Half of the cong was dancing last night

by StarTrekAngel 78 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

So went to the meeting last night. I had not been to one since before the holiday break (3 weeks ago). Besides, it was our first meeting in the new format.

So first there was a big lie. Not that is uncommon but it makes me curious if this lie was in the talk outline or the elder made this up. It was related to the spiritual cleansing carried out by Hezekiah and how he wanted to celebrate passover once he was done cleaning the kingdom of false worship but he was a month late. He proceeded to do it anyway, on the 14 of the next month instead of Nisan. However, the elder giving the talk said that there was a provision in the law that allowed him to do that. I don't know where he got that from.

Anyway, the funny part was that the meeting was going to be close with a new song. 142. They told us that this new song had the new orchestra, so we would listen to the song first and sing along after. Funny thing is that as soon as the song started you could see the face everyone was making. My 12 year old leaned over to my ear and said "How tropical!", my wife looked at me in disbelieve and I said "What the hell?". A couple of sisters in front of us were rocking their hips at the beat of the song.

When it was over and we got to the car, we were all laughing. Wife said she did not like that at all. Mother in law said that she felt like she was in one of those churches with the big chorus and the hand up in the air.

IF they would just think a little harder...

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

"Mother in law said that she felt like she was in one of those churches with the big chorus and the hand up in the air."

That is coming soon! lol

• the girl next door
  • shadow
    shadow

Numbers 9:6-14New International Version (NIV)

6 But some of them could not celebrate the Passover on that day because they were ceremonially unclean on account of a dead body. So they came to Moses and Aaron that same day 7 and said to Moses, “We have become unclean because of a dead body, but why should we be kept from presenting the Lord’s offering with the other Israelites at the appointed time?”

8 Moses answered them, “Wait until I find out what the Lord commands concerning you.”

9 Then the Lord said to Moses, 10 “Tell the Israelites: ‘When any of you or your descendants are unclean because of a dead body or are away on a journey, they are still to celebrate the Lord’s Passover, 11 but they are to do it on the fourteenth day of the second month at twilight. They are to eat the lamb, together with unleavened bread and bitter herbs. 12 They must not leave any of it till morning or break any of its bones. When they celebrate the Passover, they must follow all the regulations. 13 But if anyone who is ceremonially clean and not on a journey fails to celebrate the Passover, they must be cut off from their people for not presenting the Lord’s offering at the appointed time. They will bear the consequences of their sin.

14 “‘A foreigner residing among you is also to celebrate the Lord’s Passover in accordance with its rules and regulations. You must have the same regulations for both the foreigner and the native-born.’”

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    OMG startrekangel I totally understand where you are coming from. God if they had played that song 10 years ago it would of caused post traumatic stress syndrome. I don't even know this religion any more. I remember a few years back there been an assembly part on why they didn't jazz the songs up a bit and basically the reply to it was it was good enough as it was. If only I knew then what a knew now I wouldn't have believed it. Astounding.
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    Get ready everyone, all new, all singing, all dancing, happy-clappy JWs coming soon to a KH near you.
  • Tenacious
    Tenacious

I skipped the meeting. I don't think I could stomach the glee happy faces of experiencing the new format for the first time.

I would rather take a hot poker up my.....well you guys get the point.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    OMG...my spouse is dancing around the room as we are listening. It's hilarious!
  • Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds
    lol whatever happened to 'dignified music'
  • The Marvster
    The Marvster
    As 'the girl next door said'.... definitely Lion King, maybe Lion King come Mormon youth.... lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit