Half of the cong was dancing last night

by StarTrekAngel 78 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mana11
    mana11

How Bloody Depressing - can someone send me some prozac.

God .. . . was life really that shallow...

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

WHATSGOINGON video is hilarious , my how things have changed.

The JWS are acting more Pentecostal or Baptiste every day..

If you changed the word used in the song to Jesus from Jehovah you could hear that song in

one of those church environments.

Its like the JWS are trying to be more popular or hipper, with video monitors up on the stage in front everyone etc.

Hey if it makes people happy who am I to judge !

• TakeOffTheCrown
    TakeOffTheCrown

HA!! This is enough to make you roll on the floor.

• fukitol
    fukitol

All my WTBS loathing aside, I really like the new song, if it's the one posted by The Girl Next Door. I'll get flamed for saying this but I think it's the best KH melody yet.

It would sound great in one of those Joel Osteen style megachurches.

Definitely a sign here of going a bit more mainstream, at least superficially (but sadly not doctrinally where it matters.)

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Yeah, I think a copyright suit is in their future too, listen to this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8zlUUrFK-M

• Prometheus
    Prometheus
    THEY CAN'T EVEN WRIGHT THEIR OWN MUSIC!!!! THEY ARE SO PATHETIC AND USELESS
  • Pistoff
    Pistoff

Yeah, they lifted the entire 5 note refrain from Jurassic Park, added two notes.

Plus, the lead in is lifted from somewhere else, I'll find it.

On a side note, one of the old Kingdom Melodies lifted an entire 8 or 9 note line from Mendelssohn, Songs without Words, Opus 6 or 7.

I heard it on Pandora one day (classical music during work hours, works great) and it hit me, whoa, where have I heard that before!

• Alive!
    Alive!

I agree with Pete ( not my taste in music, but can see how it will catch on)

As Pete said, why not a bit of fun and music joy in the meetings - I can imagine many dear friends who will LOVE this....

But for me, I attended for over two decades and music, dancing, swaying and behaviour such as this in 'holy meetings' was NOT approved, was mere 'emotionalism' used by churches to keep their flocks - and here we are. We never, ever even swayed, we would have been marked as 'weird'.

It's like watching the roll out of a corporate marketing plan, logos, branding, music - in double quick time.

• Prometheus
    Prometheus
    I think there are copyrights in regards with music. I'm not sure but you are allowed to use few notes from a specific famous song/music into a new compose without any lawsuit. And I guess this is what they are doing. They are not so stupid to risk it
  • whathehadas
    whathehadas

๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚Sounds like a prelude to the Hustle into Jurassic Park

https://youtu.be/wj23_nDFSfE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit