I am glad to have found the true religion

by A Believer 201 Replies latest jw friends

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

@ A Believer - scripturally debunk my debunking of these J.W. teachings.

Please don't try to give explanations based on JW anecdotes & buzzwords - just use the Bible.

Better still, simply ask any of your potential elders to help you - and then come back and tell us how they reacted.

1) Why does the WTBTS say that the "evil things" spoken of at John 5:29 will be practiced during Christ's 1000 years reign?
    (it-2 p. 789; re chap. 41 p. 300 par. 16; rs p. 338par. 1; bh p. 214 par. 3; uw chap. 9 p. 76 par. 12; w82 4/1 p. 25 par. 18 w78 9/1 p. 22 par. 9)

2) Why does the WTBTS say that the tribulations of Rev. 7:14 & Matt. 24:21 are one and the same?
    The great tribulation spoken of at Revelation 7:14 cannot possibly be the same one Jesus spoke of at Matthew 24:21 - for two obvious reasons:
    a) The great tribulation which is spoken of at Revelation 7:14 is contextually a clear reference to the same great tribulation mentioned five chapters previously at Revelation 2:22 - a tribulation which Christ himself would instigate against those who were corrupting the congregations. The angel was describing a future
    tribulation. He was not discussing one which had already occurred almost 30 years previously.
    b) Regarding the great tribulation at Matthew 24:21, Jesus said "....no, nor will occur again".

How can something which was never to be repeated, have another fulfillment in the future?

3) Why does the WTBTS say that Rom. 6:7 is literal?
    Watchtower May 15th 1982, pp. 8,9 - "The Bible explains that at death a person is set free or released from any sins he committed."
    The surrounding verses - 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, & 11 - clearly prove that the context is figurative!

4) Why does the WTBTS say that the Catholic church's practice of voluntarily confessing to one priest is unscriptural, when Jehovah's Witnesses are compelled to confess their serious sins to three elders?
    Matthew 18:15-17 says nothing about elders being involved when someone commits a serious sin.

5) Why does the WTBTS say that elders can talk with disfellowshipped ones about spiritual things, but publishers can't? (wt 15 4/15 p. 31) Don't God's laws apply equally to everyone?

6) Why does the WTBTS say that a "governing body" resolved the circumcision issue?
    bt chap. 13 p. 103 - "....the first-century governing body settled the circumcision issue..."
    Gal. 2:1-7 shows that Paul was used to resolve the issue, and was directed by a revelation to teach the older men in Jerusalem - not the other way round! (especially verses 2 & 6)

7) Why does the Watchtower November 15, 2014, p. 30 say that the two witnesses mentioned in Revelation chapter 11 were J.F. Rutherford and his companions who were jailed and then released in 1919?
    Revelation 11:7 says that it is "the wild beast that ascends out of the abyss" which kills the 'two witnesses'. Since the wild beast is the United Nations, (according to J.W.'s) how could a non-existent U.N. fulfill a prophecy 26 years earlier?

8) Why does the WTBTS say that birthdays are unscriptural: "The Bible never refers to a servant of God celebrating a birthday. This is not simply an oversight, for it does record two birthday celebrations by those not serving God. However, both of those events are presented in a bad light." (JW web site)
    Job's sons celebrated the anniversary of their births. (Job 1:4; Job 3:1; Jer. 20:14)
    Using the WTBTS's reasoning, 2 Kings 9:30 & Ezekiel 23:40 prove that eye-makeup for women is pagan and should be shunned like birthdays!

9) Why does the WTBTS say that foreigners were not participants of the Law Covenant? (wt 98 2/1 p.19, par. 6)
    God Himself said that they were! (Deuteronomy 29:10-15)

10) Why does the WTBTS teach that "God's laws" are based on post-codes? (wt 88 4/15 p. 28, pars. 13,14)
    If a disfellowshipped J.W. stays at home, his family life continues. If the individual moves across the street, his family must shun him and treat him as dead!

11) Why does the WTBTS teach that "new scrolls" containing new teachings will be opened during Christ's 1000 years reign - based on Revelation 20:12? (w10 4/15 p. 11 par. 17)
    There are no "new" scrolls; the scrolls contain judgments, not teachings, and they are opened after Satan is destroyed - not during the 1000 year reign of Christ.

12) Why does the WTBTS forbid the discussing of such teachings?

(km 9/07 p. 3 Question Box - "Does “the faithful and discreet slave” endorse independent groups of Witnesses who meet together to engage in Scriptural research...? No, it does not.")

• Yesu Kristo Bwana Wangu
    Yesu Kristo Bwana Wangu

Hi A believer!

I can understand you think you have found the right religion. Most of us at some stage had the same conviction as you.

I have a question for you. Do you believe that Jesus Christ is your mediator between you and God?

You might look up 1 Timothy 2:5, John 14:6 and Hebrews 7:25 in the Bible in case you are not sure what the Bible says about it.

I am looking forward to your opinion

• A Believer
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

Dude that link is rubbish, the flood didn't predate the pyramids because they weren't damaged? that is not proof lmao. That whole blurb was complete and utter nonsense, did you even read it? or just find a random link online and post it? For all the cockamamy reasons I've heard apologists try to prove the flood that is by far one of the weakest. It's essentially saying it's true because...bible says so. That guy that wrote that blog is far from any kind of expert

• A Believer
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

More crap, you only reference people using eisegesis and not exegesis.

Accepting traditional Egyptian chronology necessitates rejection of biblical truth. Accepting biblical chronology allows a reconstruction of ancient chronology on a foundation of truth. Viewing the evidence from a biblical framework makes the histories of Egypt and the Old Testament fit together like two sides of a zipper.
  • evilApostate
    evilApostate

You guys just couldn't resist the bait right?

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Besides there are more civilizations that invalidate the flood besides just Egypt, which despite your fundie bible thumper links, still does a pretty damn good job

• sparky1
    sparky1

A Believer is just spreading more Jehovah's Witness apologetics shit. In time he, she or it will tire of pontificating here and move on to greener pastures. Until that time, I will sit back and enjoy the 'show'.

• Yesu Kristo Bwana Wangu
    Yesu Kristo Bwana Wangu

Personally, I think it is better not to go into a discussion of believing in God against not believing in God. I am a believer too. The matter of the piramids will not lead me to lay down my faith in God.

I think it is better to show 'a believer' that the beliefs of the Jehovah's witnesses are not in line with the Bible. Instead of attacking the Bible as a whole.

'a believer': it is very good that you believe in God. Don't let people take away your faith from you. However, you should know that your belief should be based on what the Bible says.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit