Family is now reaping what they sowed and they don't like it.

by Gemmel 76 Replies latest jw experiences

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

Thanks for sharing that, you’ve broken the like button.

• Chook
    Chook

This church has colossally destroyed the family fabric. Any church that practices shunning should be illegal,just to safeguard the children. Shunning teaches hate, it is a hate crime. As for family wanting money they should be informed to approach bethel for a return of donations to help a parishioner in need. Let Warwick set the example of caring for their so called brothers. Get your mother to ask head office is an apostates money tainted, because I have the feeling Warwick warriors will accept the thirty pieces of silver.

• I Faded Twice
    I Faded Twice

I agree with not helping. Let's say the family member was wealthy hypothetically of course. Would they leave you out of the inheritance because you aren't a witness? If the answer is yes then you have the same obligation to them. Absolutely nothing.

I am in a similar boat as my parents have written me off for simply standing my ground and saying I will not support a organisation that's hiding CSA period.

Karma is a bitch!

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Brother: Hey Gemmel....it's me your brother. Yeah....I know it's been 30 years....time really flies huh? Anyway, mom's really gettin' up there and we need you to start doing your part and kick in your share of her expenses.

Gemmel: Yeah....time does fly but still....30 years of being shunned still mostly feels like 30 years. Tell ya what.....not to sound all Biblical or prophetic or anything but since you folks seem to relate to that kind of thing let me say this. A month for a year... a month for a year equals 30 months. 30 months equals 2 and a half years. Give me a call in 2 and a half years and we'll talk about what bearing my entire familys shunning me for the past 30 years has on me doing what you call "my part" and what percentage it knocks off what you consider to be "my share"....."CLICK"

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

In response to those who wonder if we have or intend to sue WTBT$ for the last loan the answer is No for these reasons:

At the time of her need, we were still believers who wouldn't dream of suing as it would mean certain DFing.(You know, a fate worse than death in our minds.) However, their callous disregard for a faithful widowed, sister who had foolishly given them more than she could spare helped wake hubby and me up!!! HUGE PAYOFF

Once we were out of Watchtower we had a legal consultation and found out that the cost of the lawsuit would likely be as much as we could prove they owed her.

• caves
    caves

Totally agree!

" Standing Ovation "

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

The way you handled it was perfect. If the shoe was on the other foot, and it was you who needed help, they would have either gave you some run around or flat out refused to help.

It got me to thinking about something that happened to my husband and me shortly after we left, maybe a year or two, can't recall the exact year, but my sons were still little guys around 5 and 7. My husband and were taking our children to a place they had always wanted to go. While still on the interstate our car broke down, the transmission went kapooie, ended up needing to be completely replaced. Anyways we were many miles away from our destination, and many miles away from home, and no cell phone. A kind woman picked us and took us to the nearest pay phone, and we first called my father-in-law, he only lived about 5 miles away from where we were calling. He told us he couldn't, but would call one of the other relatives, oh yes, he was an elder at the time. We waited, and waited, and after a few hours, we finally called another relative, in another state to see if they could help. They managed to get ahold of my brother-in-law also a JW, who also lived within 5 miles from where we were. I don't know what they said to him, but he did eventually show up. Found out from him that his father never called anyone to inform them of our situation we were in.

It was not so much me or my husband that bothered me, but he had the nerve to allow his young grandsons to be in that situation. My husband and I are also waiting for the day that we can return the favor. My family is also JWs as well.

• Gemmel
    Gemmel

I don't know what to say, I got online thinking there would be a few comments evenly split over my decision and I find 5 pages of overwhelmingly positive feed-back, I'm completely blown away, thank you.

• Gemmel
    Gemmel

And a extra thank you to those that shared their personal experiences.

Once I work out how to reply the comments that have asked a question I will reply. I usually only read these forums.

Cheers

• Gemmel
    Gemmel

The quote I used was an abbreviation of a bible verse that popular in my family "You will reap what you sow"

I had to google it, I no longer have a bible in the house.

It's based on Galatians 6:7: 'Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit