@ A Believer - scripturally debunk my debunking of these J.W. teachings.
Please don't try to give explanations based on JW anecdotes & buzzwords - just use the Bible.
Better still, simply ask any of your potential elders to help you - and then come back and tell us how they reacted.
1) Why does the WTBTS say that the "evil things" spoken of at John 5:29 will be practiced during Christ's 1000 years reign?
(it-2 p. 789; re chap. 41 p. 300 par. 16; rs p. 338par. 1; bh p. 214 par. 3; uw chap. 9 p. 76 par. 12; w82 4/1 p. 25 par. 18 w78 9/1 p. 22 par. 9)
2) Why does the WTBTS say that the tribulations of Rev. 7:14 & Matt. 24:21 are one and the same?
The great tribulation spoken of at Revelation 7:14 cannot possibly be the same one Jesus spoke of at Matthew 24:21 - for two obvious reasons:
a) The great tribulation which is spoken of at Revelation 7:14 is contextually a clear reference to the same great tribulation mentioned five chapters previously at Revelation 2:22 - a tribulation which Christ himself would instigate against those who were corrupting the congregations. The angel was describing a future
tribulation. He was not discussing one which had already occurred almost 30 years previously.
b) Regarding the great tribulation at Matthew 24:21, Jesus said "....no, nor will occur again".
How can something which was never to be repeated, have another fulfillment in the future?
3) Why does the WTBTS say that Rom. 6:7 is literal?
Watchtower May 15th 1982, pp. 8,9 - "The Bible explains that at death a person is set free or released from any sins he committed."
The surrounding verses - 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, & 11 - clearly prove that the context is figurative!
4) Why does the WTBTS say that the Catholic church's practice of voluntarily confessing to one priest is unscriptural, when Jehovah's Witnesses are compelled to confess their serious sins to three elders?
Matthew 18:15-17 says nothing about elders being involved when someone commits a serious sin.
5) Why does the WTBTS say that elders can talk with disfellowshipped ones about spiritual things, but publishers can't? (wt 15 4/15 p. 31) Don't God's laws apply equally to everyone?
6) Why does the WTBTS say that a "governing body" resolved the circumcision issue?
bt chap. 13 p. 103 - "....the first-century governing body settled the circumcision issue..."
Gal. 2:1-7 shows that Paul was used to resolve the issue, and was directed by a revelation to teach the older men in Jerusalem - not the other way round! (especially verses 2 & 6)
7) Why does the Watchtower November 15, 2014, p. 30 say that the two witnesses mentioned in Revelation chapter 11 were J.F. Rutherford and his companions who were jailed and then released in 1919?
Revelation 11:7 says that it is "the wild beast that ascends out of the abyss" which kills the 'two witnesses'. Since the wild beast is the United Nations, (according to J.W.'s) how could a non-existent U.N. fulfill a prophecy 26 years earlier?
8) Why does the WTBTS say that birthdays are unscriptural: "The Bible never refers to a servant of God celebrating a birthday. This is not simply an oversight, for it does record two birthday celebrations by those not serving God. However, both of those events are presented in a bad light." (JW web site)
Job's sons celebrated the anniversary of their births. (Job 1:4; Job 3:1; Jer. 20:14)
Using the WTBTS's reasoning, 2 Kings 9:30 & Ezekiel 23:40 prove that eye-makeup for women is pagan and should be shunned like birthdays!
9) Why does the WTBTS say that foreigners were not participants of the Law Covenant? (wt 98 2/1 p.19, par. 6)
God Himself said that they were! (Deuteronomy 29:10-15)
10) Why does the WTBTS teach that "God's laws" are based on post-codes? (wt 88 4/15 p. 28, pars. 13,14)
If a disfellowshipped J.W. stays at home, his family life continues. If the individual moves across the street, his family must shun him and treat him as dead!
11) Why does the WTBTS teach that "new scrolls" containing new teachings will be opened during Christ's 1000 years reign - based on Revelation 20:12? (w10 4/15 p. 11 par. 17)
There are no "new" scrolls; the scrolls contain judgments, not teachings, and they are opened after Satan is destroyed - not during the 1000 year reign of Christ.
12) Why does the WTBTS forbid the discussing of such teachings?
(km 9/07 p. 3 Question Box - "Does “the faithful and discreet slave” endorse independent groups of Witnesses who meet together to engage in Scriptural research...? No, it does not.")