I am glad to have found the true religion

by A Believer 201 Replies latest jw friends

• A Believer
    A Believer

Nonjwspouse I have made it a goal in 2017 to read the whole bible. I'm only on chapter 8 of Gensis so far.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Too many posts are coming in too fast to reply to them all

that's okay. Take your time but answer them all honestly over the next few days if your conscience allows you to remain talking with disfellowshipped and DAd ones

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Also I said prove it scripturally, the fact that 7:4 uses a definite (144,000) and 7:9 uses indefinite (great crowd) proves dick. What about the definite numbers in 7:5-8

From the tribe of Judah 12,000 were sealed,

from the tribe of Reuben 12,000,

from the tribe of Gad 12,000,

6 from the tribe of Asher 12,000,

from the tribe of Naphtali 12,000,

from the tribe of Manasseh 12,000,

7 from the tribe of Simeon 12,000,

from the tribe of Levi 12,000,

from the tribe of Issachar 12,000,

8 from the tribe of Zebulun 12,000,

from the tribe of Joseph 12,000,

from the tribe of Benjamin 12,000.

144,000 is supposedly literal and these are all symbolic, these scriptures in between the ones your "scholars" cherry picked blow their "logic" away. Lots of "definite" numbers in revelation are considered symbolic by JWS,

try again... I'll be waiting

• A Believer
    A Believer
    freemindfade13 minutes ago

I am still waiting for you to answer any of my question A Believer

How about this one, can you using the bible show scripturally the bible condemn rape and slavery? Spoiler alert you cannot. They are not treated as moral issues. that is your bible there buddy, pretty sick for being the highest level of morality man has...

Here

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/102011251

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse
    A Believer 3 minutes ago
    Too many posts are coming in too fast to reply to them all

Keep a list of the questions then answer them as you can ( soon) That is if you feel the Watchtower has all the answers as the JWs constantly proclaim. If you are true to your faith, you will answer the questions. If you find you can not answer the questions, ( that includes running around a question without answering it directly) then let that be a warning to you about the WTBTS.

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

Many in this forum have read the whole bible many times over. What a shame that as a JW you are setting such petty goals.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    A Believer - "I'm only on chapter 8 of Genesis so far."

Wow.

And you still wanna keep going?

• A Believer
    A Believer

7:5-8 Are definite numbers making up the definite 144000

• azor
    azor

A Believer you're fooling yourself. I was a 3rd generation JW. I worked at bethel straight out of high school. I was a MS through my 20's and an Elder in my 30's. I was the watchtower conductor in my congregation when my then 5 year old son was diagnosed with Leukemia. He would have died had we lived in another country that does not step in as the U.S. does when it comes to life and death medical situations.

2 years into his treatment my wife and I started researching the validity of this organization, subsequently left and lost our entire social network. To the extent that our family and friends that are still active JW's did not even respond to my invitation to his end of chemo party. Now keep in mind I'm neither DF'd nor did I Disassociate. I walked away or faded as the saying goes.

My mom still goes to meetings on occasion for fear of losing her 4 children, and over a dozen grand children that are still in. Had my grand parents known what this group would have done to their progeny they would have run in the other direction when the witnesses came knocking.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

The number of 144,000 is literal, but the Jewish virgins from defined tribes. . .is not? Did your reputable bible scholars say so?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit