Half of the cong was dancing last night

by StarTrekAngel 78 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• exjwlemming
    exjwlemming
    Sounds like they stole the music from The Carpenters?
  • Gayle
    Gayle
    I have nothing against the music. Lilting. Upbeat! Then, when over in extreme contrast, will be followed by boring downbeat talks of the end, destruction, fear, judgmentalism, depression. Thus, the manic depressive order: "episodes of mood swings ranging from depressive lows to manic highs" and again depressive lows, etc.
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    One extreme emotion to the next, correct.
  • breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Oh Jesus Christ help me!

So first, my wife (who still attends meetings with a family member) tells me there's an awful new song that no one had the lyrics to at the meeting the other night.

Then today, I see all these posts on FB about this fantastic, new Lion King-esque song at the meeting where everyone was practically rolling in the aisles.

And now I've heard it for myself. . . . . ..

I know the GB is batshit crazy. . . . . But this?!!? Really?!?!?!?

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog
    Sam Herd said at an assembly once that if you feel like moving to the music, don't hold back.
  • A.proclaimer
    A.proclaimer
    At my hall, they keep playing the new songs in the background after the meeting is over. When this song came up, my sister started talking like if she was a commercial narrator. We laughed and then we started talking about how weird and mainstream-like the new songs sounds. It sound like church music to me.
  • macys
    macys
    OMG STA you got to read my thread I just posted! Very similar experience! It was so funny I am still laughing.
  • Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro
    Yeah, it was really weird. I really felt isolated standing there with no lyrics
  • Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    Its an example of how the pseudo intellectual aspect of JW's is now morphing into primarily emotional appeal. Happy Shiny People.
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade
    I'm going to break my "not going to midweek meeting" record and attend the circus tonight to see this joke. The worst part will be afterwards listening to people who were clearly thrown off and confused justify how its all good and the changes are just the best.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit