was denounced for having a full time job. I was a single woman who HAD to support myself. Thankfully, I had the strength of character to resist these fools’ criticism and kept my job until retirement.

As others have pointed out, the religion is facing an internal crisis (of their own making) with all these older people who followed the religion’s dictates and did not get careers or plan for their retirement. I have NO pity for them and am not interested in their hard-luck stories. I’m glad I’m not there to have nervy bastards come up to ME with an envelope!👎🏻

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Jws turn their back toward humanity and their family that leave this lying corrupt cult, the results are never good.

• steve2
    steve2

Your mother marshalled the family into shunning you all those years ago. They treated you as one who is dead.

JWs should know the dead are unconscious and know nothing. As such, you cannot help.

On the other hand, if they resurrected you (I.e., apologised for treating you as one who is dead and welcomed you back into the family unconditionally) there might be room for negotiation.

But even then, accepting their apology and “open arms” are not givens.

This is what JW desperation looks like.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Just wondering, the saying that you should do to others the same that they do to you is based on a Bible Scripture, which one I have no idea. Did you quote that scripture to him when you denied his request? Hope so.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Good on you, yes many here would say be the bigger person and help out but screw that. These people are evil , so mind bent they can’t even think straight and would gladly pass you by if they saw you in the street beaten half to death by muggers.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

You are dead to me..but your money I want.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit