I am glad to have found the true religion

by A Believer 201 Replies latest jw friends

• schnell
    schnell

@Magnum, Jeeeeeeeezus. Just today, I saw a driver in traffic who did something that I realized was the absolute stupidest thing I have ever personally seen. That, right there, is the stupidest thing I have ever read. So we're on a roll here.

What did you say to him afterwards, Magnum? Please, tell me this stupid idea didn't go unchallenged!

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Believer, you did a jw thing. You rejected what you know and accepted biblically because the WT told you too. There was no rational argument. You just dropped a central tenet of Christianity and spouted nonsense cause you bought the lie that you are too stupid to read the scriptures yourself. Bless your heart.

• Listener
    Listener
    A Believer - The elders know much more than I, or anybody else in this thread about the Bible. Really if their are lurkers they should talk to one in a local congregation if they need more answers on matters.

If I'm going to believe what you say then there's a bit of a dilemma.

In the OP you state

How saddening it is to see the wolfs in sheep clothing on this website that for some reason still go to the Kingdom Hall. Well atleast it was sad.

I've got no way of knowing that the Elder at my local KH is not a 'wolf in sheeps clothing'. Anyway, that's not my problem, it's yours.

• iwasblind
    iwasblind

Hi A Believer I hope you have a Greek / Hebrew Interlinear handy. If not check out www.biblehub.com

The reason I left was purely scriptural - so I am hoping you are a keen student of the scriptures.

I have about 50+ other bible questions, I will return if you can answer them scripturally. Here are some thing I hope you can answer for me.

1 - Col 1:17 according to the greek is a total mistranslation. It misrepresents Jesus totally and looks like the NWT has been changed to fit in with doctrine. Can you help me understand why it has been translated that way?

2 - If you look at every use of Jehovah in the Greek scriptures, can you explain why the society has added Jehovah to 70+ scriptures when they were not a direct quotation from the Hebrew? This is exactly what they accuse the other religions of doing by taking his name out.

3 - Search for "obeisance" in your bible app. Can you explain why the exact same greek word is translated obeisance when it comes to Jesus - but worship when it comes to God?

I did a thorough study of my scriptures as a witness - I sourced my information straight from the bible not any "apostate" sites. I could do this all day long.

My feeling is if you are a sincere worshipper of God you will want to find out these answers. Happy to provide more questions. Happy for you to PM me also.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Yeah. I see now that Jesus isn't our mediator and only the 144000s. Who are actually of all kinds because from the Israel tribes we all came from.

A Believer, you need to ask your study conductor that question again, 7 months ago when i was still in the Kingdom Hall that wasn't the correct answer. "All kinds" meant all nations, races and genders. Nothing to do with literal Israelite tribes. Look at the list of tribes it names in Revelation, it mentions the tribe of Joseph but not the tribe of Dan. In ancient Israel there was no tribe of Joseph or Levi. Ephraim and Manasseh replaced them. The tribe of Levi did not have an inheritance because it was a priestly tribe.

Unless of course the Revelation book has been "revised" again since my leaving?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    A Believer
    The elders know much more than I, or anybody else in this thread about the Bible. Really if their are lurkers they should talk to one in a local congregation if they need more answers on matters.

Now I know you're misinformed!

• Sanchy
    Sanchy
    BTW, I was an elder in JW world for many years. So were many others here. I know much more about the bible now than I did then.
  • TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

A Believer - The elders know much more than I, or anybody else in this thread about the Bible. Really if their are lurkers they should talk to one in a local congregation if they need more answers on matters.

This comment here shows a COMPLETE lack of common sense that one should have if they REALLY want to know the truth about the Scriptures AND Christianity. Sorry, I know that sounds rude, I just want to shine some reality.

. The bible cannon was last confirmed by Catholic bishops around 382ad. It is a Catholic book written after the start of Christianity. It is a written record of Jesus' ministry and the works of the apostles. It is a companion and written record of their faith.

There was Christianity for years AND it was spread through words and deeds by Jesus's apostles and their disciples before the gospels and letters were ever written and confirmed, There is no bible in the early church, yet the church was there. Search history and see that NO JW doctrines are from the early church. NOT ONE.

There is a written history of this time penned by some of the church fathers. You can buy or download these written works if you google the church fathers. Many of the early church fathers were direct disciples of the 12 apostles.

So now you have a question of authority in learning about the bible and Christianity. Who has history on their side?

150 years vs 2000 years...hmmm, I wonder who knows more about the bible? The people who gave us the bible or a group of Johnny come latelys?

ALSO, going door to door with a bible in hand and then pushing the Watchtower and Awake mags that they teach is more correct than the bible is why folks like me consider the JWs at the door as 'a wolf in sheep's clothing'.

There is nothing legitimate about 'Lying for the Truth' That's what the WTS does. They lie for the org and call it truth. There is no truth in the WTS. Doesn't that bother you believer? That you follow liars and you now are a liar. Doesn't that bother you at all?

The Truth Will Set You Free

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

A Believer,

The Bible is about how Gods intention for the Earth was to be a paradise, and how it will be returned to that way.

It seems that you don't know your Christian scriptures at all. In it you'll find that the crux of those scriptures is about God's plan for salvation of sinful man not some pretty trees and cute Panda Bears. It's sad that an atheist should have to tell you this.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

A Believer, using your randomly googled link strategy try to explain to me how the Sumerian story of the same flood (footnote/spoiler, bible plagiarized the flood story from the Epic of Gilgamesh) was recorded before what would be the actual date of the biblical flood?

let me guess... historians are wrong?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit