In one sentence, can you pinpoint a single event that woke you up?

by Brian J 76 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Brian J
    Brian J

My turning point: Serving on a child abuse judicial case.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

My turning point: The anti higher education talks, cheered on by a bunch of old men in NY who have never lived in the real world.

Oh...there is just too many to list.

• silentbuddha
    silentbuddha

Wife needed to perm hair for circuit assembly demonstration...

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The 1995 change in 'this generation' deeply disturbed me and bothered me for years, so it was the beginning of allowing myself to doubt that the doctrine was absolute.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Lett during a talked said he was considered an apostate while at bethel because he like the rest there didn’t think Armageddon was going to come in 1975. Growing up during that time but only about 7 in 1975 I remember them denying any of the 1975 Armageddon ideas came from bethel saying it was tough elders and cos making that claim. So during the talk I was like WTF?

Whats funny about it is I was several thousand miles away from home alone trying to get work to support my family then going to a regional convention praying that there would be some new info for me to provide me with some kind of pick me up or encouragement.

Brain J please give more details to your child abuse case that helped to wake you up.

• Dunedain
    Dunedain

Yeah, Brian J, can you give us some more info concerning the child abuse case, and how it helped you wake up?

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Sorry ment to say Lett unlike the rest at Bethel did not think Armageddon was going to come in 1975.

• venus
    venus

The fact that belief in God exerts no power over their attitude which expresses itself in keeping the GB filled the white until Kofi Atta Annan was elected as the seventh Secretary-General of the United Nations in 1996 [JWs were too late to appoint one GB member from the black community (Samuel F. Herd) in the year 1999]

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    My turning point: Serving on a child abuse judicial case.

I didn't have one thing that was a turning point. It was a series of realizations and things I knew/learned about myself. There was something that precipitated my putting my fading in motion, but it was a progression of things that made me angry, disappointed, sad, depressed and bitter about my life as a JW.

• OneGenTwoGroups
    OneGenTwoGroups

Sitting at a convention, David Splane was pontificating on his new baby. The overlapping generation.

For fuck sake, you must be fucking kidding me.

That's all I could think.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit