I am glad to have found the true religion

by A Believer 201 Replies latest jw friends

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Believer go look up one of my earliest threads where I completely blow up using scripture the belief that only the 144k are anointed through Christ and go to heaven. The scriptures clearly state that all who believe in Christ are gods sons and are of the anointing of Christ.

But on a more serious note this Christ your speaking of is actually Serapis and the ideas of anointing, and baptism are from Egypt originally. Almost all Christian beliefs are taken from Egypt.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I'm so glad the JWs found you too Believer.

You and that organization appear to be perfect for each other.

Don't be shy now in popping back occasionally to rub it in our faces how special y'all are.... oops sorry I mean update us on your JW journey.

• megaboy
    megaboy

I'm assuming a troll is not common on this site?

A beliver, lets stick to the basics.

If what that religion says is true, tell me how the creator's name was changed to Jehovah? Several letters in that name did not exist when the name was spoken in ancient times.

Its not a translation of the name because a translation would be "I am that I am." If you transliterate you spell out the sound that the name made in its original language. But there was no "J" or "V" sound in ancient alphabets.

So explain to me how you can uphold truth but your foundation for truth is in error? There is no such god as "Jehovah", its a human construct, probably one of the most recently created gods in human history. It can do you no harm if you do not attend your meetings and it can do you no good if you attend your meetings. If you cry out that name, who would be there to listen? Do you get wisdom when you pray to it? It seems you get less wise, as you become more dependent on others to make discernments for you. If anything you have coughed up more wisdom going into your temple than when you were without it.

• Yesu Kristo Bwana Wangu
    Yesu Kristo Bwana Wangu

Some time ago I saw this quote somewhere on this forum (can't remember where exactly), but it describes quite well how people find their way into this religion.

It is easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

This religion fools people. Once fooled, it is hard to see that you have been fooled!

• Half banana
    Half banana

@Believer, thanks for staying the course. Your loyalty to the Watchtower however will never be rewarded and neither has any one of the millions of JWs who have existed over time ever been rewarded with the false hope given them by the JW organisation.

The world is much richer and warmer place than is preached by the paranoid rants of Jehovah's Witnesses. May you at least enjoy the comfort of the straight jacket they supply for you.

@Infomouship, it just happens to be a meeting place here on the internet for extra- terrestrials.

• breakfast of champions
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

I'm glad you're engaging with us, A Believer. I think you are here because you really do doubt the lies from your cult leaders, the uninspired Governing Body.

Here's one I made when I woke up.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmO0IipXpSU

• stillin
    stillin

A Believer is a rose among thorns.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Believer, you said "

• Some think of a cult as being a new or unorthodox religion.Jehovah’s Witnesses have not invented a new religion. On the contrary, we pattern our worship after that of the first-century Christians, whose example and teachings were recorded in the Bible. (2 Timothy 3:16, 17) We believe that the Holy Scriptures should be the authority on what is orthodox in matters of worship."

But you believe that the WT has the authority to interpret those scriptures and that when they change their interpretation or understanding, then you are obligated to take on their current truth. You don't think that is culty?

• You said," Some think of a cult as being a dangerous religious sect with a human leader. Jehovah’s Witnesses do not look to any human as their leader. Rather, we adhere to the standard that Jesus set for his followers when he stated: “Your Leader is one, the Christ.”—Matthew 23:10."

The truth is, the JWs are obligated to follow the interpretation of the current WT leadership in matters of life and death, from refusing any national service, refusing to buy a card(malawi) refusing immunization s, refusing all blood, refusing parts of blood, refusing organ replacements. . .whether for themselves or living and unborn children, they are willing to die for, and indeed obligated to do so, in order to prove their loyalty to the WT leadership.

God, Jesus or the bible didn't make any of these things loyalty tests, men did. They are a condition, or used to be, to remain in the org and indeed, to maintain family and social ties.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

So, Believer, you showed the WT teaching that Excludes the majority of humanity from having Jesus as mediator. As an unbaptized study, do you believe him to be your mediator now? Have you talked to your study conductor about your understanding?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit