In one sentence, can you pinpoint a single event that woke you up?

by Brian J 76 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Straw that broke the camel's back was the whole UN thing. But, as in many of the responses, it was lots of little things that simply were too much and I had to take an honest look. Once I did so, I quickly realized that it was all bs

• Dagney
    Dagney

The 1995 generation change was when I knew for sure they were making everything up. I hung in analysing the Watchtower mag more and more in the following years. At a Sunday meeting one day I had a moment of clarity where I knew I didn't belong there, I couldn't teach what they were teaching, and my whole life as I knew it would change. I never went back.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8
    Watching the old timers bobbing their head in agreement with the explanation of the overlapping generation at the 2010 district convention made me realize I had to escape the cult.
  • Sail Away
    Sail Away

Similar to Dagney and NVR2L8, I knew the overlapping generation teaching was crap, and I had a moment of clarity at a Tuesday night meeting when I knew I just couldn't hear them say one more time that so many people were going to die at Armageddon (including my adult children); I knew I was done.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Many things for me were "Too Good to be true" to beleive in the WT world. For Example,

• JWs are the only ones who would survive Armageddon, and even the good worldly people would be destroyed.
    • Have seen so many good hearted Non JWS who never accept WT teaching, how hard I try.
    • There wasn't any God's Organization or truth prior to CT Russel
    • Almighty Jah remained silent for 1875 years, when his Holy name was removed from his Holy book and WT had to restore it in the early 20th Century.
    • Finally the 607 research was the "Opening of the can of Worms" for me
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot
    humbled - "Bethel agreed with every point of my research and then faulted me for doing it."

* epic facepalm *

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

It's rarely just one thing, but rather a growing katamari ball of things.

Although, I admit that there often can be one final thing that finally sets the katamari ball unraveling.

In retrospect, it wasn't one final thing that turned me so much as something I simply couldn't do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit