In one sentence, can you pinpoint a single event that woke you up?

by Brian J 76 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

In one sentence...

It was when I realised I simply did not believe in god.

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

Revelation....it's grand climax at hand

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

More than one thing but the biggie was 'overlapping generations™'.

Then I knew for certainty the Governing body were mental cases that needed putting out of my misery.

• javierjiminy
    javierjiminy

My turning point: Finding the secret elders manual, helping my mom for her upcoming JC by using the manual, only to find the elders lied to my mom and dfing her for spiritually weak instead of acknowledging her Bipolar condition and acting pharisaic instead of Christlike.

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

Attending the Remain Loyal to Jehovah convention in 2016 and watching the bunker and shunning dramatizations.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

No one single big aha moment but seeing lots of "unchristian like" and un loving behaviour that stayed in my mind and niggle away making me dissatisfied.

The first apostate website I stumbled across showed the plagiarized images and mentioned Jimmy Swaggart.

I faded and now 9 years later they've forgotten I ever existed.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Lots of doubts festering, starting with the 1995 generation change, but it took the realization that there really was no voodoo, hocus-pocus, Holy Spirit direction involved to prevent the "crimes" of elders from being swept under the rug that that pushed me out of the door. Then the "overlappy generation" thing was just . . . . well . . . embarrassing.

• Ficklemagpie
    Ficklemagpie

Watching the shenanigans of the elders and societies barrister in my brothers court case after they refused to cooperate with police, barrister, and judge In his child abuse trial.

• polish clarinet
    polish clarinet

attending a convention and watching a video that taught all christian family souldn't answer any phone call from their disfellowshipped daughter... disgussing and ten times worse than "wordly people"

• floridaborn
    floridaborn

When the memorial talk focused more on who should drink the wine than Jesus

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit