Family is now reaping what they sowed and they don't like it.

by Gemmel 76 Replies latest jw experiences

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Mom: Tell your brother that we still don't want to talk to him; we just want his money.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

In the situation as you describe it, I would think that if you offered your assistance they would give the credit to Jehover for providing for them in their time of need.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I was just reviewing 3rdgen's experience trying to get the WTB&TS to repay a loan. 3rdgen said,

"He wrote 3 letters with NO response so he called the desk asking if the letters had been received. The answer was: Yes, they received them. BUT she had (in her demented state) verbally "forgiven the loan" "Put her on welfare"

I was stunned! the WTB&TS is claiming that they had a VERBAL agreement from a dotard forgiving the loan! That's INCREDIBLE!

If the situation were different - If ordinary Brother Rank-and-File was asked to repay a conditional loan, the WTB&TS would offer the scriptural counsel that the loan SHOULD be repaid because there was NO PROOF it had been forgiven.

And >if< there really WAS a verbal forgiving of the loan, how STUPID is the WTB&TS for not immediately putting one of their attorneys on a plane to get that forgiven loan properly DOCUMENTED!

Wow! The balls on these guys!

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

WOW!!!! I support you, no matter what you chose to do!!!

I would have said. Give me and your address and I'll send a check to help out right away.

And the next day i would have sent a check Registered mail for $1, and told them that was all I cared enough to send!!

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

As to what they are going to do about the care needed by their mother I don't really care. They stopped being my family by their decision 30+ years ago and I stopped mourning for the family I thought I knew years ago.

These are my own thoughts exactly.

I wonder what my mother will do when her 2nd husband dies (he's on his last legs), and she hits 70+. Will she rely on my paranoid schizophrenic brother to look after her? Or my sisters who live on the other side of the country?

Me and my other brother are "dead to her" (her words) - so i wonder if she expects in a "resurrection" when she needs financial help in a few decades.

• satinka
    satinka

@Gemmel "Jayhoover provides" so let him do the providing. Your alienated family just needs to pray more, read their Bible more, and go in service more. I'm sure their "loving international brotherhood" will help out most generously, now that help is needed.

NOT!

Karma's a bitch!

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    3rdGenOnce we were out of Watchtower we had a legal consultation and found out that the cost of the lawsuit would likely be as much as we could prove they owed her.

Having said that 3rdGen Watchtower would have to pay both the amount of the loan back and any legal costs.

It also would be worth sending a note on legal headed paper warning you will be instigating proceedings and A) it's in their interests to pay back the loan so as to avoid costly legal fees they would have to pay back, too and B) you would ensure a journalist friend made sure it made the press/bring watchtower in reproach. Warn others not to make these loans.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit