I am glad to have found the true religion

by A Believer 201 Replies latest jw friends

• A Believer
    A Believer

Startrekangel Was reading the entire Bible ever a requirement to be in any religion?

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse
    A Believer 5 minutes ago
    Nonjwspouse I have made it a goal in 2017 to read the whole bible. I'm only on chapter 8 of Gensis so far.

Good for you! Please post/check in when you are reading Romans. That should be interesting. Are you reading it front to back with no WT materials? If so, that is how it is intended to be read If you rely on WT materials you will be intentionally biased. That isn't what you are trying to achieve , surely.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

So literal people from the tribe of Gad? of Judah? lmfao seriously dude?

And pasting a link to JW.borg doesn't prove to me from the bible that slavery is condemned or rape. Morally condemned, think about that for a minute. In the OT you rape someone's daughter it's not considered a moral problem, it's considered you damaged her owner (fathers) property, now you have to pay him money and marry her.

• alcyone
    alcyone

7:5-8 Are definite numbers making up the definite 144000

This is not a JW teaching. The org says:

12,000 from one tribe = figurative

144,000 = literal

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

This guy is googling and jworging links and copy pasting as fast as he can without doing any real research

You have not shown me where the BIBLE condemns slavery or rape as immoral: Fail

You have not shown me with the BIBLE how 144k is literal, in fact you showed how silly it is by trying to included :9 which means we have to consider 5-8: Fail

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

You have to laugh at A Believer. Instead of spending his time spreading what he is delusional enough to see as truth to others who may be receptive, he is spending his time here. I wonder what his masters....errrr....elders would think about his use of time. More importantly, what would Jehovah think. I guess it kind of shows that he doesn't really believe like he says. Welcome to the dark side A Believer!

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Jehalapeno is sad...

1. Hasn't read the bible aka the goat herder's guide to the galaxy
    2. Cavorting with known apostates
    3. Not defending the one true religions doctrines using the bible...
  • Sanchy
    Sanchy

dubstepped: I guess it kind of shows that he doesn't really believe like he says. Welcome to the dark side A Believer

I agree. His being here clearly shows he doesn't believe at all.

A Believer: Was reading the entire Bible ever a requirement to be in any religion?

When you are on here claiming that you know for 100% for sure that this is the one true religion according to the Bible, then yes, you should definitely have read it.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    freemindfade - "... the bible aka the goat herder's guide to the galaxy..."

I've never heard that before.

That's pretty good.

• sparky1
    sparky1

"I am glad to have found the true religion." - A Believer

Me too! They fit perfectly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest