Family is now reaping what they sowed and they don't like it.

by Gemmel 76 Replies latest jw experiences

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife
    JW-'splaining: When we started shunning you, we didn't mean for you to think we were letting you off the hook if we ever NEEDED you!
  • steve2
    steve2

Money talks when JWs don't.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

of course--you could pay up--if you can afford it. but on condition your brother never sets foot in a kingdom hall again. put the ball back in his court.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

I'm enjoying this thread Gemmel!

Your JW family is learning first hand what it feels like to be at the receiving end of such expressions as...'ain't karma a bitch' and 'what goes around, comes around'.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

my feelings exactly Gemmel

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Count me in as one who agrees with your decision to stay away from these toxic people- including your mother. FWIW: My experience was a little different yet may be helpful in this discussion.

Hubby and I are both only children. My when the time came that my mother needed care we were still active JWs. We went into deep debt in order to purchase a house that would be suitable for her needs.( Extra bedroom, wheelchair friendly, etc.)

She was an absolute ungrateful bit#h in every way and to top it off had dementia. She was impossible to live with. After a while, she declared that she didn't want to be cared for by us anymore! Goody! We put her in a nice rest home where her two brothers lived. The problem? It is expensive. She had squandered her multi-million dollar inheritance and was broke. So we paid for her care until we ourselves had to go bankrupt!

At this point, hubby, who was an ex Bethelite and knew some big wigs personally, wrote HQ a lovely letter explaining that Mom had been a faithful JW since she was baptized in 1937 at the same Seattle convention as WBTS president Max Larson. That she had been on a first name basis with Ted Jaracz, and over the years, her family had outright DONATED 7 figures of CASH to the WBTS. In addition, she had given a conditional LOAN from the LAST of her money. (he provided a copy of the loan on WT letterhead.doc

All we were asking for was for WTBTS to REPAY THE LAST MONEY SHE LOANED THEM.

He wrote 3 letters with NO response so he called the desk asking if the letters had been received. The answer was: Yes, they received them. BUT she had (in her demented state) verbally "forgiven the loan" "Put her on welfare" We were forced to do just that.

When she finally died, nobody told me until a week later. (we had left Watchtower and were being shunned by our ENTIRE extended families even though we weren't Dfed or DAed. When hubby asked the lady at the funeral home "Why didn't anyone tell my wife that her mother died?" Her response was, "The ladies from her church said she had NO children." (I personally knew most of the congregation)

Moral of the story: The GB are assholes. Their policies are greedy and self-serving. They produce followers just like them. They are Toxic as a whole. If you are dead to them they should be the same to you. Being a martyr teaches them NOTHING. Stay away from poison.

• zeb
    zeb

#rd gen. Have you considered running the problem past a lawyer perhaps that one who did the Conti case?

Its called 'tough love'. You did well.

What was the saying you replied with.. just curios as you didnt tell us.

I have suggested to others in similar situation they write to the wts for help.

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

3rdgen, this WT....always receive and NEVER give...well, apparently now they have to give a lot, since lawsuits are keep flooding all over US, Europe, Australia. Is time for payback. Other Churches they help their elderly, while WT, doesn't give a damn about them.

• blondie
    blondie

By the time my parents died I had had no contact with my father for 15 years and 10 years with my mother; no phone calls, no letters or e-mails, no texts (not that I do that anyway), no second messages from "friends" and relatives...it freed me mentally and emotionally. Ask yourself, if someone slaps you in the face hard every time you meet them, how much contact will you keep with them?

• Sigfrid Mallozzi
    Sigfrid Mallozzi

"Oh, the stories I could tell" about my family. Op and Blondie, I'm in the same boat. I'm just waiting for that call for financial assistance. After squandering millions supporting dead beat bethelites/sons and donating to WTBTS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit