Family is now reaping what they sowed and they don't like it.

by Gemmel 76 Replies latest jw experiences

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

I would have asked your brother if he was prepared to mend bridges with you and treat you as his brother from now on - if you agreed to his begging request.

His inevitable indoctrinated response would have terminated the discussion - and any further contact.

Have a great early retirement.

• iwasblind
    iwasblind

I am so sorry you had to go through this.

It shows the absolute hypocrisy of that religion. The people are victims but they still follow these benign rules.

I just want to celebrate you for being smart enough to get out and set up your own life.

Peace and power to you!

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Great scripture to read to them.

There's also one that says " you are known by works" or words to that effect, where I'm sure the saying "action speaks louder than words" comes from. If you know where that scripture is you could've read them that one too.

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

People can be so stupid. Just follow the example from the Organization. They kicked out all the long time servants in New York. No job skills, no money, no social security, no letter of reference just a thank you and get out. They gave NOTHING to people who gave everything. Don't reward inhumane treatment. You did the right thing.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander
    3rdgen:

Your experience deserves it's own thread. That is incredible, just incredible! Especially so since your mother was apparently on a first name basis with some of the Governing Body at the time! Gave them millions of dollars over the decades, give them a LOAN, and then to be totally shafted in her old age and hour of need? F*ck these charlatans and this vile, evil CULT!!!!

• alecholmesthedetective
    alecholmesthedetective
    I'm glad to have found this thread, confirms I'm not insane for keeping away from my toxic still in parents, who would do nothing but ruin my life if they had the first chance and tried that before. It's hard to talk about family with normal people, I have to go undercover and pretend I'm 'normal'. Close friends and even ex-jw friends who know I've had problems with my family that they have not had don't seem to be able to get it, though. So I am happy to find vindication in your story.
  • Gemmel
    Gemmel
    alecholmesthedetective

I hadn't even thought of that aspect, I was just feeling the need to vent a bit, glad it helped.

Cheers

• jambon1
    jambon1

Absolutely spot on response.

”Having no natural affection” comes to mind when witnesses shun family.

Well played Gemmel.

• jhine
    jhine

No , Thomas Covenant , most people who believe in a sky god would never behave like that . That is like saying that because a person from a certain place is a drug pusher , so everyone from that place does the same .You would never do that , would you ?

Jan

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

GEMMEL:

Many good posts!..From what I gather, the sh#t is hitting the fan in the Witness religion.

Many have left. The remaining elderly who are affluent are passing away. Everybody else there is also getting old. Many there have not prepared. Sadly, many there in their arrogance thought they would callously shun, disown or disinherit either children or other blood relatives who didn’t want the religion. They were flying high and feeling good when they did this.

What they didn’t count on was Armageddon not coming in time to save them. They also didn’t count on the law of unintended consequences. People who literally cast young adult children out onto the street to fend for themselves (and face God-knows-what) have no business expecting financial aid from them when they are in their old age.

They should ask for money from their ‘spiritual’ friends and the screwballs they lately recruited into the religion. Better yet, go ask the religion for money because they shunned their children on the religion’s say so...Good luck.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit