I am glad to have found the true religion

by A Believer 201 Replies latest jw friends

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

Yesu the JW teach Jesus is our mediator

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2008922

No they do not.

The WT says that Jesus is the mediator for the 144,000 only.

They have a made up role for him for the Great Crowd.

Mediator

Those for Whom Christ Is Mediator. The apostle Paul declares that there is “one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus, who gave himself a corresponding ransom for all”—for both Jews and Gentiles. (1Ti 2:5, 6) He mediates the new covenant between God and those taken into the new covenant, the congregation of spiritual Israel. (Heb 8:10-13; 12:24; Eph 5:25-27) Christ became Mediator in order that the ones called “might receive the promise of the everlasting inheritance” (Heb 9:15); he assists, not the angels, but “Abraham’s seed.” (Heb 2:16) He assists those who are to be brought into the new covenant to be ‘adopted’ into Jehovah’s household of spiritual sons; these eventually will be in heaven as Christ’s brothers, becoming a part with him of the seed of Abraham. (Ro 8:15-17, 23-25; Ga 3:29) He has transmitted to them the promised holy spirit, with which spirit they are sealed and are given a token of what is to come, their heavenly inheritance. (2Co 5:5; Eph 1:13, 14) The total number of those who are finally and permanently sealed is revealed in Revelation 7:4-8 as 144,000.
  • A Believer
    A Believer

Those for Whom Christ Is Mediator. The apostle Paul declares that there is “one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus, who gave himself a corresponding ransom for all”—for both Jews and Gentiles. (1Ti 2:5, 6) He mediates the new covenant between God and those taken into the new covenant, the congregation of spiritual Israel. (Heb 8:10-13; 12:24; Eph 5:25-27) Christ became Mediator in order that the ones called “might receive the promise of the everlasting inheritance” (Heb 9:15); he assists, not the angels, but “Abraham’s seed.” (Heb 2:16) He assists those who are to be brought into the new covenant to be ‘adopted’ into Jehovah’s household of spiritual sons; these eventually will be in heaven as Christ’s brothers, becoming a part with him of the seed of Abraham. (Ro 8:15-17,23-25; Ga 3:29) He has transmitted to them the promised holy spirit, with which spirit they are sealed and are given a token of what is to come, their heavenly inheritance. (2Co 5:5; Eph 1:13, 14) The total number of those who are finally and permanently sealed is revealed in Revelation 7:4-8 as 144,000.

• A Believer
    A Believer

Oh I missed you're post.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

A Believer, using your randomly googled link strategy try to explain to me how the Sumerian story of the same flood (footnote/spoiler, bible plagiarized the flood story from the Epic of Gilgamesh) was recorded before what would be the actual date of the biblical flood?

let me guess... historians are wrong?

• Yesu Kristo Bwana Wangu
    Yesu Kristo Bwana Wangu

A Believer:

Read this part of what you posted

He mediates the new covenant between God and those taken into the new covenant, the congregation of spiritual Israel.

Jesus mediates between God and those taken into the new covenant... again, who is in this covenant? He only mediates for them.

Do you know what spiritual Israel is?

Without having a good understanding of the explanation from Jehovah Witnesses who is in the new covenant and what spiritual Israel is, you''ll get trapped in topics like this, about Jesus as our mediator.

Jesus is indeed mediator for all of us according to the Bible.

But not according to the witnesses.

That's the whole point.

You see?

• Sanchy
    Sanchy

Yesu Kristo: Do you actually know what spiritual Israel is?

He has had difficulty in the past differentiating between the 144k and the great crowd, so his understanding on the subject is limited.

A B, do look up who they are so that you can understand why we say that contrary to what the Bible teaches, WT believes Jesus is NOT the mediator for everyone.

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

He mediates the new covenant between God and those taken into the new covenant, the congregation of spiritual Israel.

A Believer - Spiritual Israel = 144,000

Jesus does not mediate for the Great Crowd.

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

A Believer

On a previous post you mentioned you were at school.

You're young, and at a vulnerable age. If you are not careful you will:

Lose your friends. It doesn't who they are, or how long they have been your friends you'll be expected to drop them. They'll automatically be considered 'bad association' by JW's.

Lose your family. As you won't be celebrating birthdays or Christmas anymore you'll find your family relationships will get strained.

Have limited prospects. JW's are against further education, and university in particular. This is why there are so many jokes on this forum about elders being window cleaners etc. You could be a low wage earner all your life as you'll be encouraged to quit further education and focus on what the WT considers 'theocratic activities'.

I'm sure the sistes that called were very nice (was one of the them hot?!) but it's a strange world you are looking at entering. On the outside it looks great, nice people who are all smiles in the meetings. But once you're inside you'll be stuck in an endless cycle of meetings, assemblies, ministry and the hierachy in the organisation. Over time you'll find them incredibly gossipy and friendships will only last as long as you keep in that endless cycle I mentioned above.

I strongly urge you to re-read JWFacts and see if you can get copies of 'Crisis of Conscience' and 'Gentile Times Reconsidered' online.

• infamouship
    infamouship

I feel sorry for a person like A Believer because he or she is just another casualty of religion. A place where reason and logic is suspended. Nothing but unempirical faith and highfalutin language. All of the evidence indicates that this religion and any religion is absolutely false. I was born into this disgusting cult and had 30 years to my belt, including childhood, before I left permanently. This sect really does a number to a person psyche.

Complete side question. I just joined and I noticed the weird alien avatars that a lot of people have. What's the meaning of them? Just curious.

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

..would be nice if 'Jehovah angels' did a little more to look after the vulnerable children in their care.....or perhaps they get a kick out of watching children being abused..since they see everything. The arrogance of 'A Be Leaver' amazes me.....def something false about him/her.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit